Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 10:35 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,444,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star Ranch View Post
billionaire George Soros is paying $1000+ to protesters
Got some proof that can be verified? Please show it to me. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 10:41 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star Ranch View Post
Of course I wouldn't bail my kids out of jail for PROTESTING. In regards to protesting Donald Trump for winning the election, my kids and grandkids would have to also learn the consequences for "being stupid".

While billionaire George Soros is paying $1000+ to protesters, makes one wonder WHY? The stupid and ignorant don't care. They then need time inside those gray-bars to reflect "the WHY".
Uh, not true. My daughter was at the protest march at Rutgers yesterday. Those protestors did not get paid, and were not protesting the election results but the rather the misogyny, xenophobia, and bigotry that has plagued and continues to plague the Trump camp.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:52 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,444,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Uh, not true. My daughter was at the protest march at Rutgers yesterday. Those protestors did not get paid, and were not protesting the election results but the rather the misogyny, xenophobia, and bigotry that has plagued and continues to plague the Trump camp.
They can't hear you.

I've noticed they continue to post and repost their foregone conclusions without evidence that it's true.

They don't trust the media because it often doesn't tell them what they want to hear, so they turn to the electronic version of gossip (Breitbart, InfoWars, BareNakedIslam etc.) to satisfy their confirmation bias.

Without bogeymen like immigrants and Soros to rave about, they might be be pulling the wings off insects or torturing small animals for fun.

At least their hobby of repeating nonsense on the internet is harmless.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:56 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
With all these kids that have been arrested for rioting I wonder if they feel safe in the knowledge their parents will bail them out. Now this is not being political, there are many other things people have been arrested for while trying to protest such as pipelines, climate, etc.

But if your child did get arrested for protesting/rioting would you bail them out?
Depends. Depends if the kid did anything criminal, or just got swept up in a crowd. And if the kid doesn't have a history of being in trouble with the law. If he's a good kid, sure.

Depending on his age, though, I'd put that amount on his tab, for future repayment...if he's 18 or above. If he's a teenager, I'd foot the bill.

If he had been violent, though...no. The problem is...kids lie. Don't know how I'd tell if he's telling the truth or lying. Of COURSE he's going to say he's innocent.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:00 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
They can't hear you.

I've noticed they continue to post and repost their foregone conclusions without evidence that it's true.

They don't trust the media because it often doesn't tell them what they want to hear, so they turn to the electronic version of gossip (Breitbart, InfoWars, BareNakedIslam etc.) to satisfy their confirmation bias.

Without bogeymen like immigrants and Soros to rave about, they might be be pulling the wings off insects or torturing small animals for fun.

At least their hobby of repeating nonsense on the internet is harmless.
They're embarrassed at the public protesting their guy. It's the only time this has happened in modern history. It will be there for historical purposes, too. Forever. Videos and pics of the tens of thousands protesting a person who imitated the disabled, was foul mouthed, was insulting to the citizens and in particular minorities and women...Future generations will remember with shock and wonder how it happened, and study how it happened, so history doesn't repeat itself.

It IS embarrassing, isn't it? But that's a democracy. People get to show their displeasure with things.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:08 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
With all these kids that have been arrested for rioting I wonder if they feel safe in the knowledge their parents will bail them out. Now this is not being political, there are many other things people have been arrested for while trying to protest such as pipelines, climate, etc.

But if your child did get arrested for protesting/rioting would you bail them out?
Yes, if arrested for protesting, but if by rioting you mean damaging property or hurting people, NO. There is no excuse for that.

I have an adult child, and while I was disturbed that she refused to vote in this election, I was proud that on the day after the election she made a thoughtful post on Facebook about proceeding sensibly now that Trump was elected and urging people to make better choices through what they buy or how they treat others, despite whatever our government will become.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:30 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Because recent protests were about politics.
Well there is another place for people who want to debate politics. This isn't the spot. Also, not all the protests lately are political in the same way. BLM, the native american pipeline, the election, and more. Take your pick. The OP didn't specify.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:35 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
I had an adult friend call me up once to come bail her out because she'd been arrested for shoplifting. So I did.

I didn't stop to ponder her guilt or innocence. I didn't leave her there to learn a lesson. I didn't berate her when I got there. We were friends and she needed help so I gave it.

She was punished for the shoplifting by having to do community service which consisted of wearing an orange jumpsuit and collecting garbage on the highway ROW. It was a tremendously miserable and demeaning punishment for her, but she committed a crime and paid the price.

I still can't believe some of you wouldn't bail your own child out of jail.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:53 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Take your pick. The OP didn't specify.
Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:57 PM

88 posts, read 86,700 times
Yes I would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting