Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 10:22 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Can we be sure of that statement...I don't think so. I'm on HypoT meds, bodywide arthritis and no diabetes and plenty of fluoride in my body....and it's built up over many years of my life. Foods are all produced in fluoridated waters, be they natural or added from the bags of the stuff....and OFTEN we get both in everything. So no way can anyone know HOW MUCH fluorides are in their bodies, unless they go for testings and I never did that and don't know if one can...but why even bother.

Even a friend from San Diego was devastated as she had a wonderful organic garden going and S.D. went along with the rest of Ca fluoridated S.D. waters. Her garden was no longer very organic.
Grew up with homegrown garden veggies using the same well water. Visited friends and family. Well water.

You have an axe to grind. It’s okay. But, your axe doesn’t make you right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 08:29 AM

6,457 posts, read 7,789,115 times
Both my wife and I drank tap water in NYC and got all our vaccinations. She is a doctor, I am a manager in analytics for a world renown org in Boston with 2 teams reporting to me and also teach analytics part time at an Ivy league university. This is definiteve proof that fluoride is fantastic and beneficial and vaccinations improve the mind. So I conclude that it is best to add fluoride to your water and food and get vaccinated 3 times.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:34 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,691,854 times
Fluoride = industrial waste. No benefit at all and dangerous.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:35 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,691,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Both my wife and I drank tap water in NYC and got all our vaccinations. She is a doctor, I am a manager in analytics for a world renown org in Boston with 2 teams reporting to me and also teach analytics part time at an Ivy league university. This is definiteve proof that fluoride is fantastic and beneficial and vaccinations improve the mind. So I conclude that it is best to add fluoride to your water and food and get vaccinated 3 times.
You're joking right?

Old 11-22-2017, 10:02 AM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Thanks to our modern media MORE people know this, but for decades we did NOT know this toxin was being added to our waters. Still so many buy into this scam. Corporations making mega profits from their waste materials.
I've known since I was a kid in the 60's that fluoride is added to water in some places. When I was an infant, we lived in places with very high natural fluoride. As a result, my teeth have always been discolored, and very hard. I now have to do daily fluoride treatments to offset the effects of radiation treatments I had for cancer. I doubt there are many real side effects.

Quote:
Well, my grandkids were born 21 yrs ago and that's when the PUSH for all the vaccines went huge. I was in shock but could not get thru to my daughter, she and the dad did all the many vaccines pushed. Her 21 yr old who is very health oriented and talks about alternative medicine for everything is forever dealing with issues like lots of mucus etc. Could be all the vaccines affected her immune system.

I'm 79 and had the necessary smallpox to get into 1st grade and am NEVER sick. And I do buy into the alt world of medicine. Our govt is not always our health friend...govt is very involved in the fluoride crap. The history is dark and deep.
Lucky you. If my Dad was still alive (he died at 86), he could tell you about the kids he knew as a child that died from vaccine preventable diseases like whooping cough, diphtheria, etc.

Quote:
Working in a private school years ago the two families who did NOT do all the vaccines had the healthiest children. ummmmm
Whatever. My 15 year old has had all of the vaccinations, and is healthy as heck. Very few colds, no flu, etc.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:09 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
You're joking right?
Did you really have to ask?

Old 11-22-2017, 10:16 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Lucky you. If my Dad was still alive (he died at 86), he could tell you about the kids he knew as a child that died from vaccine preventable diseases like whooping cough, diphtheria, etc.
My dad (born in 1924 and still alive) almost died of diphtheria as a small child. His aunt died in the influenza epidemic of 1918. One of my friends is alive, but in a wheelchair from paralysis due to polio. All preventable.

I don't believe for a second that vaccines harm the immune system. My kids are fully vaccinated. They're never sick. Ages 18, 15, and 13, and we've had exactly one round of antibiotics for one kid due to an ear infection at 16 months. Since we're former homeschoolers, we knew lots of unvaxed kids, and I can tell you all kinds of stories about their recurring ear infections, frequent colds, asthma, eczema, etc. etc.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:19 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,397,471 times
I grew up my whole life on flouridated water and so I was used to people having good teeth. Occasional small cavities here and there weren't unheard of, but for the most part everyone around me, rich and poor, had good teeth. I recently moved to a region of the country where everyone has well water, and it's as if I've moved to England. Everyone has terrible teeth. Some have a mouth just full of fillings, and others have teeth that look nearly clear, as though they never fully developed.

It's really surprising to see and also disappointing because I don't want my kids to have bad teeth. I make sure they brush with flouride twice per day, but that's not really enough apparently. I asked the local dentist about it and since she makes her Porsche payments from bad teeth, she said "flouride is bad for you". When I mentioned to a previous dentist that we'll be moving to a no-flouride area he made it sound like the biggest emergency in the world and said that we need to get the kids on supplements ASAP.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:25 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Can we be sure of that statement...I don't think so. I'm on HypoT meds, bodywide arthritis and no diabetes and plenty of fluoride in my body....and it's built up over many years of my life. Foods are all produced in fluoridated waters, be they natural or added from the bags of the stuff....and OFTEN we get both in everything. So no way can anyone know HOW MUCH fluorides are in their bodies, unless they go for testings and I never did that and don't know if one can...but why even bother.

Even a friend from San Diego was devastated as she had a wonderful organic garden going and S.D. went along with the rest of Ca fluoridated S.D. waters. Her garden was no longer very organic.
You're 80!

Old 11-22-2017, 10:33 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Fluoride = industrial waste. No benefit at all and dangerous.
Honestly?

What is Fluoride, Dental Fluoride | Colgate® Oral Care

Quote:
What is Fluoride?
Fluoride is a natural mineral found throughout the earth's crust and widely distributed in nature. Some foods and water supplies contain fluoride.

Fluoride is often added to drinking water to help reduce tooth decay. In the 1930s, researchers found that people who grew up drinking naturally fluoridated water had up to two-thirds fewer cavities than people living in areas without fluoridated water. Studies since then have repeatedly shown that when fluoride is added to a community's water supply, tooth decay decreases. The American Dental Association, the World Health Organization and the American Medical Association, among many other organizations, have endorsed the use of fluoride in water supplies because of its effect on tooth decay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting