Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2018, 10:20 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
In other words you are admitting that the vaccines don't work as advertised.
Ehm - they work exactly as expected. Nobody claims a 100% success rate. Herd immunity, it's a thing.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:21 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Thank you. She's the only one in the family that has had that genetic testing. It's good info for her to give her doctors if she has any health issues in the future. We've also passed it along to her cousins so they can be careful. We understand that researchers are still trying to learn all the implications of these mutations.

After her immunization, she was limp and lifeless, I remember being terrified as I held her through the night. Her doctors were very reassuring and told me not to worry, if she got any of the childhood diseases, they would treat her. There was no doubt in my mind, I agreed with the doctors not to give her one more shot.
How old is she again?

Old 08-08-2018, 10:32 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:

Once she recovered, her doctor did genetic testing and she does have the MTHFR gene mutation as well as Factor V Leiden.

However, I understand none of this was studied or documented or can be found online, it is only information that was shared in our family by our family doctor and the testing labs. Maybe someday, these individual real life results can be tabulated and studied to find more answers to help other children.
Does she have two gene mutations or one?

I have both of those mutations (heterozygous, so 1 mutation each), had all of my childhood vaccinations no issue, and also took birth control pills for 18 years with no blood clot. Now that I know I have Factor V, I will never take the pill again because of clotting risk.

I do wish women could be tested younger for these problems. I will want my daughter tested young as I know they are genetic and it can have a devastating affect on fertility. I still plan to have her fully vaccinated.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:33 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
In my opinion, healthy kids (and people) should be vaccinated to protect less healthy children that cannot be vaccinated. Herd immunity would likely save those vulnerable kids. However, we have people that won't vaccinate their kids for... let's be honest here... awfully dumb reasons. These are preventable diseases. And there is a correlation between vaccinate rates going down and incidence rates going up.

When the OP talks about "that's a lot of pharma" in regards to the amount of vaccines people receive by the time they reach 18 - the way I see it is that there's also a lot of people NOT dying before the age of 10. The morbidity rate is way down for children. Vaccines are a large factor in that.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:44 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The aluminum in those vaccines is slowly absorbed over about two months. It sits in the muscle; it is not being given IV. Did you read the article where they measured aluminum levels?
https://www.academicpedsjnl.net/arti...17)30483-7/pdf
You don’t have to tell ME how vaccines are administered; I’ve probably administered hundreds of immunizations & thousands of IM’s. If it seems like we are “searching” for a site, it’s not because we are looking for a blood vessel; we are looking to avoid one.

I find it hard to believe that an ingredient used as an adjuvant is “slowly absorbed”, especially over months. Sounds like a fairly ineffective adjuvant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
"CONCLUSIONS: Infant B-Al [blood aluminum]and H-Al [hair aluminum]varied considerably but did not correlate with their immunization history. Likewise, there was no correlation between B-Al and infant development or between H-Al and language or cognitive development. An inverse correlation between H-Al and BSID motor scores deserves further investigation."
Fun fact: Autism research & vaccine safety research are both strongly correlated with the conclusion that “More research is needed ...”

Old 08-08-2018, 10:47 AM

9,859 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Does she have two gene mutations or one?

I have both of those mutations (heterozygous, so 1 mutation each), had all of my childhood vaccinations no issue, and also took birth control pills for 18 years with no blood clot. Now that I know I have Factor V, I will never take the pill again because of clotting risk.

I do wish women could be tested younger for these problems. I will want my daughter tested young as I know they are genetic and it can have a devastating affect on fertility. I still plan to have her fully vaccinated.
Not sure I understand your question, but I think the doctor said the mutations were from one parent, not both of us. Is that what you meant? We just found out her dad has the Factor V.

Shoot, I didn't even think about her fertility being an issue, she is hoping to have a family. She's 29.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:59 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Not sure I understand your question, but I think the doctor said the mutations were from one parent, not both of us. Is that what you meant? We just found out her dad has the Factor V.

Shoot, I didn't even think about her fertility being an issue, she is hoping to have a family. She's 29.
Homozygous means you have 2 copies of the mutation, one from each parent. It's worse than having one bad copy. Everything I read says most people with Factor V never have a blood clot, she was really unlucky getting one so young from taking the pill.

She will need to tell her ob/gyn about the Factor V and they will almost certainly prescribe lovenox (blood thinner) injections daily during pregnancy. You don't need the blood thinner shots except when you're pregnant, as pregnant women also have a increased risk of a blood clot. They do want to start them as soon as you get a positive pregnancy test, so best for her to pay close attention to her cycles. The silver lining is finding out early about this may spare her some painful early miscarriages.

And now back to the thread's regular programming...

Old 08-08-2018, 11:36 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
She's 29.
OK, so DD was born in late 1988 or by today's date in 1989. That was back in the day when the old whole-cell DTP vaccine was still in use. Her reaction was uncommon, but it happened. It is not a contraindication to further doses of the vaccine, but scary enough to make one consider not getting any more. What would likely have happened had you come to the immunization clinic where I was working at that time, using standing orders from our physicians, I would have recommended she get the DT vaccine (without the P, for pertussis) so she'd have protection against tetanus and diphtheria instead of saying no vaccines ever again. There was no reason to not get any other vaccines.

As far as being able to care for any disease your DD might contract d/t being unvaxed, that is a false reassurance. The dr. was more likely thinking herd immunity would protect her. Some of those diseases can be fatal even with prompt treatment, others are viral and have no treatment. That is right around the time the huge measles epidemic was getting going in the US, some of which was attributed to using false contraindications for measles vaccine. It was most common in unimmunized toddlers.

DD should talk to her PCP about getting some of these vaccines.

I would suggest you take a look at this chart, scroll down to "Conditions incorrectly perceived as contraindications or precautions to vaccination (i.e., vaccines may be given under these conditions)"
"Collapse or shock-like state (i.e., hypotonic hyporesponsive episode) within 48 hours after receiving a previous dose of DTP/DTaP"
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/aci...dications.html

Old 08-08-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Well, I will probably be attacked for commenting, but my youngest child was the only one who had a bad reaction to her first vaccine and her pediatrician recommended not giving her any more. She was my healthiest child. No health issues until she took birth control pills in her 20's and she almost died from the blood clot that went from her hip to her ankle.

Once she recovered, her doctor did genetic testing and she does have the MTHFR gene mutation as well as Factor V Leiden.

However, I understand none of this was studied or documented or can be found online, it is only information that was shared in our family by our family doctor and the testing labs. Maybe someday, these individual real life results can be tabulated and studied to find more answers to help other children.
Thank you for commenting.

Your voice counts more to me than you could ever know, because one day; your daughter’s experience will help other children & your experience will help other parents.

Until recently, the science of vaccine safety has been provided by one pipeline & that pipeline does not come from Pharma. Any independent research with potentially conflicting results has been discredited & it’s researchers bullied & ridiculed.

Although this might get worse before it gets better; those days are numbered. The tide is turning & for that, we can thank these people & their “next of kin’s” who never knew each other & never signed up for this:

https://autismbrainnet.org/donors-family/memory-hope/

The donations of post-mortem brain tissue of people with autism hold the key to the knowledge of all adverse reactions to vaccines; not just autism.

The flood (tsunami) of research has already started & it won’t be contained. More has been accomplished in the last 4 years with this program than was achieved in the 40 years of studies that concluded by saying: “More research is needed ...” (I guess the saying is true: “Be careful what you wish for” .)

Your comments are what help validate people like me & the people named in the link above because parents are not “not vaccinating for stupid reasons”, as has been stated in this thread.

They are not vaccinating because the science has been incongruous with the human experience. And nobody needs another 40 years of that.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
OK, so DD was born in late 1988 or by today's date in 1989. That was back in the day when the old whole-cell DTP vaccine was still in use. Her reaction was uncommon, but it happened. It is not a contraindication to further doses of the vaccine, but scary enough to make one consider not getting any more. What would likely have happened had you come to the immunization clinic where I was working at that time, using standing orders from our physicians, I would have recommended she get the DT vaccine (without the P, for pertussis) so she'd have protection against tetanus and diphtheria instead of saying no vaccines ever again. There was no reason to not get any other vaccines.
She was probably told that: “reactions are uncommon & there is no reason not to get this one.” ... The first time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting