Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 04:01 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times

Advertisements

I just turned 22 when I married my husband and moved from Southern California to the Midwest, hated it with the fire of a thousand suns, home sick , lonely but I loved and still do my husband. No way would I move away from him much less take his kids away.

Even if you don't like mass. You can still make a life and be happy. My family is from Texas and would go every summer to visit my grandparents I would get so sick to my stomach because of the heat. It gets so hot that you can smell the pavement melting.

You mentioned military couples living apart, their divorce rate is high. People here are not being mean, they are just being honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 09:08 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma1 View Post
I said I wasn't going to answer anymore questions but for clarification I will give u a breakdown.I worked to support my husband when he was in school.Apart from taking care of the kids I did all his assignments so he could study .I have sacrificed a lot for him.Now he's an anaesthesiologist you would think he would move to make me happy since I hate MA and was there for him when he needed me.I always think about my self the least...I have sacrificed Almost 9 years of my life for my husband. Setting my needs aside,focusing on raising and homeschooling 2 of our children.. I've lived in MA for nine years Neither have I made any friends because I dont like it here.Ive begged him to move
He promised me he would move with me after school..
Fast forward school done..I pop the question again
LETS MOVE since ure all.done with school and will find a job anywhere. He simply says he cant move and doesnt see himself living outside Massachusetts..I have no intention of divorcing him..But its time I got on with my life too
it would b sad to know I could have moved anywhere and be happy but am stuck here in MA cos my spouse won't move with me but will pay my rent and take care of the kids if I decide to move.So all those calling me selfish..Think again.I came here for answers not to splurge all details about my marriage..Good day..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
My daughter is homeschooling her 5 yr old and her youngest is 3, you would be surprised how much the little ones pick up just by listening to what big sis is learning.
The OP listed it as part of her sacrifices for her husband. With her oldest being 5, kindergarten age, she can't have been doing it for very long. I wouldn't really consider anything prior to kindergarten "homeschooling." Even if the 2 year old is picking stuff up by listening, that's not "homeschooling 2 kids." It was an exaggeration. That was my point.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:51 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
5 year old is generally the age most kids start kindergarten which if my granddaughter went to public school would have been in this year. Yes there is home school curriculum for preschool so it is possible.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:37 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,724,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
The OP listed it as part of her sacrifices for her husband. With her oldest being 5, kindergarten age, she can't have been doing it for very long. I wouldn't really consider anything prior to kindergarten "homeschooling." Even if the 2 year old is picking stuff up by listening, that's not "homeschooling 2 kids." It was an exaggeration. That was my point.
Also, if the burnout is from being with the kids all day, put them in a high quality daycare. They'll benefit from the socialization and being with some caregivers who aren't burned out, as well as interacting with peers, playing outside, etc. OP then won't have the stress of entertaining and caring for 3 kids under 5 all day. That will cost less than moving halfway across the country.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:46 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
5 year old is generally the age most kids start kindergarten which if my granddaughter went to public school would have been in this year. Yes there is home school curriculum for preschool so it is possible.
Yes, I know that 5 years old is when most start kindergarten. She said she homeschooled 2 kids. When one is 2 and one is 5, she can't have been doing it for long. Who "homeschools" a child under 2 years old? Her statement would have carried more weight if her kids were actually school-aged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
Also, if the burnout is from being with the kids all day, put them in a high quality daycare. They'll benefit from the socialization and being with some caregivers who aren't burned out, as well as interacting with peers, playing outside, etc. OP then won't have the stress of entertaining and caring for 3 kids under 5 all day. That will cost less than moving halfway across the country.
I don't disagree with this. If "homeschooling" a 2 and a 5 year old is too much, then put them in preschool, even a half day.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:51 PM

30 posts, read 22,863 times
Quote:
I had to laugh out loud at this..smh ..

Old 06-20-2018, 04:03 PM

Well to put this case to rest .I am in Dallas now(Richardson).My spouse decided he couldn't live without us and will join us in a month.Even though I didn't get the information I needed, my spouse went out of his way to rent a 3 bedroom apartment for us and hired a live in Nanny so I get help with my kids.We will be settling into our new home when he joins us after finalizing paperwork .
So for those who blew this simple question out of proportion I say drink some tea and relax.Am already in dallas.And to those who went out of their way to be super nice to me ..Am so grateful a
and thankful for u.Have a great day everyone .Adios Amigos

Last edited by Roma1; 06-20-2018 at 04:29 PM..

Old 06-20-2018, 04:10 PM

[quote=ContraPagan;52101154]My mother was a SAHM, and she graduated from Albany (NY) Business School with High Honors. She also had TWO high school diplomas, one from her high school, and the NYS Regents Diploma. My father made enough money as an Engineer doing R&D for General Electric so she didn't have to work, and I am very glad not to have been shunted into day care.

And your cavalier attitude about divorce speaks volumes. If you REALLY loved your husband the idea of divorce, or him filling your absence with another woman, would be devastating. The more you post the more truths you

Seriously you dont even know me ..smh ..lmao ..u dont even know my spouse neither do u know me..Anyway enjoy ur day

Old 06-20-2018, 04:27 PM

[quote=Kibbiekat;52237626]Yes, I know that 5 years old is when most start kindergarten. She said she homeschooled 2 kids. When one is 2 and one is 5, she can't have been doing it for long. Who "homeschools" a child under 2 years old? Her statement would have carried more weight if her kids were actually school-aged.

Who homeschools a 2 year old ..(you said) .. .This forum is filled with negativity..how can you make assumptions on someone's question. Well my 2 year old Is doing wonderful . And how do u know I haven't been homeschooling for long.I have 2 kids in Cornell..

Old 06-20-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Just for your information my oldest is not 5.I only mentioned them cos the other 2 are in college and they were homeschooled as well.i just didn't start homeschooling..I've been doing this for years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting