Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 07:06 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Any link to health problems after babies/young kids get pumped with all this stuff?

Just looked up a list of vaccines from infant to 18. That is a lot of pharma

There are words for parents who don't get their kids vaccinated: Neglectful. Halfwits. Irresponsible.

The "study" that started the anti-vaccination movement turned out to be nothing but an empty sham, condemned unanimously by the scientific and medical community. The author of the study later admitted that he had concocted his research and repudiated his findings.

So the only people left believing in that hokum are the same kind of people who believe that the moon landings were shot in a movie studio or that the 9/11 attacks were staged.

https://www.health24.com/Medical/Chi...ors-20180430-3

Old 08-10-2018, 07:44 AM

15,431 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
One wonders what would happen if one were to put an anti-vaxxer in a discussion with mothers of, say, the 1950's and before?
I know my Dad thought anti-vaxxers are insane, clueless, or stupid. He was born in 1929, and knew kids in his town who died of pertussis, whooping cough, tetanus, and a myriad of other now preventable diseases. He saw an interview with an anti-vaxxer who said no one dies of whooping cough, and let loose a pretty salty description of the interviewees intelligence and ancestry. He had an older brother who died at 18 months from mastoiditis caused by ear infections(a now almost unheard of cause of death), and often wondered if the anti-vaxxers would deprive their kids of antibiotics, given their dislike of effective medical treatments.

Both of my grandmothers, one born in 1895, the other in 1910, were proponents of vaccination, having seen many children suffer horribly from now preventable diseases.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I've had friends and family schedule an additional visit, just to stagger them out. I can't remember which age it is, but one is fairly heavy. So, they just split it up, but they do get them all. We don't hang out with folks that don't vaccine, our health is to important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I staggered many out with my child. All I can say was our pediatrician was very patient with us. It was stupid on my part and based on non-science. I look back and can't believe how dumb and paranoid I was being at the time.
Don't beat yourself up, TXNGL, what's done is done.

There are no advantages to the baby/child to stagger vaccines, and some big disadvantages.

Disadvantages:
1. "Studies have shown that it is just as stressful for babies to receive one shot as it is to receive more than one shot. . . "Receiving two shots every month could be even more stressful than getting four shots at once," Feemster said. Splitting each set of immunizations into two visits just doubles the stress in a child's life."
Should you space out vaccines? 7 common questions answered - Chicago Tribune

2. There is no evidence that fever or other SEs are worse with more vaccines. In fact, if you split up the shots, there are just more possible days of fever and sore legs.

3. The child is unprotected against some serious diseases for a longer period of time. Considering that some of these diseases are very serious in early infancy, that's not good. And if one decides to get the shots monthly, a common plan among parents who want to space shots, and Baby is sick for one of those visits, the shots are spread even more. Some offices only do these drop-in shot visits on certain days and at certain times, making it difficult to schedule between well visits.

4. The doctor's office itself has lots of germs in the waiting room.

5. Wouldn't you rather go to the park than the doctor's office all the time?

Old 08-10-2018, 10:48 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s easy for a school yard bully to say, “I didn’t force him to give me his lunch money, he just did”.

It’s easy for an armed robber to say, “I asked for the money and they gave it to me. They had a choice”.

It’s easy to say that California, MS nor WV don’t utilize force when it comes to their vaccine laws.

The victims of coercion may have a very different perspective.
Coercion? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I take all precautions and due to a compromised immune system, doubly so, including malaria shots when I go to the tropics.

However, this is not about me.

This is about the inane lobby of those who insist their right to chose includes their right to be of danger to others. Stop it! For flippn' sakes stop it! You are endangering innocent people by your lobbying and practises. Do you not have a conscious? Innocent children, ones who may not be able to get vaccinated, are at danger because people like you will have kids who are either carriers or infected.

It's bad enough that you endanger your own, but you have no right whatsoever to endanger others.
Exactly. This is why I think kids in families like this have no right to go to school, daycare, or anywhere else other kids are. You're ENDANGERING other kids and you have no right to do that.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:05 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Yes, coercion, I’m not ******g kidding you.

I strongly believe in choice and free choices can not be made when there is coercion. Either get all vaccines we say you need to get or homeschool. That’s coercion. I’m a big fan of education as it’s very effective and does not utilize force.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:

I strongly believe in choice and free choices can not be made when there is coercion. Either get all vaccines we say you need to get or homeschool. That’s coercion. I’m a big fan of education as it’s very effective and does not utilize force.
What you want is "choice" without any consequences. You are on the losing side of this "choice" argument. The courts have upheld vaccine mandates over and over; they've never been overturned.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:21 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Quote:

Choice to put your kids at risk of preventable disease and the risk of other kids. But screw the other kids, yours have had the choice made for them so that's all that matters isn't it? Gotcha.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
What you want is "choice" without any consequences. You are on the losing side of this "choice" argument. The courts have upheld vaccine mandates over and over; they've never been overturned.
All states have vaccine mandates. What I want is to continue with those mandates and continue with public health education because those things work. I do not want to see an end to true choice, which allows for exemptions. Choice does not exist when one is forced into doing something. It is forceful to tell a parent that they can either homeschool or get every vaccine the state says they must, even parents of kids who have had reactions that don’t fit the very narrow framework for medical exemptions are faced with this “choice”.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:35 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
All states have vaccine mandates. What I want is to continue with those mandates and continue with public health education because those things work. I do not want to see an end to true choice, which allows for exemptions. Choice does not exist when one is forced into doing something. It is forceful to tell a parent that they can either homeschool or get every vaccine the state says they must, even parents of kids who have had reactions that don’t fit the very narrow framework for medical exemptions are faced with this “choice”.
I think the state is interfering with by choice to drive when the coerce me into getting a license and insuring my vehicle. Having to fit their very narrow framework of safety is not TRUE CHOICE. But such is the world we live in.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I think the state is interfering with by choice to drive when the coerce me into getting a license and insuring my vehicle. Having to fit their very narrow framework of safety is not TRUE CHOICE. But such is the world we live in.

Getting one’s drivers license doesn’t require one to put a foreign substance into their body. There’s no health risk of side effects from getting your drivers license or buying auto insurance. I firmly believe in body autonomy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting