Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 08:50 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
I better not play "I've Got Your Nose!" anymore with my little nephew, it may lead to the end of the world! Jeez louise.
Does it make him cry hysterically? If so, then yes, please stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 10:17 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
might be hyperbole to you, but pranking a "child" to hurt them or make them cry and laughing at it, is not hyperbole, it is a very thoughtless and cruel and for what, just to film a video and get it on TV...

Also, to the parents whose children flipped them the bird b/c they were told, mom had eaten all they’re candy, shows exactly what kind of parenting skills they are being subjected to…or should I say, lack of parenting skills.

If you do it to them, they will do it, in school to other kids, thinking that it's ok to do so....and that is why so many kids today are being bullied in school. It’s b/c of the parents….they are learning this from the parents, hearing the parents talking, swearing, and acting out in a way that exhibits no control over their emotions.
Some parents just shouldn't be parents....period.

and, I might add, putting all forums into one neat little category to fit your agenda, is not only a deterrent on your part….

we can agree to disagree, but generalizing about all forums is generalizing about all people who are indifferent to your opinion

But I will say this, the way that some people, (not nearly all) write in forms these days, proves how immature and uncaring they really are….is it any wonder kids become malicious little terrors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s872j3JvtOQ

and I bet if someone reported Jimmy Falon to Child Welfare, he'd be corrected but quick...
LMAO I like how you take more offense to me generalizing about forums than you do people generalizing about parents' love for their children because of a prank. And now you're saying I, and others, shouldn't even have kids? And equate a prank with bullying??? Okey dokey.

Priceless.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:15 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LMAO I like how you take more offense to me generalizing about forums than you do people generalizing about parents' love for their children because of a prank. And now you're saying I, and others, shouldn't even have kids? And equate a prank with bullying??? Okey dokey.

Priceless.
and I like how you take words out and insert your own meanings to them to push your side....you can't just allow people their own opinion, you have to resort to generalizing, as if we all fit into one neat little box...of course I will as that was your reply....how did you put it? "forums are the Olympics of hyperbole"? so if you feel that way, then why even bother?

and yes, I will always equate making a child cry as child abuse....b/c an adult thinks it's funny when they tell them they ate all their candy....yeah, oh yeah, I most certainly will....

and Margritte25, please note: I take no offense to you what-so-ever....honest....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting