Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 302 times

Advertisements

I am currently researching data regarding enrolling infants to health insurance. Infants are covered for 30 days on the the parent's health insurance, but then, if they haven't been enrolled, they may lose their coverage. Some allow late enrollment; some allow late enrollment, but will not pay for fees incurred between the 30 days and the late enrollment; and some will not allow late enrollment and you have to wait for the next open enrollment period.

Anyone have any first-hand experience with this or know someone who did? Information I'd like to know:
• What contributed to the delay in enrollment?
• Were you able to enroll late?
• Were there any fees or costs that occurred because of the late enrollment?
• Was healthcare delayed because of the late enrollment?
• Were there any other "side effects" caused by late enrollment, such as bankruptcy, divorce, etc.

Thank you in advance for your input. If I can find people who have had this issue, I would like to be able to communicate with them more thoroughly to determine the extent of this issue. Again, thank you for your time and attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting