Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 05:23 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozmarietodson View Post
I don’t really know how to start this off. You be the judge on am I blowing this out of proportion or no.
But I’m almost certain that my Biological son 16 and steo daughter 17 are sleeping together and by that I mean they’re <edit>having sex

This will be a sort of a vent, but I will show you the evidence and you help me to decide on what should I do next. I think that I’m going crazy this makes me so ANGRY!

My friend sent me this article:

How to keep your sanity when it seems like everyone is out to drive you crazy

It provided some really great tips that I haven't seen anywhere before, not only in that article but others as well. But even though I got my emotions under control I still don't know how to sort this situation out.

I don’t have any solid evidence that they are actually having sex, but it has been super weird and all of my red flags have gone off for the past few months.

It all started few months ago, I started to notice that they are spending more time together, but it was nothing big, Step Daughter helped out my son to do his homework and they watched movies together. I thought that this is really nice! They’re finally bonding after a year of living together.

But then it started to get weird. They spent a LOT of time together. I noticed that my son very often in my step daughters room and they always close the door, so I have no idea what is going on in there. I don’t really want to break the trust of my kids and don’t storm in the room, I always knock.

But last night I woke up very early because I needed the toilet, it was about half an hour before everyone in our house wakes up and I heard my son coming out of my step daughters room. My heart was pounding and I had no idea what the hell had just happened. But do you think this is normal?

I haven’t talked to my Husband about this, how could I? I don’t have any solid evidence and I can’t possibly ask the kids, because what if I’m wrong? I really don’t know what to do can you give me any tips or ideas?
If I had a 16-year-old son, and just the thought that a 17-year-old girl would be moving into the house.....I would have already begun assuming that something like this above event would happen.

It seems inevitable from the get-go, unless one of them was to have some seriously repulsive nature to repel the other.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:47 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,584,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
We don't place hidden cameras in our teenagers rooms

I am sure they don't want their own parent watching them undress. Weird.

I hope the OP comes to update us, at some point. She could use prayer
Where did OP say anything about religious affiliation? Or are you being presumptuous? What if OP is an atheist?

Old 02-18-2017, 06:34 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
I didn't say it happens all the time. Keep your own words. It is not unusual was my point. Nor is it abnormal.
"All the time" and "not unusual" are not that different.

What you "thought" you remembered from your childhood IS abnormal and is not relevant to this thread because the people in the OP are not children.

The parents need to talk to them and stop entertaining the silly ideas of skullduggery posted here on this thread.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:36 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
No, I know what you wrote. Let's not act like it's a normal, acceptable thing that happens ALL the time.

At any rate, the siblings involved in the OP aren't children and aren't related so your contributions down the incest path are off topic AT BEST.
I don't see why this is a big deal. They aren't young children. They are on the cusp of adulthood. Whatever it is they are doing they're keeping it discreet.

The only reason this could be a huge deal to the OP is if she is somehow jealous because she isn't getting enough 'attention', we'll call it, from her husband. Or her thinking is in the gutter.

OP, newsflash: It is 2017, 16 and 17 year olds have sex all the time. Most of us survived.
They aren't biologically related so it's no big deal.

Why is it causing you so much distress?

Old 02-18-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
I don't see why this is a big deal. They aren't young children. They are on the cusp of adulthood. Whatever it is they are doing they're keeping it discreet.

The only reason this could be a huge deal to the OP is if she is somehow jealous because she isn't getting enough 'attention', we'll call it, from her husband. Or her thinking is in the gutter.

OP, newsflash: It is 2017, 16 and 17 year olds have sex all the time. Most of us survived.
They aren't biologically related so it's no big deal.

Why is it causing you so much distress?
Technically it's not out of the ordinary for older teens to have sex.

What makes this situation a big deal is that the OP views these older teens as siblings because they are the children in the family dynamic.

It doesn't have to have anything to do with the OP's own sex life. As a parent, you tend to look at your kids a certain way and when they behave in ways that contradict that outlook, it shocks you sometimes.

They need to have a sit-down is all.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:43 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
"All the time" and "not unusual" are not that different.

What you "thought" you remembered from your childhood IS abnormal and is not relevant to this thread because the people in the OP are not children.

The parents need to talk to them and stop entertaining the silly ideas of skullduggery posted here on this thread.
Depending on what exactly happened, it could actually be quite normal childhood sexual experimentation and curiosity.

I wish posters would take the time to educate themselves on topics before calling other people abnormal.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:53 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,663,918 times
Quote:
Technically it's not out of the ordinary for older teens to have sex.

What makes this situation a big deal is that the OP views these older teens as siblings because they are the children in the family dynamic.

It doesn't have to have anything to do with the OP's own sex life. As a parent, you tend to look at your kids a certain way and when they behave in ways that contradict that outlook, it shocks you sometimes.

They need to have a sit-down is all.
I think you're correct and that the OP views them as siblings, but they aren't. If they had been raised together it would be different. The OP and her husband need to have a honest talk with both kids. If they are having sex, nothing the OP can really do about it. Get the girl on birth control, insist on them being discreet and respectful in the home but that's about it.

Several posters on this thread are in definite denial if they really think that they are aware of everything that their children have ever done.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:01 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
You seem to be reacting as if I said adults
So they were under the age of 18.

I had a close friend, a girl a year younger than me on our street that told me her experience later on in life. When we were kids we would stay out till the lights came on in the neighborhood. Most kids went back in at that time. For some reason her and I would stay out longer talking about life and what ever. We were more like best friends. Although I had thoughts of dating her or at least getting a kiss that never happened.

She started dating a guy in high school her Senior year. He was in the Navy. The last day of school she runs off with him and gets married. She leaves the area and it was almost as she had vanished. Her sisters tell me she got married and moved to Oklahoma.

More years pass, she has three kids, her mom gets sick and she ends up back at her moms to help out for a few months. We catch up at a barBQ. Turns out she had the same feelings for me way back when. In fact her sisters tell us that the only two people that did not know we liked each other was the two of us.

During that time we catch up. She opens up about her life as a kid. She tells me that spending time with me on the street in the evenings was more of a life saver for her. she tells me she hated that street except for the times we spent together talking and playing as kids. She says that is the reason she left because of the pain from living on that street. She then starts telling me about her two brothers and what they had done to her from the time she was 10 years old. At 9 she started to develop. By 10 she looked like she was 16. She told me that not only her two brothers but an uncle and a cousin would have sex with her. That lasted all the way up till high school. She told me staying out late was a way she tried to escape it.

All these guys were under 18 when this all started. Just kids.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Depending on what exactly happened, it could actually be quite normal childhood sexual experimentation and curiosity.

I wish posters would take the time to educate themselves on topics before calling other people abnormal.
Likewise.

Again, NONE of that applies to the OP.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:05 AM

720 posts, read 500,735 times
I would just say be damn sure before you go accusing them. This isn't the kind of thing you can take back.

I will say, not to freak you out, but speaking as someone who had a few girls over when I was a teenager without my grandparents ever really finding out, if they were fooling around, my guess is they would be much sneakier about it. They wouldn't give you any reason to suspect. The fact that you're "on to them" might mean there's nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting