Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 08:39 PM

242 posts, read 184,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I think the OP's frustration and bafflement, based on the OP's description, was why he or she was catching aggressive body language from the parent who had lapsed in their supervision.
I get that...I'm just wondering if the "aggressive" body language was as a result of their child being stared at by a stranger. Honestly, most parents I know are hyper-aware of the possibility of pedophiles and/or kidnapper, regardless of whether their child is seen bouncing through a store or sitting demurely in a cart. You know how there are always new accounts of parents and children being followed around stores for the purposes of human trafficking. It's not a myth by any stretch. So someone staring at your kid in an unfriendly sort of way would probably get most parents' hackles up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 11:11 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
I once saw a clever mom park her toddler in front of the large, help-yourself candy bins, staying right next to him while she just had to have that chatty ten-minute cell phone conversation.

Little one stayed happily busy keeping his fists and mouth full while mom stared off into the distance with her back turned. She didn't even seem to notice that I was sitting there having a cup of coffee and giving them the "stare."

Old 04-11-2017, 01:02 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Story doesn't pass the sniff test for me.
Ditto.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:39 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Well now we were in a grocery store where a lil one I would say 5 was in there bouncing a ball and the mom told her to please put it back . She proceeded to tell this child another 4 times to please put it back and here comes dad rounding the corner and telling her again to put it back . I mean how many times must a child be told something in order for them to listen ? after 2 times I would have put it back and then my child would know what is going to come next . Then the 5 yr old starts climbing the shelves and the mom asks her to please get down . This woman had oatmeal for brains as well . I guess she finally had , had enough and told her if you don't stop we are going to go home and you will not be allowed to have a cookie because you were bad . Then she goes bawling to her dad and screaming in the store and telling her daddy mommy being mean . I wanted to give both these parents a brain transplant LOL . Yes people are getting stupider when raising kids .

Old 04-11-2017, 06:47 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Good god, just a bashing parents thread...hope you guys enjoy it from up there in your mighty tower.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:52 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Oh give me a break.

Another example of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Mind your own business, get your groceries and go on your merry way.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Come on now, you see the difference between dropping off a 2 year old in a closed pet store v. letting a 2 year old walk 20 feet away in a wide open area where you can see them, don't you?

And people always having been stupid like that? No, not many people are ever stupid enough to drop their 2 year old off in a closed pet store and then go shopping in a closed store in the dark. Letting your child walk away from you a bit isn't being stupid.
No, no.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. NO GRAY AREAS.

Burn those parents at the stake! BURNNNNNN

Old 04-11-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Have you ever rounded the aisle at the grocery to almost be run over? Want that to happen to your kid?

I always allowed my kids, when they were too big for the cart to walk by me. I would ask them to get the crackers, etc and put it in the cart. But, I could almost always grab them, if need be. It was all part of teaching them to follow instructions. In order to do that, one needed to be confident the kid would do as they were told.

I have been in Costco and seen mothers chatting while the kids were climbing all all over the shelves.. You can bet the rent money that if those kids were hurt, those oatmeal for brains moms would have been blaming Costco.

I have also alerted the cops and store manager when an infant and a 2 yo were left alone in a locked car. When the idiot dad came out, he yelled at the toddler for not taking care of the baby.

Kids are smarter than we think they are. And faster. If yours ever gets away from you I hope you find her quickly. It doesn't take but a minute for one to decide to go see the toys while your back is turned. Escalators can have them out of sight in a second.
If the kid gets hit with a cart, its not going to die.

#truestory

Old 04-11-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Good god, just a bashing parents thread...hope you guys enjoy it from up there in your mighty tower.
That's why I don't take these threads seriously.

Its more fun to be snarky.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:59 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
If the kid gets hit with a cart, its not going to die.

#truestory
LOL can you believe all these children have survived the dangers of walking in a grocery store?

And then the chances of them being lost forever because they get out of sight?

I cant believe my kids made it with all these dangers in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting