Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2016, 08:08 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
But we've all actually potty trained children.
You dont have to know if it it's going well or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 08:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
You have no credibility because you have no children and aren't a pediatrician, yet you're making statements that if a child isn't potty trained by 3, there's a problem.

I asked you to cite your source for this information, which you didn't do.

It's perfectly fine not to know anything about certain topics, as long as you don't pretend that you do.

It would be like me going to a hunting and fishing forum and telling them what's what, when I hadn't done either. NOBODY would take me seriously.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:11 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You have no credibility because you have no children and aren't a pediatrician, yet you're making statements that if a child isn't potty trained by 3, there's a problem.

I asked you to cite your source for this information, which you didn't do.

It's perfectly fine not to know anything about certain topics, as long as you don't pretend that you do.

It would be like me going to a hunting and fishing forum and telling them what's what, when I hadn't done either. NOBODY would take me seriously.
I know plenty. I know people who have potty trained and they've discussed as it was what was going on with their lives.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
I know plenty. I know people who have potty trained and they've discussed as it was what was going on with their lives.
There are hundreds of variations of what different phases look like when a child is growing up. EVEN I, now old enough to be a grandparent, would NEVER say I know plenty.

That, in itself would show how little I know.

Watching others with their kids do not make one an expert. Sorry.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
My son wasn't potty trained till 3. I didn't think anything about it till the pediatrician suggested he should be potty trained. I had two daughters before that and potty trained them earlier and with no problem, but I guess I just waited till I thought they were ready, not using age as a guideline. My son was just ready later. Once I decided to potty train him, he was potty trained quickly.

I personally like to potty train when the weather is warm so if they have an accident they aren't wearing wet pants in the cold.
I just read an article on webmd that stated daytime accidents can happen until a child is five, and bedtime accidents can happen into grade school.

I agree, they're all unique. Our pediatrician told us to wait until they were 33 months, as I recall, "and then I expect it to happen quickly." In the case of mine, that was true, but I knew kids in other families that had some fears and it took longer.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:03 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,143,332 times
My son was not fully potty trained until he was 3 1/2. I remember stressing about it because I was a daycare/pre-school teacher at the time and many of the kids in my class that were 2 1/2 were on their way. My son had zero interest. I took him to work with me and I would say, "Look at the other kids going to the potty. Do you want to try?" He would just look at me and say, "Nope". Our pediatrician told me not to worry. Boys take longer. He told me to start becoming concerned when he turns 4.

My son always had a little bit of a stubborn streak on somethings. Once he decided he liked all the cartoon underwear, that was it. Done.

Recently an employee told me that his 1 yr old and 22 month old are both potty trained. I find that a bit young.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:25 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Not when your opinion tries to make someone else's business your business when it doesn't concern you in any way.
Uch behave yourself.... of course its to give our opinions..

Old 10-10-2016, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I just read an article on webmd that stated daytime accidents can happen until a child is five, and bedtime accidents can happen into grade school.

I agree, they're all unique. Our pediatrician told us to wait until they were 33 months, as I recall, "and then I expect it to happen quickly." In the case of mine, that was true, but I knew kids in other families that had some fears and it took longer.
I dont know what grade school means.. or age...but if a child is still wetting the bed after four or five theres something emotionally wrong...

Old 10-10-2016, 01:56 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I dont know what grade school means.. or age...but if a child is still wetting the bed after four or five theres something emotionally wrong...
No there isn't.

Old 10-10-2016, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
No there isn't.
So what do you think causes bed wetting.. in an older child...Children in orphanages seem to bet wet more , is there a connection... Kids who see fighting or arguements in the home... bullying from other childrens.. being shouted at or hit can cause bed wetting..many causes but mostly emotional..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting