Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 08:56 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times

Advertisements

Haha, my son wore a "scrunchie" in his hair when he was preschool-aged. He thought it was so cool. He's 16 now and my letting him wear a girly hair accessory did not turn him gay. Quite a bullet we dodged, I guess.

Quote:
Seeing drag queens reading stories will not turn a boy child guy any more than having a big burly lumberjack in a red flannel shirt read stories will turn a little girl Butch. I would prefer to have my child grow up to shrug his shoulders about drag queens instead of being one of the teens who take their classmates out to a field, tie them to a fence, and torture them to death becasue the classmate is gay. That choice of reaction has a lot to do with how the child was raised and how issues were discussed at home.
Excellent post. I think this should be posted over and over again. It's sickening how much hate people have in their hearts for someone who is different or who does not wear what is culturally accepted by a segment of society. Keep in mind that it was once socially unacceptable for women to wear pants, for men to have pierced ears, for women to have short hair, for men to have long hair, and so on. Why bother working yourself and your children into a tizzy over what people choose to wear? WHO CARES?

Old 05-18-2017, 09:47 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Draq Queens are ACTORS, (and clowns) FFS.

That being said, I could do WITHOUT the constant gender agenda.

And there's a certain irony to the featured one naming herself "Lil Miss Hot Mess" which, under different circumstances and political agenda would cause a social justice warrior outrage, protest parades and societal crisis.

And she certainly would be BANNED if they weren't trying to just take over control of your kids with this. So the hypocrisy is overlooked.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:56 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,585,020 times
We would totally go! I am all for exposing my child to different people and lifestyles and letting him decide what fits him as he gets older. I don't want him to think there is anything wrong with drag queens. I just want him to be his authentic self as he gets older and have a love for God and Jesus too. One is not mutually exclusive from the other as some on here seem to think.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:59 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Young children have a right to their innocence. Children of that age believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy, innocent fantasy characters. They're not ready to deal with women who aren't really women or other problems of the real-life and sordid world that adults must face each day.
Oh my. Its ok for kids to believe in unreal characters like a fat man in a red suit that travels in a sleigh pulled by magic reindeer, a giant rabbit that lays colored eggs and brings them candy and a winged fairy that gives them money for their teeth but real flamboyant men acting like women, reading to them steals their innocence.
At least drag queens are real and not made up lies we perpetuate and spoon feed our children.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:27 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
I would be more comfortable with a proper transgender person than a drag queen who is essentially a fetishist.

That is not a slam on drag queens; it is not the cross-dressing, per se, but that their schtick is sexualized and not necessarily child-appropriate, while the transgender is simply a person with gender identity issues.

That said, I would rather my child be read to by a drag queen than participate in a child beauty pageant.

Finally, I grew up in NYC and my parents had friends who lived in the Village and I would occasionally see drag queens and over-the-top cross dressers from the club scene. It didn't scar me by any means, but as a parent, I don't think I would be looking through the paper looking for an activity for my kids and say, "Oh, hey look, drag queens at the library! A perfect Saturday afternoon for my kindergartener!" And those who do are likely virtue signaling.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:00 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
NEW YORK (AP) — It takes a certain something to be a good storyteller: enthusiasm, timing and a flair for the dramatic. Performers at a children's story hour at a New York City library have all that and then some — they're drag queens.

Library has drag queens for story hour - Story | WNYW
sounds like fun. I bet bunch more moms stay than normally do..

Old 05-18-2017, 11:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
No one wants to watch the Bill Nye videos? Interesting.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:35 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Someone keeps posting that you can't catch "gay."

Yet the common and repeated psychobabble is that sexuality is merely a social construct, it's gender "fluid" and everyone can be anyone, hey there's a spectrum. So exposure to certain behaviors will make it more likely that a person will mimic and repeat those behaviors, especially if behaviors are introduced and rewarded/praised/celebrated. Since it's social, the ideology and acceptance of ideology is passed along and then accepted and then REPEATED in social groups. Especially if the audience is impressionable and without any critical thinking skills (children).

One the other hand, the claim is that homosexuality is completely/absolutely hard-wired into DNA at birth, there is no choice at all involved, you can't turn someone gay ever. Which means that the social construct and gender fluidity argument is nonsense and has no validity.

If you watch the Bill Nye videos, is is perfectly OK to bully a heterosexual person into engaging into an orgy, through the use of a "cute" cartoon of ice cream cones, or just "give someone a handy" or engage in "butt stuff," because well, "evolution" (sex junk video). And I am not making any of those up, watch the videos and see for yourself.

So which is it? Hard wired? Social construct/fluidity? I've found that these completely opposing viewpoints are often used together by people who have no idea what they are talking about. And this is why introducing this to CHILDREN is an agenda. Why aren't the drag queens in an adult home reading to shut ins who have no visitors? Hmmm.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:40 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
It's funny how many people have made it in to either the greatest thing ever or the fall of mankind. It's neither. As long as they are advertising it as what it is, everyone can make a choice for themselves whether it's appropriate for their family or not.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:54 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I would be more comfortable with a proper transgender person than a drag queen who is essentially a fetishist.

Quote:
That is not a slam on drag queens;
Not MUCH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting