Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 06:09 PM

11 posts, read 8,698 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

A little background information about me so that you can provide better advice...
I am originally from Minnesota. Graduated with an engineering degree. Moved to Southern Louisiana. Looking for a change. I'm in my mid-twenties & single. Blonde & blue-eyed. Pretty social but not an all night party kind of person. Another small note about me, I would NEVER want to move to a San Francisco or Los Angeles kind of place. I believe that would be way too stressful, congested, smelly, & expensive. Also strewn with homeless people. Just sad & makes me nervous. I like to go home to a place that feels safe.

What I liked about Minnesota:
1. Lakes
2. Healthy
3. Outdoor activities
4. Hiking
5. Breweries
6. GREAT urban food (ex. a bed of kale mixed with wild rice & topped with glazed salmon = regular restaurant kind of dish)
7. Happy people

What I DIDN'T like about Minnesota:
1. Winters were bloody horrendous
2. Winters were roughly 8 months long
3. You couldn't be outside enjoying life in the death of winter
4. No sunshine for months in the winter = depressing

What I like about Southern Louisiana:
1. No winters
2. Drive thru daquiris
3. Low rent cost ($800/mon for a 2 bed 2 bath in the middle of town)

What I don't like about Southern Louisiana:
1. HUMIDITY IS AWFUL. I can't anymore.
2. Snakes
3. Fattening food
4. Nothing but fattening food
5. Small town - boring
6. People grow up here, go to high school here, & stay here - no one else allowed in our group kind of mentality
7. Not many college grad young professionals
8. Smoking allowed in bars
9. Too redneck for my taste
10. No one seems to care about hygiene
11. Crime

Alright guys... That takes care of my likes & dislikes. Tell me all about Sacramento!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 06:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,089,258 times
wrong forum

Old 04-13-2017, 06:57 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,858,351 times
if you could afford it, you'd like SF fine, but sacramento will definitely suit your tastes more than Louisiana (have familiarity with all 3 locales)...
you definitely should get outa Louisiana, per your preferences.
And yes you are in the wrong forum (this is parenting) but like any good parent - I willingly give advice, lol....

Old 04-14-2017, 01:30 AM

997 posts, read 2,446,385 times
Move to Colorado, or somewhere in the Midwest or Great Plains. You won't like Sacramento, it's more like San Francisco or Los Angeles, with some of the things you dislike about Southern Louisiana, and without some of the positives of San Francisco or Los Angeles.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:22 AM

16,061 posts, read 26,684,271 times
Ask the mods to move your thread this is the parenting forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting