Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 06:30 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
My thoughts: DUH! Nobody can afford children since rent is at least $1k a month and everyone has student loan payments to worry about while employers are paying $12 an hour for a Bachelors degree holder.
The responsible ones do this. The irresponsible ones poop out kids regardless of income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 12:15 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,859,328 times
Jobs are insecure these days. Your company could be doing well then boom, they eliminate some jobs and you're out of work. You, your spouse and your family could end up out on the streets. It's scary. Life is expensive. Insurance, mortgage, taxes, healthcare, gas, utilities, clothing, food etc. Not to mention unexpected emergencies that pop up. I don't know how some people who don't make much money have a lot of kids.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:01 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spchtx View Post
That's interesting. I see tons of pregnant woman around where I live, and a friend and I were just talking about how many people we know these days that are having 4 and 5 children. I work in a small office of about 15 people, and 2 of the woman are pregnant right now. One is on her 3rd baby. Another recently had a baby, and another that recently left the office is pregnant with her second. There is definitely a baby boom going on around me. I'm not drinking the water!!!!
What geographic region do you live in?

Old 07-18-2018, 08:41 AM

7,427 posts, read 4,671,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapa1 View Post
my sister originally wanted only one child, but ended up having triplets!
lol

Old 07-18-2018, 08:43 AM

7,427 posts, read 4,671,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
The responsible ones do this. The irresponsible ones poop out kids regardless of income.
This. It's the Idiocracy movie turning into reality.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:28 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,355,702 times
Quote:
This is a good thing, the world needs fewer people right now. We're overpopulated, straining resources, and polluting the planet.
I agree. Some roads around my area are dangerous because of increased traffic levels due to population increases and business development. Sometimes due to the space, roads can't be widen. I try to avoid some areas because traffic congestion is horrible during rush hour.

In my extended family, many do have kids of their own. Most only have 2 or 3 children. Some, including me, do not. I don't want kids, it's just not in the cards for me.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:54 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
My sister originally wanted only one child, but ended up having triplets!
I only wanted one as well. We had twins, so we just went ahead and had three more. However my sister had none, my two brothers each had one. Eight people produced seven. Net loss from our family.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:36 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I agree. Some roads around my area are dangerous because of increased traffic levels due to population increases and business development. Sometimes due to the space, roads can't be widen. I try to avoid some areas because traffic congestion is horrible during rush hour.

In my extended family, many do have kids of their own. Most only have 2 or 3 children. Some, including me, do not. I don't want kids, it's just not in the cards for me.
More people need to have zero children. The life expectancy is long enough we don't need to replace people as much as we used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
This. It's the Idiocracy movie turning into reality.
It's very true. Even worse with the parents who think they're kids are such special snowflakes.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:29 PM

389 posts, read 421,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
What geographic region do you live in?
Austin, Texas

Old 07-19-2018, 05:41 PM

8,035 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
This is what I see around me in my area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting