Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 02:39 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times

Advertisements

We stopped at a rest stop during a car trip. My son was around 7 or 8 I think. He was begging to get something out of one of those gum ball/trinket machines. One had plastic rings and another had baseball and football cards in them. You know worthless junk that ends up in the trash or under the car seat. He wanted a sports card. During that time several professional athletes were on the news being accused for various crimes. You try to shelter as much as you can but well kids hear things.

He said loudly, "I sure hope I don't get a sex offender!" I got some dirty looks on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 05:57 AM

772 posts, read 1,060,254 times
5 year old daughter has a couple of the teachers in her school pregnant at the time so one Saturday we were outside in the front yard and a neighbor(with somewhat of a beer belly��) and his wife walks by and stops to exchange greetings. My daughter, says, Hi XX, are you pregnant, maybe twins?...hehehe I didn't know what to say, except to apologize and tell my daughter off and tell her that you know only women can have babies.. then she says, "but you said, only women have breasts too, XX also has breasts"... DH just dragged her inside...hahaha. His wife on the other hand was having a ball and was telling her husband, "you see why I've been begging to to go to the gym, so children don't think you are a pregnant woman"

Last edited by COCUE; 10-01-2016 at 06:09 AM..

Old 10-01-2016, 11:32 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCUE View Post
5 year old daughter has a couple of the teachers in her school pregnant at the time so one Saturday we were outside in the front yard and a neighbor(with somewhat of a beer belly��) and his wife walks by and stops to exchange greetings. My daughter, says, Hi XX, are you pregnant, maybe twins?...hehehe I didn't know what to say, except to apologize and tell my daughter off and tell her that you know only women can have babies.. then she says, "but you said, only women have breasts too, XX also has breasts"... DH just dragged her inside...hahaha. His wife on the other hand was having a ball and was telling her husband, "you see why I've been begging to to go to the gym, so children don't think you are a pregnant woman"
Good one! out of the mouths of babes eh? lol

Old 10-01-2016, 11:58 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I've posted this one in here before, so forgive me if you've seen it.

We were in K-Mart and the speaker went off with a lady saying my full name and saying my 4 year old son was at the customer desk because I WAS LOST. I had to walk up there with everyone standing and watching to see a mom who had gotten lost in the store. I could've died and when I asked why he said I was missing instead of him, he said he knew where he was. He's 40 and I still get after him for that.
That has actually become the norm in many stores, amusement parks, etc. to say that the parent is lost. IT is supposed to be reassuring to the child.

Old 10-01-2016, 12:13 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Nope, they were raised "born free". Not surprisingly, they were more embarrassed by us than the other way around.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:29 PM

I have another one.. Funny after the fact but totally embarrassing at the time. DH is pretty good with voices, so we would play with the kids and he would different characters with voices like Mufasa (lion king) and he says his name is daddy lion king, and daddy king Kong, daddy pig (Pepa Pig) etc. So I was at the park with the kids one day and one of girls was finally able to do the most difficult monkey bars very well and she asked me to take a picture and send to daddy and I said ok.

My 3 year soon piped up and said, "which daddy" and I was like, silly, you only have one daddy, and he shouts, no, we have 5 and proceeds to list out their names at the top of his lungs, the park was full.. So you could see quite a few people moving away from us, physically any mentally. Thankfully when he listed, daddy pig, my girls state doing Pepa Pig voice, fighting over who was Pepa and who was Suzy Sheep any my son was George. Then some of the parents start laughing and figured out that the"daddies" were characters rather than me sleeping with 5 men at the same time

Old 10-01-2016, 02:29 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehowarth View Post
Saw this on another forum and thought it would make a fun thread

When have your kids embarrassed you in public?
I'll tell you about the time I embarrassed my mother to a high degree. We were entering the home of a friend to have dinner, when I let out a very loud and rude noise. You know how mothers often prompt their kids to say things like, "Thank you", "Pardon me", etc., by saying the words themselves and expecting the child to repeat them. So my mother said, "Well, excuse me!". But I said nothing and the hosts looked at her, thinking that she was the one who had done it. I was barely able to keep from laughing out loud.

When we left, she really went at me, saying that I'd better not ever dare to humiliate her like that again. But my father thought it was funny and told her that after that, she'd better let me speak for myself.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:10 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
I have another one.. Funny after the fact but totally embarrassing at the time. DH is pretty good with voices, so we would play with the kids and he would different characters with voices like Mufasa (lion king) and he says his name is daddy lion king, and daddy king Kong, daddy pig (Pepa Pig) etc. So I was at the park with the kids one day and one of girls was finally able to do the most difficult monkey bars very well and she asked me to take a picture and send to daddy and I said ok.

My 3 year soon piped up and said, "which daddy" and I was like, silly, you only have one daddy, and he shouts, no, we have 5 and proceeds to list out their names at the top of his lungs, the park was full.. So you could see quite a few people moving away from us, physically any mentally. Thankfully when he listed, daddy pig, my girls state doing Pepa Pig voice, fighting over who was Pepa and who was Suzy Sheep any my son was George. Then some of the parents start laughing and figured out that the"daddies" were characters rather than me sleeping with 5 men at the same time
Many years ago we moved into our new house with an extended family member (adult, my age) and her 2 kids, plus me, hubby and our 2 kids. She was moving in with us to escape a bad situation and it so happened we were moving into our new house at the time so we all moved in at the same time.

The neighbors were really weird with us, besides one older couple. Years later the older man let it slip that the neighbors had thought we were a polygamous family! His wife got mad he told me LOL. I wish they had told us from the beginning, I could have...like, I don't know, wore a shirt saying we weren't?

Old 10-01-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Many years ago we moved into our new house with an extended family member (adult, my age) and her 2 kids, plus me, hubby and our 2 kids. She was moving in with us to escape a bad situation and it so happened we were moving into our new house at the time so we all moved in at the same time.

The neighbors were really weird with us, besides one older couple. Years later the older man let it slip that the neighbors had thought we were a polygamous family! His wife got mad he told me LOL. I wish they had told us from the beginning, I could have...like, I don't know, wore a shirt saying we weren't?
Lol.. you could be sister wives:

Old 10-01-2016, 03:21 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times
Quote:
This is the best, I sincerely thank you for the laughs! Too bad it's not recorded, you'd win an award!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting