U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 11:22 AM

146 posts, read 148,387 times

Advertisements

This is something that is quite disturbing and I don't know whether it makes me feel angry or sad..

My son (19) attends a computer coding class with an age range of kids usually from 12-17+...In there is an African boy, George (16) who my son knows very well as the 'weirdest guy in school'. Apparently he used to say weird things and disturbing comments that he was asked to leave for some suicidal/homicidal comments.

What my son found interesting was that he looked and acted completely different (straight teeth, neat hair, normal eye contact) So much so that my son no longer finds him repulsively weird and actually likes him. He gets along well, is doing better in academics and has high self esteem that prevents his suicidal thoughts.

Where it gets creepy is this....George apparently told my son that he has 'lovely parents' now. His mother fell out with his father after he got suspended and married the music teacher in my sons and George's former school...That wasn't too bad though a bit weird. What troubled me was when my son remarked how he is sometimes disciplined by his new lesbian mother (former teacher) who has a firm parenting method with 'sexual tones'. Apparently, George told my son not to tell me about the but he accidentally did.

I looked their former teacher online to see her again since I met her at a parent teacher meeting a while back before she left in 2013. She look different as well on Facebook. More serious. I tried messaging her about her new relationship but despite being nice, she was very reluctant to offer info. She seemed to completely skip questions I asked about the rumours.

Should I do anything
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 04:21 PM

11,496 posts, read 25,164,839 times
I don't think lesbians are sexually interested in boys. The boy might be exaggerating to seem cool to other kids, because teenage boys think lesbians are sexy. Or he may hate his stepmother and be spreading rumors to try to get rid of her and to harm her career as a teacher.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:03 PM

10,194 posts, read 8,970,343 times
Women do sexually abuse children, even lesbian women. If you believe this report I think all you can do is call social services and make a report. I cant see anything you can do besides that. But there are a million "perhaps" that can go with this.

Old 04-23-2017, 04:02 PM

619 posts, read 503,127 times
I always ask myself : what would you want someone to do if it was your child? I think that if a 16 yo is saying that something *weird* is going on and making him uncomfortable, then someone should step in to protect the child. I would call someone, maybe in the school, to alert them to the story.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:28 PM

9,360 posts, read 12,476,544 times
I read this post and it sounds like, to me, that the OP is the one uncomfortable with the situation. Possibly reading into relationships with a slanted edge?

To the OP - if you are actually concerned that something is legally wrong here, you absolutely must call CPS and report it. But, please be sure it is truly what you are hearing from the son, and not your interpretation.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:54 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,760,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croftylot24 View Post
This is something that is quite disturbing and I don't know whether it makes me feel angry or sad..

My son (19) attends a computer coding class with an age range of kids usually from 12-17+...In there is an African boy, George (16) who my son knows very well as the 'weirdest guy in school'. Apparently he used to say weird things and disturbing comments that he was asked to leave for some suicidal/homicidal comments.

What my son found interesting was that he looked and acted completely different (straight teeth, neat hair, normal eye contact) So much so that my son no longer finds him repulsively weird and actually likes him. He gets along well, is doing better in academics and has high self esteem that prevents his suicidal thoughts.

Where it gets creepy is this....George apparently told my son that he has 'lovely parents' now. His mother fell out with his father after he got suspended and married the music teacher in my sons and George's former school...That wasn't too bad though a bit weird. What troubled me was when my son remarked how he is sometimes disciplined by his new lesbian mother (former teacher) who has a firm parenting method with 'sexual tones'. Apparently, George told my son not to tell me about the but he accidentally did.

I looked their former teacher online to see her again since I met her at a parent teacher meeting a while back before she left in 2013. She look different as well on Facebook. More serious. I tried messaging her about her new relationship but despite being nice, she was very reluctant to offer info. She seemed to completely skip questions I asked about the rumours.

Should I do anything
Weird, someone is choosing not to answer questions about their personal life to a stranger on Facebook. My god what kind of world do we live in that some random person can't get gossip on something that has nothing to do with them.

Somebody has a problem here and it is not the teacher or the kids. Deal with your own son's issues, and leave the straight toothed African boy alone.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:40 AM

13,518 posts, read 18,171,493 times
George considers them "lovely parents".
George is 16 years old...older now.
You're only guessing what you think she might be doing.
I'd recommend...doing nothing.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:11 AM

2,176 posts, read 2,322,297 times
What exactly is "sexually spanking"??

Old 04-25-2017, 11:36 AM
Status: "Pray that Presdient Trump stays safe!" (set 2 days ago)

22,452 posts, read 18,813,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
What exactly is "sexually spanking"??
Erotic spanking, it turns them on to do that. I have no idea why. I think it is a "fetish". It appears these days that sexual quirks play too much importance in the lives of too many people and if it involves children or a non-consenting adult, problem!

I didn't really understand the post. If you have a stepmother spanking a 16 year old, there is a problem. I would at least call the school and talk with either a counselor or a school psychologist who could look for additional factors and/or advise on whether it seemed wise to make a report to CPS.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:41 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,343,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Erotic spanking, it turns them on to do that. I have no idea why. I think it is a "fetish". It appears these days that sexual quirks play too much importance in the lives of too many people and if it involves children or a non-consenting adult, problem!

I didn't really understand the post. If you have a stepmother spanking a 16 year old, there is a problem. I would at least call the school and talk with either a counselor or a school psychologist who could look for additional factors and/or advise on whether it seemed wise to make a report to CPS.
A fetish is an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression.

Now a KINK would explain the spanking and only 1 side has to enjoy it but usually both sides do. BOTH need to consent.

You dont have to understand why if you arent into BDSM.

---------------------
Maybe she does spank him. Maybe theres something sexual going on. Maybe you could mind your own business.... but who knows what will happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting