Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 04:08 PM

10,451 posts, read 4,035,751 times

Advertisements

Hey, my friend's 11 year old girl is completely out of control, and the mother doesn't know what to do. The girl is cussing out and out right physically punching and pulling the hair out of her older sister, classmates, teachers, grandparents, aunts and cousins. She has no friends because she is just so mean, and now her mother has gotten a written letter telling her she must come to a parent/teacher conference, due to the fact that her daughter may be expelled because she is becoming such a liability to the teachers and other kids. The mother is a bit on the poor side, so she can't exactly hire private tutoring or some psychiatrist, and the daughter is already on ADD drugs as it is. What else can be done to get this child under control before she becomes big enough to be a real danger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 04:57 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,068,325 times
Change her diet to gluten free and eliminate dairy and all artificial dyes.

I am completely serious.

If it works the mother will see a change within a week.

I have seen this work first hand.

https://bodyecology.com/articles/ina...en-sensitivity

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 12-19-2017 at 05:37 PM..

Old 12-19-2017, 05:44 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,663,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Hey, my friend's 11 year old girl is completely out of control, and the mother doesn't know what to do. The girl is cussing out and out right physically punching and pulling the hair out of her older sister, classmates, teachers, grandparents, aunts and cousins. She has no friends because she is just so mean, and now her mother has gotten a written letter telling her she must come to a parent/teacher conference, due to the fact that her daughter may be expelled because she is becoming such a liability to the teachers and other kids. The mother is a bit on the poor side, so she can't exactly hire private tutoring or some psychiatrist, and the daughter is already on ADD drugs as it is. What else can be done to get this child under control before she becomes big enough to be a real danger?
This child needs professional help, start with the pediatrician and ask for a referral to a child therapist. Maybe the school nurse/guidance counselor can be a good starting point. If the family is low income they should qualify for low or no cost treatment.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:22 PM

10,451 posts, read 4,035,751 times
Thank you all. I'll pass on the good advice.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:52 PM

242 posts, read 184,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Change her diet to gluten free and eliminate dairy and all artificial dyes.

I am completely serious.

If it works the mother will see a change within a week.

I have seen this work first hand.

https://bodyecology.com/articles/ina...en-sensitivity

Yep. Also, I'm not saying meds are always a bad idea, but sometimes kids are put on the wrong things which can totally mess them up behaviorally. In any case, it doesn't sound like what she's on is currently a good fit. I would think you would need to go through a psychiatrist to get those meds though, so she should have one...

Old 12-19-2017, 09:31 PM

426 posts, read 362,772 times
How long has the girl been acting like this?

If it's less than a month, it's not a big deal.

Some people go through the "I'm tougher than everyone else" phase. She's just being a bit over the top about it.

The mom might not want to hear this, but it'd probably be good if someone at school hits her back and hurts her. She'll drop the whole invincibility act once she gets hurt and the phase will end faster.

As long as she isn't making friends out of it though, it will end soon enough.

If it's more than a month, then my guess is she's been hurt by family/friends many times before, so she is using being overly mean as a defense mechanism towards being hurt again.

If she's overly mean, she ensures she never makes friends and so can't be hurt anymore.

If it's that, her parents need to build an actual relationship with her. Don't park her in front of the TV or let her sit on her phone all day. That's not raising a kid.

It would help if you tell us what her interests are. (or what they were before this phase started)

Old 12-19-2017, 09:32 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,522,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Thank you all. I'll pass on the good advice.
Motto!

Old 12-19-2017, 09:41 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,777,868 times
It's a big deal. Make an appointment with the kid's pediatrician, and get a referral to a pediatric psychiatrist, pronto. Either this kid has an inherent mood disorder, or she's filled with rage because of something bad going on in her life. Sounds like she's headed to a behaviorally disordered setting.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:45 PM

426 posts, read 362,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
It's a big deal. Make an appointment with the kid's pediatrician, and get a referral to a pediatric psychiatrist, pronto. Either this kid has an inherent mood disorder, or she's filled with rage because of something bad going on in her life. Sounds like she's headed to a behaviorally disordered setting.

Why wouldn't they just pick a youth psychologist right away?

Asking for a referral is pointless if the situation is urgent.

If the situation is not urgent, don't waste a psychologist's time.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:40 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,553,712 times
Is there a male figure in her life? I suppose grandparents could include a grandpa. I don't know. You always hear about boys needing a father figure, but girls need them too. This would include even if this girl wasn't acting out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting