Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2017, 03:02 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
They will remember that you chose to give them to someone else instead of being there yourself.

Did you see the first smile? First rollover? First word? First steps? First solid food?

A woman I worked with put her son in daycare at 6 weeks. All of his firsts were in daycare. She missed EVERYTHING.

Sad sad sad that this doesn't seem to matter to women anymore. Every rationalization under the sun to give your babies to someone else. If your babies don't remember, than I guess any behavior is permissible?
Honestly, why all the drama? I didn't give my daughter to anyone. She's very much mine. In fact, we were just texting a few minutes ago. And I didn't miss anything. I saw her do all those firsts. Is it possible she did one of them at daycare? I suppose so, but the caregiver didn't tell me, so the first time I saw her do something was the first for me.

Are you worried about all the fathers who are gone when their children do all the firsts?

Old 04-06-2017, 03:04 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,884 times
Quote:
They will remember that you chose to give them to someone else instead of being there yourself.

Did you see the first smile? First rollover? First word? First steps? First solid food?

A woman I worked with put her son in daycare at 6 weeks. All of his firsts were in daycare. She missed EVERYTHING.

Sad sad sad that this doesn't seem to matter to women anymore. Every rationalization under the sun to give your babies to someone else. If your babies don't remember, than I guess any behavior is permissible?
I cannot fathom what kind of a parent you are. You are irrational, you extrapolate your assumptions on to people you don't even know. It's so arrogant. I don't understand how a person can be like this. Working moms come in all shapes and sizes. Just a stay at home moms come in all shapes and sizes.

Just because I know a stay at home mom who parked her kids in front of the TV, was a drunk, and in a bad marriage doesn't mean I think that of all stay at home moms. That would be insane to assume. And yet that is what you are doing. With that said, as an aside to highlight another kind of working mom, my kids will remember. Why- because I have been keeping journals for both of them since the day they were born and even before that. Not just taking their pictures and videos. It's far more than that. It's our relationship that I record. Every few weeks I chronicle their various funny quirks; their mannerisms, how they laugh. I tell them how much I adore them and why. I write about what they're doing, how they toddle, how they eat. My daughter is going to know that she hiccupped nonstop when I was pregnant with her, that she used to call snow milk. My other daughter will know that she called her Murph, Smurf, Moosey. They're going to know they had me read the same book for three weeks straight. Oodles of fun information a person can only have by being there and experiencing it with their kids. I journal it because I know it will be forgotten because so much happens so quickly. They are going to get their baby, toddler, preschool, and some elementary years, years none of us remember, chronicled when they are adults, as my gift to them. One of many gifts that represent my complete devotion to them. That's also a working mother for you.

So, I think your post above is really not about working moms or babies, but about some kind of personal or emotional payoff you get by trying to hurt others.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:12 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:

Well I saw their first smiles and their first steps. Both times. We were the ones who introduced solids, as that's our job to decide when that should be done. I find it highly unlikely that working parents "miss everything".

Old 04-06-2017, 03:22 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Congratulations! This is probably the most ridiculous and histrionic post I've seen recently throwing fuel on the Mommy Wars flames. You win a blue ribbon.

Signed:
A Stay At Home Mother
I have to spread it around, otherwise I would have commented there. Agreed!

Old 04-06-2017, 03:24 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
OK but the point is that it's all hard. Turning it into a competition isn't helping anyone. Can we not just respect everyone?
I do. I'm just stating my personal opinion based on my personal experience.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:24 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Exactly. Too many women think life-insurance will protect them financially. Well.....only if he dies.
And let me tell you, sometimes THEY JUST WON'T DIE.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:27 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And let me tell you, sometimes THEY JUST WON'T DIE.
You're on a roll today, Queen. You keep making me laugh!

Old 04-06-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:

I missed my oldest first steps. But I put a roof over his head, made sure he got to all his dr appts and vax. I put him to bed every night, rocked him, bathed him and gave him a bottle every night too. Read to him, fed him in the mornings, etc.

Please someone take away my mom medal because I dared to miss his first steps.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyqueen801 View Post
and let me tell you, sometimes they just won't die.
lmfao!!!!

:d:d:d:d:d

Old 04-06-2017, 03:31 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Here's something most mothers are very good at: guilt.

We question our choices of feeding our new baby. We question medical and health decisions we make for our children for 18 years and beyond. We question if it's our fault that our 1 year and 1 day old child is not walking like his 11 month and 30 day old friend. We question if it's our fault that our child is not sleeping through the night. We question why our 3 year-old is not yet potty trained when friend little Suzy was potty trained at 9 months. We question if imposing strict bed times stifles our children's freedoms. We question if letting them stay up past friend little Suzy's bedtime will turn them into serial killers. We question education choices we make. We question making them earn money vs. giving them an allowance. We question how much freedom to give them vs. how much discipline to impose.

And on and on and on it goes.

We question decisions we make in our own lives every single day, and that is knowing what is going on in our own family, knowing the family dynamic and structure, knowing the financial situation, knowing time commitments, knowing the extended family and community support we may or may not have.

I will never understand the desire of a few sanctimommies to exacerbate the guilt. I can only think it is deep-seated insecurity on their part. Why else would you choose to demean people who are only trying to do their best by their families? What sort of satisfaction can you possibly derive from the Mommy Wars? I will never, ever understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting