Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 09:48 AM

1,299 posts, read 823,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
If they didn’t have a history I would not normally see an issue but I agree, just bring the wife along and introduce her to friend.
I agree with this as well, due to their history.

When my daughter was a toddler, my husband's high school girlfriend moved back into town with her family, and looked him up. She wanted our kids to be friends, and we did see them a few times. Until she told my husband about how her marriage wasn't working out. I was fine at first, but after that revelation I asked my husband to watch out. He had been totally naive at first, but came to see what the ex was up to. We stopped hanging out with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 11:05 AM

669 posts, read 320,996 times
Question is, if he brings his wife, will that make the single mom all lose interest in this playdate?

Single mom sometimes wants to see how far she can get, in terms of enticing a married father. Not saying its this but is possible.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:50 PM

178 posts, read 230,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
It would be wise for him to bring his wife with him to introduce her to his friend and from that time on have his wife bring his son to the playdates.

I agree. Although i'm not sure if he would want to which is why i guess thats the reason he ran it by me to ask what i think.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Is your friend asking for your advice? If not, stay out of it and keep your mouth shut.

For me to know about it he had to inform me for a "what do you think" about the situation. BTW as of now he said he is not doing it.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
Question is, if he brings his wife, will that make the single mom all lose interest in this playdate?

Single mom sometimes wants to see how far she can get, in terms of enticing a married father. Not saying its this but is possible.

I don't know she is cool and maybe does not have any motives but you never know. My boy said he told her it would be a good idea and left the ball in her court to actually set something up. So far it has'nt happened and he said more than likely he is not going to bring his kids in the mix for a meet up unless he hears that she is in a relationship, or the whole family happens to bump into each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting