Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 02:25 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
This YouTuber put together a documentary on the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyJF_XF_FVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUjIJbvKym8
Wow, I could only watch 10 minutes of the first video. Very upsetting to see. I'm glad at least something was done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 02:26 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post

Just because their father exploited them first and worse, doesn't mean it should continue. That is why abducted children who are reunited are usually shielded from the public eye until they are mentally healthier.
These kids are not out of the woods yet. Their biological mother has only gained emergency custody. There will still be a custody battle.

The YouTubers who called attention to the abuse, are the very people responsible for collecting the video evidence to send to law enforcement. They used those videos to rally viewers and other YouTubers for help!

Those videos were the only thing that got the kids out of there. The mother only just gained emergency custody about a week ago. It literally just happened.

Everyone is still in a state of shock, so of course more commentary has been flying around YouTube. The YouTube community are continuing to provide updates on the legal proceedings, which also helps with donations. If someone runs across the story, why would they donate unless they see what happened? The videos serve a purpose that actually helps the kids.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:29 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I hope to god that CPS takes the other 3. What they are doing is serious abuse.

But something I see around are comments that "It isn't like what Jimmy Kimmel does"...I disagree. While the pranks he encourages are must less severe, making a child cry to amuse adults is abuse.

The whole thing makes me mad.
Like I ate all your Halloween candy? I thought that was funny. And sweet. No one let their child get too upset. They gave it up if the child got too upset. (at least the ones I saw).

And the ones that were all it's ok, Mommy just made my heart melt. I probably would have had a tantrum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting