Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:41 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times

Advertisements

My son turned 8 and was afraid to go in on his birthday , even though everyone else did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 07:51 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,306 times
One thing I'd worry a bit about is over-sensitive parents not wanting their "little babies!" shooting at each other.

Other than that, I see no problem with it.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:16 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,932,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
One thing I'd worry a bit about is over-sensitive parents not wanting their "little babies!" shooting at each other.

Other than that, I see no problem with it.
Then they can keep their "little babies" home, while the rest of the kids have fun.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:59 AM

787 posts, read 644,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2be1053 View Post
My son will turn 6 in few months, and I'm in very early planning phase. He told me other day that he wanted to do laser tag at the local sport complex for his birthday party with classmates invited.

I'm thinking it's more of 7-8-9 year old level to do this kind of birthday party. What would your thoughts be if your 6 year old child was invited to his/her classmate birthday party at a laser tag? My son will be the 3rd last kid out of his 15 classmates to turn 6, the rest is already 6 and even 6.5 years old.
It sounds awesome!

I know when I was six, I'd be elated to participate. He might be a tad young, but you know your son best, how he plays with kids a bit older, I think if he can pick up how it works, he will have a blast.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:32 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Both of my kids love laser tag, and would be thrilled to participate in a laser tag party. At our local laser tag place, 6 is the minimum age they allow to play. If the OP's place has the same restriction, this would mean that the three kids younger than her son wouldn't be able to join in.

Aside from that possible issue, I can't imagine any six year old not loving it. I would open it up to the parents as well, because some of them might feel more comfortable if they were in there with their kids. Just make sure that they have the room to themselves, and not mixed in with a teenager group.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
My nephew had laser tag at his 4th birthday party. They went to one of those family fun centers that has laser tag, go carts, arcade games, etc. He had gone a few times before, mostly with his older brother's boy scout troop.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:51 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
Laser tag would be great fun for him. No reason to deny him that because he is 6.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:38 PM

560 posts, read 540,116 times
Thanks for the feedback. This place is a complex; can do a sport theme party, playmaze or laser tag theme party. My son had the opportunity to play laser tag one evening during parents night out with a friend, and had a ball! Hence the idea of wanting to do it for his birthday. I'll talk with one of event manager, but their website says minimum age is 6 and will tear it towards specific birthday age group; whether be it 6, 7, 9 or teen ages. So that is a positive.

Only couple of things that give me pause and will ask is 2 of his classmates have later summer birthdays, so they won't be 6 for my sons party. Will have to check whether that is a hard and fast rule, and the other is I have a younger son who will be 3.5 years old at time of party. Obviously he can't join and would hate for him to feel left out...any ideas? Surely I can't be the only parent with younger siblings who doesn't make the cutoff age. Will ask and find out, there is the playmaze but that's probably closed during birthday groups, and an arcade ;94 hi, to hang out though.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:59 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,961,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2be1053 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. This place is a complex; can do a sport theme party, playmaze or laser tag theme party. My son had the opportunity to play laser tag one evening during parents night out with a friend, and had a ball! Hence the idea of wanting to do it for his birthday. I'll talk with one of event manager, but their website says minimum age is 6 and will tear it towards specific birthday age group; whether be it 6, 7, 9 or teen ages. So that is a positive.

Only couple of things that give me pause and will ask is 2 of his classmates have later summer birthdays, so they won't be 6 for my sons party. Will have to check whether that is a hard and fast rule, and the other is I have a younger son who will be 3.5 years old at time of party. Obviously he can't join and would hate for him to feel left out...any ideas? Surely I can't be the only parent with younger siblings who doesn't make the cutoff age. Will ask and find out, there is the playmaze but that's probably closed during birthday groups, and an arcade ;94 hi, to hang out though.
The younger sibling stays with the parents while older brother and his friends play laser tag or one of the parents takes him to the arcade to play. Let your older child enjoy his birthday party without having his kid brother tag along in an activity that he's not old enough to play.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:41 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
My kid has had his own laser tag guns since he was 4.
He loves them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting