Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 10:13 PM

110 posts, read 67,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
My daughter knows what it's all about. She's heard about it enough. She sees the changes with her body. but she is very embarrassed/reluctant to talk about it. With anyone. She watched a video at her school and it made her very uncomfortable.

How can I handle this subject given her personality?

My mom was very direct, plus I looked at puberty as a good thing. That meant that I was growing up and becoming a "big girl".

My daughter is more reserved about it and nervous.

The extends into her wearing a bra. She doesn't wear it on a consistent basis and now she's developed enough where she should. Again, how to handle this delicate subject.
Tell her it's time she needs to wear a bra. Offer to shop with her or give her money herself to go shopping. End of story. No biggie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 10:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagelLover View Post
Tell her it's time she needs to wear a bra. Offer to shop with her or give her money herself to go shopping. End of story. No biggie.
They've already done that. Below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Also, we've gone bra shopping with her and she's chosen the sports bras at Justice. She just feels weirded out having to wear one. I think she's a bit afraid of what's happening...on the one hand she's still a child, but on the other hand her body is changing, her personality is changing...and she just likes the way things were before. I know, that's not how life works, but I can see things from her point of view. we are young but for so long, really. she innately doesn't take change readily, so there's that too...
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/h_l_mencken_129796

Old 08-05-2018, 10:02 PM

110 posts, read 67,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
They've already done that. Below:

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/h_l_mencken_129796
You need to actually read what you quoted.
It read "we've went shopping"
So no, they haven't tried my suggestion.

Give her the money so SHE can shop HERSELF
Otherwise stay out of it. No more analyzing the poor girl

P.S. For every simple problem, there is always a complex misunderstanding.

Now Find a brainyquote for that one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting