Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 07:50 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Remember just one thing, #1 and #2 are your kids and family . Everyone can kick a can.

You Need to file a restraining order, and press charges. You may have to pay for an attorney, but so does her parents. Do not care about the other party, screw them! Remember , your son had to go to the hospital.

Unless your son was on a teasing campaign, because she asked him out, then he did not deserve to be in this mess. Hopefully the teens at your son's school have matured already where teasing is not funny anymore. This is the problem with high school, these pre adults don't know how to act right. They are still learning.

Just saying, a possible big picture scenario... A girl asks a guy out, he says no, but a hell's no with a chuckle, "not with you!" But she has a crush, and the boy has told some friends, and teens are trash talking and teasing like the jerks they are. Now the girl is very hurt, unstable, and ready to snap.

Who knows if this boy and his pal we're cracking jokes? Or if they were in fact being jerks during school time?

So ,poor brave girl, confident enough to ask a guy out, is now the joke of the party, all day in school. She is so confident, she would try to beat up the reason for her misery.

You were not there, and her parents either. Your son's friend is not going to say the truth, only the truth that you want to hear.

You need to know your son, and still, won't know him too well. He is at an age where he know he can't say all the truth, because of the discipline.

Just think about it, a confident young lady, to approach 2 teen boys, by herself? There has gotta be something else happening. Unless she is a hardened street person, would this be a normal thing?

Switch the sexes.

Still going to defend this criminal, psychotic behavior?

As a mom of boys, its this type of attitude that makes me loath their upcoming relationships with women.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:58 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times
As a mom to a boy, I also fear for him when he's old enough to date girls. I think it's harder for a boy to go to the police station and say he was assaulted by a girl.

I also think a girl who chases a guy relentlessly to be her boyfriend isn't showing "confidence" at all. She's showing aggression and narcissism.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:41 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,381 times
Mace is a different substance than pepper spray.

I find it hard to believe that your son didn't have any kind of previous relationship with her. Although there would still be an assault, it would make a lot more sense.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:44 AM

I find it interesting that several posters are trying to find a way to blame the victim. I believe this is because the aggressor is female and the victim is male. Some females are just as BSC as their crazy male counterparts. Believe it.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:14 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
okay first off yes assault and why did you wait to call the police ? You should have called the police from the hospital or asked the dr to call the police . also be prepared for the physco girls parents to blame you all and go off on you all and to continue with the harassment . May I also add that you should put up cameras at all entrances in your yard and house as well . This behavior came from somewhere . Get yourself a mean nasty dog as well . I'm sorry you all are going through this press charges indeed and don't let anyone talk you or your son out of it , whoever said this girl had a prior relationship with your son , not neccesarily not all stalkers are known to their victims . Stalkers fixate on a person and sometimes it does not end well . I hope that all this ends soon for your family . This girl is only going to get worse and I do know that for a fact .

Old 12-06-2017, 05:47 AM

2,671 posts, read 2,232,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerlily68 View Post
I am furious right now! For some background: Three weeks ago a girl at my son's school took a liking to him and asked to go out but he declined, wasn't interested in her. She didn't like that and started stalking him, leaving unwanted notes, managed to find out where he lives and started leaving "gifts" on our doorstep. He told her again he wasn't interested but she kept pursuing so I finally talked to the school and they said they would handle it; apparently not.

Earlier today my son along with his friend was walking back from school when she approached them. My son told her to leave him alone yet again and she used some colorful language and as he walked past her she took out a can of mace and maced him in the face! It didn't stop there though, my son tried to get away but she continued to mace him and then knocked him down and started scratching his face! My son just started swinging and punched her hard in the face, at which point according to both my son and his friend she cussed at him, started crying and ran away. My sons friend managed to call me and I left work, picked him up and took him immediately to the hospital. Both to see how bad it was and also for documentation. She really managed to do some damage. Needless to say I plan to press charges against this psycho girl. But I can only imagine the parent(s) of the girl will try to as well. While I am certainly against men hitting women (or anyone hitting anyone for that matter), I think under these circumstances (continually being maced unprovoked, while scratching) my son was well within his right to hit her to get her to stop.

What are your thoughts? They are both 16 in case anyone was wondering.

I think she's going to accuse him of sexual assault, say that she fought him off, he punched her and then she had to mace him.

It's a good thing he had a friend with him. He'll need the testimony.

Lawyer up.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:52 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,876,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about. 'Mace' is a brand of pepper spray. Mace.com

The original version of Mace contained only the chemical agent CN. This original CN only formula is no longer available, not because it is illegal (which it isn't), but because the more effective agents CS and OC (oleoresin capsicum) are more popular and the less effective formula was discontinued. One current version of Mace contains both CN and OC.

The problem with CN and its counterpart CS is that they do not affect all people equally. I have been exposed to the stronger CS and for me it is but a minor annoyance. OC, on the other hand, is practically guaranteed to work on just about everyone, including me (yes, I have experienced the effects of OC).

Putting your google-glasses on for a couple of minutes might have helped to save you from doubling down on a foolishly wrong assertion.

On-Topic- 'equal rights' should mean equal treatment in *all* cases, no pass for being a 'girl' who assaults someone...if the story is true.
That's funny, I always heard Mace was illegal too. I also heard Mace didn't affect the person who sprays as much and it goes a lot further. So I always wondered if that was true why cops didn't still get to carry it. On cop shows you see that if the cops pepper spray someone they often are greatly affected too.

Your explanation makes more sense.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:33 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
As a mom to a boy, I also fear for him when he's old enough to date girls. I think it's harder for a boy to go to the police station and say he was assaulted by a girl.

I also think a girl who chases a guy relentlessly to be her boyfriend isn't showing "confidence" at all. She's showing aggression and narcissism.

I echo the sentiment of the moms who have boys about dating. I am very concerned with that in the future.

I wonder if dating will cease to exist. Could you imagine two teens together and the girl starts making accusations? Our sons would be tried and convicted 4 minutes after she started making up stories no matter how crazy she is or how much she lies.

I may have a double date only policy. So very very sad, but unfortunately may be necessary when the time comes to protect him.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I echo the sentiment of the moms who have boys about dating. I am very concerned with that in the future.

I wonder if dating will cease to exist. Could you imagine two teens together and the girl starts making accusations? Our sons would be tried and convicted 4 minutes after she started making up stories no matter how crazy she is or how much she lies.

I may have a double date only policy. So very very sad, but unfortunately may be necessary when the time comes to protect him.
We may have to go back to the days of chaperoning dates. Not for the girls' protection, but for boys.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:46 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
We may have to go back to the days of chaperoning dates. Not for the girls' protection, but for boys.
Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting