Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 11:57 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

The child is clearly not in hungry, sleepy, or in pain.

We have a relative with a grandchild who carries on like this. Obnoxious as all get out. She's five and autism has been ruled out.

But I would be surprised if this isn't typical behavior for this child on the flight and the family just rolls their eyes and puts up with it and expects everyone else to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 12:00 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
I was stuck on a Flight from Finland to New York with a Russian woman with a daughter and son. The kid was crying the entire time. It was so repulsive. The lady just ignored her daughter the entire time. Then when landing . Her kid started walking in the aisle as the plane was landing. The attendants were going nuts. Then when we landed there was more crying and kicking . The mom still ignored the kid!! It was the worst flight of my life! I have a flight to london in June and im hoping this crap never happens again.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:02 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Clearly they should have known that the kid was going to cry for 8 hours straight, since that's what normally happens.

Good call.

So you would have no issue having to deal with that for 8 hours? Mmm hmm sure.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:05 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
If I was on that flight...I don't care whose kid it is...I would shut him up if the parents won't.
I doubt it. You may have complained about it but you wouldn't have done anything else to quiet the child.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:07 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
A lot do for sure, but not all of us.

The wife and I have done six 14 hours flights when our kids were 14-24 months old. It was a nightmare for us, but everyone else had a good flight. In fact the people around us complemented us on the non stop effort we put in to make sure out kids didn't disturb them.

Parents that just let their kids melt down are the worst.
Sometimes no matter what you try the crying won't stop. Although I always worked hard to try and make sure my children didn't upset other fliers.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:13 PM

19,636 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I was stuck on a Flight from Finland to New York with a Russian woman with a daughter and son. The kid was crying the entire time. It was so repulsive. The lady just ignored her daughter the entire time. Then when landing . Her kid started walking in the aisle as the plane was landing. The attendants were going nuts. Then when we landed there was more crying and kicking . The mom still ignored the kid!! It was the worst flight of my life! I have a flight to london in June and im hoping this crap never happens again.
The attendants were "going nuts", but they didn't do anything. People get kicked off planes for nothing much, yet no one does anything about this. Obviously they could have gotten the kid in a seat for landing. Forget the mother, the plane is the responsibility of the pilot and crew. It is up to them to provide a safe environment for all passengers. An out of control kid is a safety risk to everyone on that plane.

Ironically, if an autistic kid screams for 8 hours the ones most affected by it would be other autistics who have sensory issues. It could actually cause seizures in people as well as migraines and other medical problems. Humans were not designed to listen to that for so long in an enclosed space. We were not designed to fly in the air either. Maybe a compromise is in order.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:35 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I doubt it. You may have complained about it but you wouldn't have done anything else to quiet the child.
I did it once. The screaming was the kid right behind me. Kicking my seat, etc. I finally had it when he grabbed my hair and screamed in my ear. I thought he broke my eardrum. It gave me such a bad headache I thought I was going to throw up. I turned around and SCREAMED back at him. Scared the kid so bad but it worked. Other passengers clapped.

I also once held a fussy little baby for the women next to me. We entertained each other the whole flight. I loved it.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:42 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
In all fairness to the kid nobody wants to go to Jersey.
You win the thread.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:45 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You win the thread.
Yep, I agree. I had to rep him on that. I'm still lol'ing!

Old 02-15-2018, 12:46 PM

35,075 posts, read 31,302,097 times
If a kid is incessantly crying as others are boarding and will just not relent, staff ought to ask them to deplane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting