Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 09:12 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Not being snarky honestly, but you seem to overanalyze the decision, obviously just based upon what your posts say. Do you view yourself as overly analytical and dark in your every day thinking and dealings?

I, unfortunately was not blessed with kids, it didn't happen for hubby and I. But of all the people I know who are mulling over starting a family, I have never heard your concerns. (I will add, that doesn't make it wrong, just, IMO, very odd.) I have heard many times, do we have enough money, what about college, what about if I lose my job, can we pay for college, can I afford daycare, would I stay in my job or stay at home, could our parents care for them during the day, will I be a good mom/dad, etc. But never once have I ever heard someone contemplating pregnancy being so dark. We all "wonder" what kind of a world it will be for our kids. My dad was a WWII vet, and he wondered, as his dad before him wondered, but that wonderment was in a more "disney like" thinking. I wondered if, our world would be more like the Jetsons in terms of technology and it is, but I never once went to the darker side of identity theft and hacking. I looked at the world through a different colored sense than you seem to. My friends and family did too. Now, my nieces and nephews have and are having kids of their own and they are faced with the same decisions and they are looking at things in the same world you are, and they never once mention regret and cancer etc.

Just wondering.
Seriously. This poster's posts are weird. Obviously she has issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 10:01 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Just when I think I've seen the strangest thread started, I am surprised by another one that's even more strange. SMH.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:20 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
why have kids??

we were too poor for birth control except for this foaming stuff and that freaked me out....... looked like scrubbing bubbles..

so we took the ovulation cycle timing approach........ 4 kids later we still didnt have it mastered..

sometimes you get surprises in life

once you have kids your life changes.. for the better ..i wish i had 20 kids.....love being a dad...

Old 02-03-2017, 07:39 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Does anyone else find the OP's username incredibly amusing, under the circumstances?
This whole thread is amusing!

I had children so I could embarrass them during the important high school years. So they could bleed me financially dry, after blackmailing me with the with holding of love if I didn't buy them what they wanted. $5,000 Chanel Bags, A half million dollar home, $20,00 Rolex watch yada yada yada. of course I heard' You can afford it!'

So they could get involved with drugs and go into treatment. Repeatedly. 17 times by the time she's 35.

And of course so I could reverse the blackmailing when I get old and demand they take care of me and change my diapers. But that is a cultural thing.

Oh wait no that wasn't me but what I witnessed of friends with kids. Childfree and very happy!

Old 02-03-2017, 11:19 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Going to try to be brief because I have a bad habit of rambling. I'm trying to work on it ... just don't want anyone to think I'm "flip"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAborg View Post
1). why did you decide to have children? were they accidental? how old were you when you had them?
It was never a question; I've always known. I didn't think it would happen so FAST though. I have a medical history of hyperovulation: 4 different BC pills failed, IUD is not appropriate for women with hyperovulation (ironic), severe allergy to Nonox9 (spermicidal) & my 13 yr old is a post-vasectomy baby.

I was age(s): 17, 20, 22, 24, 26(twins), 27, 28, 33(twins), 36.

Quote:
2). how many children do you have? what are their ages?
I have eleven. They are now: 31, 28, 26, 24, 22(twins), 21, 20, 15(twins), and 13.

Quote:
3). had you thought of how their lives would be like prior to their conception, things like:
if they would be happy, like if they would grow up regretting their birth? If they would get cancer, or have their legs/face/arms blown off in a war they were forced to fight in? If they would be forced to endure the next war?
Usually took me about 5 seconds to go from "I'm in love!" to sheer terror.

Quote:
4). what would you do if your children ends up regretting their birth, and wishes to commit suicide? Would you help them attain the right to die (I think Belgium is granting their citizens, after a many many many tests and therapy sessions, to attain the right to die).
They are here for a reason. I would throw myself in front of a train for them. I don't entertain the arrogance of whatever it is that Belgium is doing. As soon as "we" are able to arrange our arrival, maybe "we" can arrange our departure ...until then, were stepping on toes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting