Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 04:12 PM

30 posts, read 22,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen9189 View Post
Is there a reason you choose Dallas in particular?
Have you thought of any other Cities closer?
I too was interested in moving to Texas, I eventually changed my mind when I realized the move would be far more expensive than what I have and can afford right now but I only have one kid so 12,000 for a single parent with 1 child may work but, 3 kids will make this move fairly difficult. That money will be gone fast.
From my research Dallas is pricey, a apartment in a good area with a nice school system is at least $1200, and that was just for 2 bedrooms.
Plus furniture the price to move from Mass To Tx, Im assuming your going to look for work after you move, so Im assuming you want a little cushion for rent.
Will you have a daycare or a sitter planned when it comes time to go to interviews, will you pay out of pocket weekely for Daycare and afterschool programs?
Do you have a deadline of when you want to do all this?

Alot of apartments wont even consider you if you don't have some type of paystubs or proof of income, this was my dilemma when I first moved and didnt have 3 months worth of paystubs for a new job I just started. I had to find rental places willing to "work" with me. Most were not in the best neighborhoods. You may be able to get something if You pay upfront, but again they may be at the rental offices discretion, but everything requires a paper trail now.
I won't be making the move with belongings. We would be buying everything brand new when we get to dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 04:12 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times
Sounds like your husband will have to be a co-signer on your lease since you don't have a paying job or proof of income. IMHO it seems extreme to uproot your children and leave your spouse behind because you don't like the state in which you live. Questions that you may have already asked yourself:

Couldn't you consider a compromise so that the kids would not be deprived of interaction with their father and he with them?

What about birthdays and holidays?

Will you have to buy new furniture? Will your husband be responsible for your utilities and if so, you will still need his name on the bills, etc.

Do you have relatives or friends in Dallas that would be there for you if you needed them? Sure, many single parents work but they have a reliable support system for their children or at the very least, good daycare?

Is there no romantic love left in your marriage that you won't mind sleeping alone, not having meals with your spouse or having face-to-face conversations?

The answers are something for you to consider not respond to on a message board with strangers.

Last edited by Praline; 06-04-2018 at 04:37 PM..

Old 06-04-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Red flags waving all over the place right now.

Why Dallas? Do you have family there?
Is your husband going to be paying to maintain 2 households?
How are you going ensure the kids have time with both parents?
You'd seriously rather live alone in Dallas than with your husband in Mass? Really?

As the others said, this is not something to be taken lightly. Unless you are divorcing and moving back to a place where you have the support of your own family, or escaping an abusers, I think this is a bad idea.

You'd find answers specific to Dallas in the Texas forum.

NO am not escaping from anyone or anything. I JUST WANT A CHANGE .all these assumptions..Good lord

Old 06-04-2018, 04:17 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Its summer and schools are being let out.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:18 PM

171 posts, read 145,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma1 View Post
@Agreen9181. ..Thanks for your response and feedback .No I won't be paying for rent or daycare. My spouse will be paying for this.Thanks
Do you think he would be willing to travel with you to TX to look at apartments and talk to the Apartment management? they may be more willing to work with you if you and your husband can both explain you situation at hand... that way they know rent will always be paid. Thats really their main concern really knowing you will pay them on time. If they feel that you wont be a problem, you may not have to worry about having 3 months worth of paystubs

Old 06-04-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
I have to agree with this.
Lol how can u make assumptions only from my previous content.Well for your information my spouse will be paying for rent and upkeep for us to make the move.I dont need an attorney neither am I getting a divorce ..goodday

Old 06-04-2018, 04:22 PM

171 posts, read 145,840 times
Also when it comes to daycares and school systems, Try the Texas Thread, there is alot of information regarding good and bad areas, school systems and etc from local Texans

Old 06-04-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Have you visited Dallas?
Yes

Old 06-04-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Why Dallas? You have three small children and no support system and you are going to need to put your children in daycare. This sounds like a difficult and tumultuous move for your children.
Am not the first to move and I won't be the last .People move all the time even those who are not married. Military families do it all the time theres nothing weird about this

Old 06-04-2018, 04:43 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma1 View Post
Am not the first to move and I won't be the last .People move all the time even those who are not married. Military families do it all the time theres nothing weird about this
Dallas already has too many transient drifters and honestly, most of the local people get tired of them. You still haven't explained why you want to move to Dallas.

I had a friend who up and moved to Hawaii without finding a job first. She didn't even know anyone there. She wound up in a number of bad situations. It was not a mature decision for her to make, to move somewhere with no real plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting