Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 07:38 PM

28 posts, read 13,497 times

Advertisements

Just want to say thank you for reading and if you have any advice, i truly appreciate it.

Please forgive the long winded post, I want to make sure I cover all the basis.

To start I moved to NH in 2011 after I finished up my service in the military. I had two daughters. One with my first ex wife and a second with my now second ex wife (I made some bad decisions and married cheaters). Anyways, moving on.

My first ex wife and I made a verbal agreement I would take my daughter with me to NH since I was gone for 2 years of her life for deployments. We had a fairly amicable relationship.

We moved, my daughter got a few calls from her mother every month and they slowly dwindled down to no calls. She didnt talk to her for around 2 months, then I called her. She started up the regular calling once again. Then we drove half way to her state and my daughter stayed with her for a week. This was back in 2012 I believe.

So we meet half way and I get my daughter back, she throws a tantrum, doesn't appear to have been baithed for awhile. None the less I take her home and we get back on the same routine after a few days. My daughters behavior was awful for a few days as well right after her visit.

Moving on. Ex called once or twice after the visit. I didnt hear from her again until a few months ago. I was going through my second divorce. I was pretty messed up and only focused on caring for my kids and dived into their lives and my course work. I had hobbies etc. Anything to get my mind off of the stuff I was going through and prevent my two children from seeing how messed up I was.

Well when I received her message i was not in the state of mind to handle it. So I ignored it.

So, my first ex wife had failed to contact my daughter since 2013 until recently.

I have spoken to an attorney, I do not have the money since the divorce to go out and start the process I need to.

So here is where I am going with this.

I want to remove my ex wife's ability to make any decisions. I want my daughter to have her mother but not if she is going to keep popping in and out of her life.

In other words. I want sole physical and legal custody, and if she so chooses too, I want my ex wife to have to have supervised visits.

Since I have zero money right now, where do I start?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 02:35 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,848,328 times
you call the court and ask for legal aide or do it alone. WHICH I DONT RECOMMEND but it may be your only option.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:54 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,933,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroadtraveledoften View Post
Just want to say thank you for reading and if you have any advice, i truly appreciate it.

Please forgive the long winded post, I want to make sure I cover all the basis.

To start I moved to NH in 2011 after I finished up my service in the military. I had two daughters. One with my first ex wife and a second with my now second ex wife (I made some bad decisions and married cheaters). Anyways, moving on.

My first ex wife and I made a verbal agreement I would take my daughter with me to NH since I was gone for 2 years of her life for deployments. We had a fairly amicable relationship.

We moved, my daughter got a few calls from her mother every month and they slowly dwindled down to no calls. She didnt talk to her for around 2 months, then I called her. She started up the regular calling once again. Then we drove half way to her state and my daughter stayed with her for a week. This was back in 2012 I believe.

So we meet half way and I get my daughter back, she throws a tantrum, doesn't appear to have been baithed for awhile. None the less I take her home and we get back on the same routine after a few days. My daughters behavior was awful for a few days as well right after her visit.

Moving on. Ex called once or twice after the visit. I didnt hear from her again until a few months ago. I was going through my second divorce. I was pretty messed up and only focused on caring for my kids and dived into their lives and my course work. I had hobbies etc. Anything to get my mind off of the stuff I was going through and prevent my two children from seeing how messed up I was.

Well when I received her message i was not in the state of mind to handle it. So I ignored it.

So, my first ex wife had failed to contact my daughter since 2013 until recently.

I have spoken to an attorney, I do not have the money since the divorce to go out and start the process I need to.

So here is where I am going with this.

I want to remove my ex wife's ability to make any decisions. I want my daughter to have her mother but not if she is going to keep popping in and out of her life.

In other words. I want sole physical and legal custody, and if she so chooses too, I want my ex wife to have to have supervised visits.

Since I have zero money right now, where do I start?
When it involves the health and well-being of your child, "I don't have the money" is not an excuse,you beg and borrow if need be, but you get the proper help to fix this unhealthy situation with your kids. Your kids well being is worth debt.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:16 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,526,504 times
You can represent yourself in family court. It's generally not advised, but there is no requirement to get a lawyer. All the forms to file are available at the family courthouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting