Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should i be allowed out into the garden while on punishment ?
yes i should be allowed out to enjoy the sunshine 4 18.18%
no i should not be let out as i am being punished and that means NO freedom 18 81.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 12:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Is this for real?

Old 08-06-2018, 12:47 PM

1,201 posts, read 804,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbecky View Post
I got caught shoplifting, my parents said they don't want to see me go to jail, so are punishing me severely, they have sentenced me to 2 weeks imprisonment, I am confined to my room and my bedroom door is locked, we are having a heatwave and I have been SHUT away in my room for 4 days, I am BORED , FED UP and VERY miserable, because its so hot and sunny I asked my parents if I could go and sit in the garden for a couple of hours, they said NO NO NO my punishment is to have my freedom taken away which means NO going out and that's the end of it I have stay in my room and my bedroom door stays locked.

IS THIS PUNISHMENT FAIR ?

DO YOU THINK I SHOULD BE ALLOWED OUT INTO THE GARDEN ?
It doesn't matter what we think as WE aren't your parents, your parents are. You are SUPPOSED to be bored, fed-up, and very miserable. It is a hell of a lot more fair than you sitting in a jail cell with a bunch of other criminals and unless you are actually in prison, as opposed to county awaiting trial or sentencing, you would not be getting "time in the garden." Use that time to reflect on your poor choice of stealing things that did not belong to you and how you might make better choices in the future. You can read, do yoga, meditate, nap, or whatever. You'd been losing freedoms for a lot longer than two weeks at my house - that would be in addition to making right with the victim of your theft. That might mean working in their place of business for free for a couple of weeks, hopefully doing their most unpleasant tasks.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:48 PM

1,201 posts, read 804,128 times
Quote:
no I haven't and I am not going to, I am not here to do my parents dirty work, anyway my parents have said there is NOTHING I can do to get my freedom back they said I WILL and MUST serve my full sentence this punishment STINKS why no sympathy ?

Wow - you sound like a spoiled, entitled little brat! You don't deserve any sympathy. Cowgirl up and stop whining. You shouldn't have taken things that don't belong to you.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:54 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
Sounds like you're parents 'shop lifted your freedom', doesn't feel to good does it ? Do the crime, do the time !

Old 08-06-2018, 12:59 PM

9 posts, read 6,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Because we're all hoping it's harsh enough so you won't steal again. Your parents are worried sick.

Have you asked for books?
i am only allowed school books even though its the school holidays, i start 6 form in September and my parents expect me to study.
plus i have to write a 6 page essay on why its wrong to steal and a 6 page essay on unacceptable behaviour and punishments, plus every day i have to write out 200 times, STEALING IS WRONG AND ONE OF THE WORST THINGS ONE CAN DO, i am 16 don't you agree i am far to old to be writing lines and punishment essays ?

Old 08-06-2018, 01:02 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
If this is a true post-

Would you rather be sitting bored in your bedroom at home or bored in sitting in a jail cell?

Old 08-06-2018, 01:04 PM

224 posts, read 376,883 times
Bigbecky, I sympathize. A few years ago I hurt my back and was confined to a few rooms in my house for a week. Most of the time I sat in a straight backed chair, moving as little as possible. It was no fun, that's for sure. I really missed my freedom and doing the things I usually took for granted. And like you, I felt I was being unfairly punished for something.

If I were ever in your situation, relieved of all responsibilities and with two weeks of solitude (and was pain free and not too mobility impaired this time), I would take pen and paper and write something. I have the beginnings of a novel rattling around in my head, but my crazy busy life keeps me from sitting down and getting started on it. What a priceless gift two weeks of unencumbered time would be!

Old 08-06-2018, 01:08 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
i am only allowed school books even though its the school holidays, i start 6 form in September and my parents expect me to study.
plus i have to write a 6 page essay on why its wrong to steal and a 6 page essay on unacceptable behaviour and punishments, plus every day i have to write out 200 times, STEALING IS WRONG AND ONE OF THE WORST THINGS ONE CAN DO, i am 16 don't you agree i am far to old to be writing lines and punishment essays ?
You may be 16, but your immaturity is showing. Sixteen year olds should know that stealing is wrong. Have you expressed any remorse at all for your actions?

Old 08-06-2018, 01:11 PM

9 posts, read 6,772 times
I do not want to do chores, I just want to get out of my room, I DONT like being locked in it is making me miserable, all my friends are out having fun in the sunshine while I am CAGED up in my poxy room its NOT fair, my parents keep my bedroom door locked because last time I got grounded I sneaked out, the only time I leave my room is to use the bathroom I WANT OUT I don't deserve to suffer like this don't you agree ?

Old 08-06-2018, 01:14 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Right now you are young and you think your punishment is too harsh. Well once you become of age and you decide to something this dumb, you will go to jail. Jail is worse than being restricted to your room. Your parents are spot on. You need to remember that bad things happen when you steal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting