Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 12:09 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
My husband and I talk all the time about how glad we are that we have sons and not daughters. We cringe when we see the girls today and what they are wearing. A popular brand for young girls right now is "Justice"... ever looked at clothing for girls these days? Off the shoulder tops, spaghetti strapped "cami" tops, lacy tops that look like what used to be referred to as lingerie, strapless tops, tube tops, halter tops, bikini's, "shorty short skirts and tighty tight shorts" as my 14-year old son calls them. Everything is tight, fitted, and bra straps and underwear shows.

And then mothers get all upset because their daughters get "oogled" or stared at or whatever.

Hmmm...

There are ways of dressing daughters that are much more modest and attract less attention, but unfortunately it's just not trendy or popular to dress that way. When parents finally decide that they don't want their daughters dressing like trashy pop stars and prostitutes, perhaps boys and men will have an easier time of not getting distracted. I know my son often complains of the way girls dress. When he sits behind them he's afraid to look forward at times because their butts are hanging out of their jeans or their bra or underwear is showing.

Bull****. It is not the girls' fault.
As a teen, I was followed, stared at, and approached by men routinely on my way home from school.
I went to a catholic school, and wore a uniform.

I too have a son and not a daughter.
That doesn't mean that I blame girls for men and boys' inappropriate behavior.
Males in general are reprobates and pervs, and many will harass females no matter what they wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 01:46 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,233,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Bull****. It is not the girls' fault.
As a teen, I was followed, stared at, and approached by men routinely on my way home from school.
I went to a catholic school, and wore a uniform.

I too have a son and not a daughter.
That doesn't mean that I blame girls for men and boys' inappropriate behavior.
Males in general are reprobates and pervs, and many will harass females no matter what they wear.
Well I learned a new word today and I like it
rep·ro·bate (rpr-bt)n.1. A morally unprincipled person.
2. One who is predestined to damnation.

adj.1. Morally unprincipled; shameless.
2. Rejected by God and without hope of salvation.

And so why should a girl dress down. What does that say to the girl. Dress down - be ashamed of your self and so on.

To me girls should be proud of themselves. A wonderful creation. Dress up. Tease the guys too.

Yes guys like well dressed girls, they get turned on too....
and yes they can and should control themselves.
But any perceived lack of self control on the part of guys should not be a reason for girls to dress down.

Take this to the extreme and we will have the women dressing in burqas.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:26 AM

467 posts, read 983,781 times
Its in the male's nature (of any species) to think of procreation. Some are just better at self-control than others. I don't know what the ladies want to hear, but its never going to stop, anymore than ladies will stop worrying about how they look when they already look good.

Its human nature and how we all are as creatures of nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting