Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 11:16 PM

140 posts, read 71,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchild35 View Post
I had a divorce a year ago. I have 3 kids in my care. One is 6 years old, second is 5, and the last is still 2. To be honest, it’s tiring at times but I’m working hard for them. I don’t want them to live with nothing in their tummies and pockets. I guess with my work, I can sustain their needs and wants. I want what’s best for my kids.

Just recently, my two kids are looking for a father figure. I was astounded yet felt irresponsible by not giving them the chance to live without a father caring and loving them. But am I not enough? I’m doing my best for them and it should be enough. But still, that thought won’t come out from my head.

So I tried dating. I called some of my friends on whom to date. They gave me some site names but I think I’d be so desperate if I do so. So I ended up going to online dating. There I saw an ad for international dating social event. So I posted some of my pictures, trying it not be showy and agreed to attend the event.

Do you think I’ve made the right decision? Is this move a smart one? Please tell me so. I appreciate your responses!
I'd pick someone from your children's school who already has children. Do they have an classmates with single fathers? They you have much in common from the getgo and if the kids get along, wow that would be wonderful. Alot of people don't date others with as many kids as you have, so if you choose someone with at least another child of that age, even a child the kids already know , might be the best.

Another place could be a bible believing church.

So sorry to hear about your divorce. Children need a mother and father so you will never fulfill both roles for them. Hang in there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 05:18 AM

51,619 posts, read 25,691,824 times
I support looking for male role models outside of dating.

Single father with kids is a good start. Could plan some outings together, hikes, picnics, ...

Uncle? Cousin? Brother? Friend?

Dating is an iffy proposition. You usually have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince. The last thing you want to do is have your kids get attached to a man who doesn't end up staying.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:20 AM

51,619 posts, read 25,691,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Pretty sure this is elaborate spam for that foreign dating "tour."

Now that I reread the OP's one and only post, I suspect you are correct.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:57 AM

1,265 posts, read 1,961,799 times
On the off chance that this is a real post, this is exactly what the Big Brothers / Big Sisters of America organization is for.

http://www.bbbs.org/

Old 03-16-2018, 08:33 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,661,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
One and done.

Why do these all have the same "tone"?
Over and over again. Single post with a controversial topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting