Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 07:04 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Each generation has a preference, I remember boomers all want their children to be circumcised and Gen X is a 50/50 preference and now millennials all against it.
Interesting - I'm a Boomer and most of my friends didn't have their sons circumcised. Neither did I for that matter. I had no idea we were going against the grain.

For the record, my adult sons are now in their thirties and they've had absolutely zero issues in any way. I mean, we don't sit around and discuss this in depth but they had no issues growing up, and seem perfectly content in healthy relationships now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 07:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
That is such nonsense. An intact erect penis does not look much different from a circumsized one. If parents are paranoid about their sons not getting laid, they a reality check. Trust me, by the time a guy takes his pants off, the girl has already decided she's going to have sex with him.
Or have him arrested for failing to get written consent...

Old 09-16-2018, 07:55 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Or have him arrested for failing to get written consent...
Yeah, rape jokes are hysterical

Old 09-16-2018, 10:46 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
No sons, but my ex was not, and I was 20 when we met. I'd had a few others but never noticed the difference. My husband now is circumcised and angry about it. I can compare the two, and first was WAY MORE sensitive and something else to "play with".

I had horses and it seems that sheath has a protective function when said appendage is retracted. Wouldn't that be the same in humans? (easier to see on horses)

Old 09-16-2018, 11:42 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaAma View Post
We did not circumcise our son because we believe it is absurdly cruel to cut off part of a person's genitalia without his consent when there is no medical reason to do so. We have access to an awful lot of medical and cosmetic procedures in the first world; that doesn't mean those procedures should be done on newborn children just because.
Amen.

And to add to refutation of OP's contentions and uninformed biases, if you believe your kids should have 100 or more vaccines by age 18, the ingredients of which you know nothing about but trust the drug profiteers and their paid cohorts the docs and nurses of the world with your kids' lives and health, fine.

I won't get a flu vaccine, I won't get most of the vaccines my doc pushes because they cause as many problems as they supposedly cure.

Kids NEED to get some diseases and illnesses, it's the ONLY way their bodies develop immunity that actually works, often for their entire lifetime.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:04 PM

716 posts, read 557,637 times
I'm a boomer. My 31 year old son is circumcised, as well as my nephews in their 40's, and THEIR sons all in their late teens.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:48 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
I explain that my son is Caucasian because Asian Indians are Caucasian so there was no "mixing" of the races as she was implying.
No minority college scholarships for you!!! And don't come whining about discrimination when your kid looks for a job.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:14 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
circumcision is brutal, but better to have the procedure at a few days old rather than a few decades old. my sons were circumcised as infants for religious reasons decades ago. there has been lots of medical literature that circumcision provides some protection for both men and women from sexually transmitted diseases, including hiv, and certain types of cancer. that info alone would sway me to have the procedures done if I was making this decision today for my boys.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:44 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Not everyone believes in an invisible sky wizard who sent commands down to an ancient tribe.
Not all Jewish people believe in the literal "sky wizard," in fact most of us don't these days... but circumcision is still practiced out of cultural tradition, along with whatever health reasons are related to the practice. Just wanted to say that, in case you think we all believe in G-d as a literal being.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:51 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I don't care if anyone is or isn't. As a lady I prefer them to be and when I had my son I did it without thinking twice. My friend fretted about it a lot but in the end decided not to do it and when she had a second son a couple years later she didn't have to think either, she just said no. The older boy ended up being circumcised when he was 8 or 9 due to some issue and she fretted again and started second guessing her initial choice but the younger one never had a problem.

I hate seeing anyone adopt this as their "pet issue" because it's about the least important thing in the world. Except for random posts by anonymous people on the internet I've never met an adult guy who cared one way other the other and they've all been happy with themselves. I'm sure there are guys who obsess about it, there are people who obsess about all sorts of things, but that a mental issue talking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting