Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 02:35 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i'm curious how much you think he made on this video. you make it sound like he is now rolling in dough or that he sold it so that he can quit his job and live off of whatever they paid him for this 2 minute video.

they can't have paid him that much for this video, not enough so that it really matters. i'm curious why you keep bringing up that it was only 2 minutes. why would someone record for 8 full hours? i think watching 2 minutes of a screaming kid is quite enough to understand the frustration of that flight. why would they put up a video of more screaming than that? of course it is edited. who is going to watch more than 2 minutes of a screaming kid just so they can see that this kid screamed for the majority of the 8 hour flight? why would this person lie? back to the money he was paid, i'm sure he didn't get all that much. i don't get why you are so angry about the fact that this video is out there and that it was only a snippet and that the dude got a little money out of it.
Seriously.

The original video is 5 minutes long, and at the end you can hear passengers commiserating and another man on the jetway say, "8 hours of screaming."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 04:43 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i'm curious how much you think he made on this video. you make it sound like he is now rolling in dough or that he sold it so that he can quit his job and live off of whatever they paid him for this 2 minute video.

they can't have paid him that much for this video, not enough so that it really matters. i'm curious why you keep bringing up that it was only 2 minutes. why would someone record for 8 full hours? i think watching 2 minutes of a screaming kid is quite enough to understand the frustration of that flight. why would they put up a video of more screaming than that? of course it is edited. who is going to watch more than 2 minutes of a screaming kid just so they can see that this kid screamed for the majority of the 8 hour flight? why would this person lie? back to the money he was paid, i'm sure he didn't get all that much. i don't get why you are so angry about the fact that this video is out there and that it was only a snippet and that the dude got a little money out of it.
Why would he lie? To make money. There is no story in a kid screamed for a couple minutes on an airplane. Other then the jerk who recorded other people's misfortunes (not his...the child and the mother).

Angry? I think its stupid...and I think people talking about abusing this child is disturbing. And the absolute lack of logic and reasoning in this thread is silly.

Guy saw a way to make money. 2-bit "news" ran with it on a slow news day.

There is your story.

Now lets stop talking about physically and psychologically abusing children...please?

Old 02-21-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Seriously.

The original video is 5 minutes long, and at the end you can hear passengers commiserating and another man on the jetway say, "8 hours of screaming."
At the end you hear 2 people...seems likely its the person recording and their travel companion.

Old 02-21-2018, 04:59 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
At the end you hear 2 people...seems likely its the person recording and their travel companion.
Maybe. Maybe not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 02-21-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Maybe. Maybe not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ok maybe or maybe not.

But maybe or maybe not the kid only screamed from time to time

Maybe the parents were really working hard to sort it out

Maybe the person recording was a huge dut.

Perhaps there is no story besides a greedy and selfish man selling a few minutes of video?

The maybes are too much

But so many people here want this child physically abused...or tortured...beaten...otherwise abused.

So maybe maybe maybe

But some of the posters are sick people...and some are just grumpy and special snow flakes.

I cant imagine seeing a person struggling greatly in public without having a heart for them. At the least minding my own business...and worst asking if I can help. Anyone else is a jerk.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:52 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
Now lets stop talking about physically and psychologically abusing children...please?
i have not once in my life talked about physically or psychologically abusing anyone, children or adult. thanks

Old 02-22-2018, 12:58 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
Ok maybe or maybe not.

Perhaps there is no story besides a greedy and selfish man selling a few minutes of video?

The maybes are too much

But so many people here want this child physically abused...or tortured...beaten...otherwise abused.

So maybe maybe maybe

But some of the posters are sick people...and some are just grumpy and special snow flakes.

I cant imagine seeing a person struggling greatly in public without having a heart for them. At the least minding my own business...and worst asking if I can help. Anyone else is a jerk.
i'm curious why, if this is such a non-story to you, that you keep coming back again and again to post in this thread. why not just scroll along and let it go? i mean, if this is such a boring story to you...

and i am not seeing where you are seeing that "so many people here" want this child physically abused or tortured or beaten or otherwise abused. i don't think anyone is actually advocating for torturing this kid. i think you are being dramatic. let it go highflying. let it go.

again, i would bet that this man who sold the story did not get that much money. i'm also curious why you keep bringing that up. he can't have made a lot of money on this. enough to have a good meal out on the town? and so what if he made money. so what?

Old 02-22-2018, 01:55 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Good point - HIPAA laws would preclude that being shared by Airline Crew. Oh Well, better earplugs and a airline compensation demand from me would be in order.
Are airlines a covered entity? Just asking.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:13 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Ok maybe or maybe not.

The maybes are too much

So maybe maybe maybe

I do not see where any other passengers on the flight have commented to say that the child did not behave as described by the person who posted the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Are airlines a covered entity? Just asking.
I do not think so.

https://privacyruleandresearch.nih.gov/pr_06.asp

Old 02-22-2018, 03:53 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Just a few thoughts on this incident without responding to specific previous posts.

It seems to me that the child probably does have an intellectual disability of some type. He was not having a "tantrum". It was screaming/screeching. Such screeching is highly irritating to the majority of adults, who respond to it in the same way that they would the scraping of fingernails on a blackboard. I have two sons. They never screamed or screeched like that, indoors or out. If one of my boys had ever screamed I would have assumed he was injured. In my personal opinion, that behavior should be extinguished when it first begins, even on the playground. Behavioral modification can work with autism.

Got autism? Got screaming and verbal stimming? You can teach your child peace and quiet. – Autism: Chaos to Calm

The mother's response to the screeching suggests that it is not a one off, unexpected event. For example, she mentions the iPad. That means that the boy's behavior was predictable. It seems pretty clear that mom had no way to deal with it. If this flight was for a vacation it should not have been undertaken until she had an effective plan in place to manage her child's behavior. That should have included a consultation with her child's doctor. The dangers of trying to sedate young children have already been discussed but it is possible that something safe could be done.

I have been unable to determine what time of day the flight covered. If it was not during the child's usual sleeping hours it should have been.

I would agree with those who have suggested the child should possibly have been denied boarding as the behavior was apparent before the doors closed. That is a judgement I personally would not like to have to make. If I did, I would probably try to use as the reason that I could not be sure that the screaming was not due to an illness. If boarding had been denied, I suspect we would be hearing from the family about discrimination against someone with a disability, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting