Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 07:23 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
It's entirely possible an infant in that situation is getting more attention that with a mother with a toddler and preschooler at home. Unless we're all supposed to now only have 1 child so that we can be 100% devoted?
Who takes better care of an infant: Mom or daycare worker?

Old 04-05-2017, 07:23 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Who takes better care of an infant: A mother or a daycare worker?

Why the refusal to answer?
I answered the question, you just don't like the answer.

"A" mother or "a" daycare worker is not a valid question. There are some mothers who don't take care of their children even if they are home. If I wanted to be disingenuous I could say that a baby of some crack-addicted "mother" is being better cared for in a top of the line daycare. But that would be just as disingenuous as the assumption that every SAHM is a better mother just by virtue of being home. Children are better with happy parents, a roof over their heads and some degree of financial security. Those can be accomplished in many ways including both working parents and SAHP. All situations are the business of individual families. Most caring, educated parents are making what they feel is the best decision for their families. Children who are in daycare, all other things being equal, do just fine.

MYOB

Last edited by maciesmom; 04-05-2017 at 07:37 AM..

Old 04-05-2017, 07:30 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
Quote:
This is a silly question. It depends on the day care and it depends on the mother. There are crack ***** mothers out there that do a horrendous job.

I'm not saying the daycare did a better job than I would. Maybe they would, because like Maciesmom said, my time would have been divided between my infant, my 8 year old, and all the household duties.

I had a regular housekeeper so when I wasn't working I could devote my time to my husband and kids. It was the best choice for my family.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:44 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
The question IS a simple one: Who takes better care of an infant: Mom or daycare worker? Not hard, not confusing, does not need a bunch of random excuses ... just pick one. BUT: instead of answering the question honestly, you are throwing out lots of random examples to show that YOU believe that a daycare worker will take better care of your infant than you will.

By avoiding the question, you've answered it.

You believe daycare workers take better care of your infant than you could. Got it. Loud and clear. If you believe that statement is WRONG, then answer the question DIRECTLY.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:49 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
Quote:
The question IS a simple one: Who takes better care of an infant: Mom or daycare worker? Not hard, not confusing, does not need a bunch of random excuses ... just pick one. BUT: instead of answering the question honestly, you are throwing out lots of random examples to show that YOU believe that a daycare worker will take better care of your infant than you will.

You believe daycare workers take better care of your infant than you could. Got it. Loud and clear. If you believe that statement is WRONG, then answer the question DIRECTLY.

Sometimes I envy people like you that live in a very simplistic black/white world. I really do.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:54 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:

I answered the question you asked. You tried to pose a question you thought could only lead to one answer by a caring mother. You appealed to your own ego.

A baby's actual needs can be met by a variety of people, including a loving daycare provider. Additionally there are all kinds of needs that families have that are separate from the needs of one member. Are all daycare providers loving and nurturing? Not any more that all mothers are loving and nurturing. An infant who is in daycare for part of her day can thrive just as successfully as an infant cared for by parents only.

And stop putting words in my mouth please.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:55 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
[quote=newtovenice;47743346]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post

And who is addressing the needs of the infant? As I predicted, no one will answer that question:

Which is better for an infant, being in care of its mother or at a daycare?

WHY the absolute REFUSAL to answer the question?
The infant's needs are being met by parents part of the day and some one else part of the day. Did you really need some one to spell that out?

Old 04-05-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Sometimes I envy people like you that live in a very simplistic black/white world. I really do.
Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:

I think a child can get the same, or even better care at day care. It depends. Again, it's not black and white.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
How could you possibly even know the answer to that question? Some moms are depressed. Some are overwhelmed. Some have other kids to take care of. All if them have mountains of laundry and dishes to do.

One could argue that a child is better off in the arms of a caregiver than in a bouncy seat while mom does dishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting