Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 06:28 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,319,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
I saw a family with a young boy letting him pee in the sand at the beach and that grossed me right out. I mean, when they go home someone else will show up and not know there's pee in that spot. Sorry, gross.

And I saw a family with a little girl in a dress and tights who had to pee and they went to the edge of the curb, pulled her tights and underpants down and grabbed them and her behind the knees and lifted her over the street to pee. She was tiny enough to have been in a diaper or training pants.
Peeing in the sand is disgusting. Why not just pee in the ocean? Gross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 06:29 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,721,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Peeing in the sand is disgusting. Why not just pee in the ocean? Gross.
That was my first thought!

Old 08-15-2017, 07:52 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,173,938 times
Meh. I have two girls and they've had to pee in public before. My oldest simply can not hold it even 2 minutes when she has to go. She's 7 now and it's still a problem.

Our local park closes the bathrooms for the season in August. AUGUST!! We play on the equipment all year. They've peed in the bushes countless times.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:25 AM

18,123 posts, read 25,262,858 times
If it makes you feel any better,
I had an issue with my neighbor across the street because I saw him peeing against his side fence on a Sunday afternoon where anybody could see him from the street.

A kid peeing? who cares

Old 08-15-2017, 08:29 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,581,696 times
If it's a small child when they've got to go they ha e to go. Especially if the child was potty training and he probably knew that even if he could wrangle all 3 plus luggage by the time they got to the bathroom it would be too late. A grown man or older child doing this? Absolutely not. But my son is 7 and if we are in a park without a bathroom we have him go behind a tree. We aren't going to go home just to pee in that kind of scenario.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:29 AM

I wouldn't care if the adult neighbor peed in his own yard. My dog pees all over my yard, so how could I really complain?

Old 08-15-2017, 09:51 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,746,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I've actullly heard other people say it's easy to let boys pee in public places if it's urgent. I never, ever, not once let my boys pee in a public place. They either held it or I took them to the restroom. In a real pinch they peed in a disposable cup in the car and I threw it away in the proper place.

I even have known people who let their boys pee in their back yards. Ewwww.

Today I was in a line in an outdoor area that was all cement. The line was about 20 minutes long followed by a 5 minute bus ride.

I did feel for this dad. He had his hands full with 3 young boys. One said "daddy I have to pee". He didn't get out of line. He didn't ask the kid to hold it. He ushered the boy to pee on a stone wall next to the line.

I was so grossed out. It's gonna get stinky and people will have to stand next to it. I was somewhat horrified.

But I wonder if I am too uptight? I would have gotten out of line and walked back in the building to take him to the potty if I didn't think he could hold it. I mean, it wouldn't be convenient..but would have only added 10-15 minutes to their journey.

Am I overly grossed out? Is it normal?
We live on a wooded lot. I have pee contests with my older son. I win almost every time.

In public I've let him go behind a dumpster or bushes a few times when circumstances dictated.

Peeing outdoors is the male's birthright.

My daughter even squats in the woods. Was the wife's idea to teach her to do that, believe it or not.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:29 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,757,770 times
It is partly cultural. We used to have lots and lots of parents sending their kids up nto our front yard to pee on the house behind the bushes. It smelled bad. Sometimes I would yell at them, but a week later they would be back pointing their kid toward our bushes. Finally I just added sprinklers behind the bushes. Send the kid to pee when I am home and I will hit the switch and make the house pee back on them. Eventually it stopped, or at least enough so so we did nto see them and the smell went away.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:46 AM

18,123 posts, read 25,262,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I wouldn't care if the adult neighbor peed in his own yard. My dog pees all over my yard, so how could I really complain?
I never thought I would have to explain this....

Let's see where to start,
dogs are animals that don't wear clothes
they don't have to "pull it out" to pee

Hopefully, expecting my neighbor to be smarter than a dog .... is not asking for too much.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:03 AM

I am not worried about what someone else does on their own property. I once had a neighbor who sunbathed topless and that did not bother me either. She was in her own backyard and on the side of her yard away from my yard. I could look over and see her, but I just didn't bother looking. If she instead decided to pee on that side of her yard, who cares? LOL We're also surrounded by woods, so I assume anyone urinating in their yard would be closer to the woods and not closer to my property line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting