Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:03 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
ASHLAND, Ky. (WSAZ) -- A mother says the straws she bought for her three-year-old daughter were shaped like a male sex organ.

Questionable Straw Shape Upsets Mother
Maybe the straws were shaped like her husband's male sex organ; which in case, she has herself to blame for choosing him. The rest of us shouldn't be made to suffer.

I looked at the picture and I can honestly say that I've seen straws like this many times and not once have I ever, ever even remotely thought of them being shaped like any sex organs. I think that she women belongs in the same group as those that find fault with Barney, Big Bird, the "Little Mermaid" movie case, and "The Lion King" when Simba's father jumps off the cliff or whatever, and supposedly there's a subliminal message about sex in the "cloud". These are the same people that believe that everything is out to get them, that Satan is always after them, and that we're all going to h*ll unless we repent and are saved. I've been a Christian my whole life, but these people take the cake. I hope that they all move to an island where they can terrorize one another with their "findings" and leave everyone else alone. My God, there are pressing problems that need solutions and her problem is a straw???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 12:05 PM

932 posts, read 1,273,444 times
I wish my biggest problem was the shape of a straw.

I could handle that. lol

Old 03-18-2008, 12:07 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,927,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
My God, there are pressing problems that need solutions and her problem is a straw???

Exactly-like where Brad and Angelina are going to have this new baby?? JUST KIDDING!!

Old 03-18-2008, 12:51 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
Exactly-like where Brad and Angelina are going to have this new baby?? JUST KIDDING!!

LOL! True. So are they having a new baby? "Enquiring minds want to know - LOL!

Old 03-18-2008, 12:53 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,927,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
LOL! True. So are they having a new baby? "Enquiring minds want to know - LOL!
Yes, and all of the kids are getting Walmart straws to celebrate with.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:10 PM

444 posts, read 1,049,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiewrites View Post
oh please. its a STRAW for crying out loud!

I have bought my kids packages of straws like that, and while my hubby may make the occasional off color remark- the kids don't think anything of it.

The big question is- why did she purchase it? They come in clear bags. You can see the color AND the shape. If so offensive, why spend your $1.29 on it?

You are right! They always come in clear plastic bags. If she didn't like the shape why would she have even bothered. Some people need to grow up. It is only a straw. I also don't think the little kid who is using it will even think that.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:39 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,883 times
Are you kidding me? Too much....

Old 03-18-2008, 11:27 PM

1,244 posts, read 3,225,356 times
Okay... so I followed the link and waited for the image to load. Quite honestly, had I not known what this thread was pointing out or what the article was about I would not have thought of a male sexual organ when I looked at that straw... Maybe I need to get my eyes checked or something... It sort of looked like a bell of some sort to me.

I agree with what someone else said that some of these parents just seek attention however they can find it and if they can find a way to scream wrongdoing they will do so at any cost. Personally I think this is ridiculous, kinda like some of the craziest and dumbest lawsuits that you hear are filed and some actually won. Sheesh.

Mari

Old 03-19-2008, 12:01 AM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,942 times
She's upset over her own dirty mind? What nerve..

Old 03-19-2008, 02:11 AM

1,354 posts, read 6,377,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiewrites View Post
I wish my biggest problem was the shape of a straw.

I could handle that. lol
LOL I totally agree!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting