Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you cover up or not?
Yes 29 40.85%
No 33 46.48%
Not sure 9 12.68%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 12:38 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times

Advertisements

^^I hope so.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:43 PM

643 posts, read 329,474 times
If going topless is allowed or legal, no reason to cover up.

If it is not allowed or legal, you should cover up while breast feeding.

Being legal to breast feed in public should not equate to exposure for all to see.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:44 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,054,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, I was shy also, hated to take a public shower in gym....and I believe it's just as difficult for others to understand us, as it is for us to understand them, whole different ball game.

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, I just feel that for now, being a little more understanding and discrete would go a long long way. That's all
Stuff like this gets filed under 'not my problem.' This is NOT a case of some rude mom whipping out a boobie.

Are breastfeeding moms supposed to poll the audience to determine who the prudes (or pervs) are? Nope. Sure, be discreet but that's it.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post

Being legal to breast feed in public should not equate to exposure for all to see.
Why would being topless be the legal standard for breastfeeding since being topless is not even common while breastfeeding let alone necessary. If the state of undress were the issue, the vast majority of swimsuits would not be allowed. So I really don't think it has anything to do with the state of undress.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Why would being topless be the legal standard for breastfeeding since being topless is not even common while breastfeeding let alone necessary. If the state of undress were the issue, the vast majority of swimsuits would not be allowed. So I really don't think it has anything to do with the state of undress.
You're exactly right.

Some people cannot apparently un-sexualize the female breast.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:54 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post

Exactly this!

Old 07-23-2018, 12:59 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
somebodynew This makes no sense.
maybe not to you, but to others and to me it does make sense, hence my point.

Quote:
When I go to the swimming pool in my swim suit, am I shoving my beliefs on the head scarf wearing Muslim? Do I owe the Muslim's belief more than she owes my live and let live belief?
I feel that Americas beliefs are that we can go to a pool in a swim suit, and Muslims should be aware of that, that it's perfectly acceptable...but, not all are, and again, that's my point.

Quote:
When I walk down the street with a burger in my hand, am I shoving my beliefs in the vegan person's children's face?
No you are not, but the vegan may feel you are....?

Quote:
Do I have some obligation to "teach" other people that they live in a world where people believe the same thing that they do?
no, you do not, but we do live in a blended community now....and not one of us thinks and believes the same.

Quote:
I agree! I think the people who are afraid of breasts for any other purpose but as sexual objects for men should respect other's desire to feed their kids without foisting their morality on US.
Please, no one is "Afraid of Breasts", and it's not about forcing any thing on you, b/c it's perfectly legal, to do so.

Just wanted to point out that we all have different views, opinions and feelings about things. We all own our very own privet culture.

no one is saying your wrong...there is no right or wrong answer, except in a court of law, and whew, thank the Lord, I'm not a judge, cuz this is a tough one

Old 07-23-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:

no one is saying your wrong...there is no right or wrong answer, except in a court of law, and whew, thank the Lord, I'm not a judge, cuz this is a tough one
Wrong. It's not tough at all.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
maybe not to you, but to others and to me it does make sense, hence my point.

I feel that Americas beliefs are that we can go to a pool in a swim suit, and Muslims should be aware of that, that it's perfectly acceptable...but, not all are, and again, that's my point.

No you are not, but the vegan may feel you are....?

no, you do not, but we do live in a blended community now....and not one of us thinks and believes the same.

Please, no one is "Afraid of Breasts", and it's not about forcing any thing on you, b/c it's perfectly legal, to do so.

Just wanted to point out that we all have different views, opinions and feelings about things. We all own our very own privet culture.

It is not really that tough. We DO live in a blended society. I find feeding a baby to be more important for me and for the many women who have been badgered on this topic than catering to the delicate feelings of people who would like to be catered to. You asked for opinions, I gave mine. I would not only not "cover up" whatever that means, I would also sue.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:22 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
I haven't seen anything about a lawsuit but the pool did break the law. So if it takes a lawsuit to make them obey the law, then I have no problem with that.

And no, it's not remotely a tough one. The law says that breastfeeding moms can legally breastfeed in any location they are legally entitled to be. Period. If someone is bothered by it, then the offended person has the option to leave. Making the nursing mom leave or hide under a blanket is not one of the options provided by the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting