Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:12 PM

64 posts, read 189,730 times

Advertisements

Everything slid south a little
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 06:25 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
I am NOT a heavy person... nor have I ever been... but I gained a ton of wt with my first born... lost it all and had the second (normal wt gain) 18 months after the first. Again, I have lost all but five pounds- but I am ok with that. My lower belly is soft and will NEVER be the way it was for the majority of my life again BUT it is ok... I have two adorable children and if that is going to be my BADGE OF HONOR for carrying them- then so be it. I put my clothes on and nobody sees it. It doesn't bother my husband- so he says- at times I think about a tummy tuck but let's be honest... my hhubby is the only one looking at me and if he still thinks I am sexy then why bother? I can get myself into a six/eight instead of a four... big deal- fours are hard to find most of the time anyway...makes shopping easier In terms of hair getting thinner= I have REALLY curly hair- cork screws on top of my head and VERY thick. It actually became frizzy when I had kids. The perfect curl went away with each pregnancy- but came back about a year after my youngest was born. I think the hair thining is more of an age thing than pregnancy. You hair does thin with age- everyone's does. I am finding the crown of my head to be thinner than before- but I have hair to spare so it isn't too much of an issue for me.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:36 PM

617 posts, read 2,072,854 times
After which baby? My body was fine until son #3 because he was a c-section. Then the next three babies were all c-sections, I was over 30, and my body just never recovered from it. But I'd still do it all again the same way, even knowing I'd lose my tiny body.

As for the hair, I think it's because the combination of pregnancy hormones plus the pre-natal vitamins make your hair even thicker than normal. Then after the birth things start going back to normal, you shed much of that new pregnancy hair and you just think it's thinner than before you got pregnant.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:55 AM

50 posts, read 131,421 times
I heard if you put cocoa butter lotion on your stomach everyday while your pregnant it will help reduce the number of stretch marks you get but i dunno if its true cause i havnt had children yet.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:21 AM

64 posts, read 189,730 times
If that is true I'm scared to think what my stomach would have looked like without it - I slathered that gunk on my stomach every day and my tummy still looks like a road map.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:56 AM

617 posts, read 2,072,854 times
Cocoa butter is good but there are other ingredients that help as well. I made a belly balm for my son's gf when she was pregnant using cocoa butter, shea butter, emu oil and matrixyl. Those aren't ingredients you can get locally, though.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:16 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane06 View Post
I heard if you put cocoa butter lotion on your stomach everyday while your pregnant it will help reduce the number of stretch marks you get but i dunno if its true cause i havnt had children yet.
I'm not sure if this works. I used it with my first baby, but not the second one. I didn't have stretch marks with either baby.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:43 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,965 times
I fared well during pregnancy and following childbirth, and I was 32 when I gave birth to my daughter. I ate healthy when I was pregnant -- lots of fresh vegetables and fruits (she was born August 10), and overall, didn't gain but 23 pounds. After delivery and a four day stay in the hospital, I got on the scales when I got home, and was only 8 lbs. from the weight I had been when I conceived.

My breasts did not fare well. I had always been heavy-chested, and breastfed the baby, and seem to have lost what little support I had in my breasts. I wore good, supportive nursing bras, but still, they took a dive 'south.'

I stayed active during the pregnancy, as well as resumed activities as I could, afterwards. One of the things that helped me the most was wearing little panty-girdles -- much like granny panties, but with support panels across the front. Saved my poor tummy as it shrank, especially from going up and down the stairs! I purchased them for my two sisters, too, when they had their children, and the one who had all three of her boys by C-section said the panties helped immensely. Mine had been vaginally-delivered.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:07 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
When I got pregnant with my first child I weighed 97 pounds and when I gave birth I weighed 173!!

I gained good amounts of weight with all my children but my daughter but my body always came back I am now 110, 5'6", size 4 with 6 children. With that said, my stomach is not as tone as I would like it to be.

My last 2 labors resulted in emergency c sections and I have to believe those muscles don't want to go back like they once did!!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:08 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
My wife seems to be doing well after giving birth 3 months ago. She ballooned up to 165lbs just before giving birth and now she's 134lbs with a few more pounds to lose. Her yoga and weight lifting is doing wonders for her body but she cant seem to figure out how to get rid of hat verticle line that runs from the bellybutton down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting