Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 04:35 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times

Advertisements

At age 19 people date around. They aren't ready for marriage. No one "owns" anyone especially if there is no engagement ring. I'd stay out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 04:37 PM

72 posts, read 50,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Personally, I think you should say something. If you get the opportunity to talk with your sons GF, maybe tell her you're giving her the chance to fess up but if she chooses not too, you will.

Your son deserves to know. The longer it goes on, the more potential hurt it could be for him.
Rachelle said that my son just gets high all the time as to where my friends son and her have more in common. Shes been attracted to him but she dosent know what do do cause she still likes my son.
She said that theyve been seeing each other every other day.
She dosent want my son to get beat up

Old 11-08-2018, 04:40 PM

Ok so someone on here said that I know too much well to tell you the truth that was just some of what she said but I don think anyone wants to know right ???

I also remember someone saying tk have my son go over there and pretend to borrow something. I think thats the best idea so far.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
At age 19 people date around. They aren't ready for marriage. No one "owns" anyone especially if there is no engagement ring. I'd stay out of it.
See....then theres this

Thats EXTACTLY what my sister says too and shes the OLDER one

Old 11-08-2018, 04:43 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,560,059 times
There's dating around and then there's screwing around behind a partner's back. Ring or no ring, that's unethical if one party is totally in the dark about their partner's behavior and has been led to believe that he or she is in a sexually exclusive relationship. This is also how HPV, herpes, gonorrhea, etcetera get spread around a social group. Let's hope that everyone is up to date on their HPV vaccinations and uses condoms religiously to minimize their risks of contracting an STI!

Whether the O.P. shares this bit of knowledge with her son is her decision to make, but it's doubtful that she'll be warmly welcoming this young woman into her home to have sloppy seconds sex (as the kids call it) with her son under her roof, no less. Cold civility at best is what's called for here.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:45 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,963,948 times
there S.T.D.'s, too. this cross-pollination could cause contamination.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:46 PM

5,739 posts, read 4,694,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by widowspeak67 View Post
Oh well its too late now she coming
I'll bet she is.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:55 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,273 times
Quote:

I also remember someone saying tk have my son go over there and pretend to borrow something. I think thats the best idea so far.
It might work, but do you really feel the need to trick your kid? It seems to me you might be afraid of the aftermath, but it will only get worse the longer it's put off. I just feel like, if there's an issue, the best way to deal with it is head on. Someone is doing your kid wrong, and you don't want to let him know, I don't understand why not. If you were seeing someone and he found out you were being cheated on, how would you feel if he kept it from you? Just sit down with him, like mother and son, like adult and young adult, and tell him what you know.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
It might work, but do you really feel the need to trick your kid? It seems to me you might be afraid of the aftermath, but it will only get worse the longer it's put off. I just feel like, if there's an issue, the best way to deal with it is head on. Someone is doing your kid wrong, and you don't want to let him know, I don't understand why not. If you were seeing someone and he found out you were being cheated on, how would you feel if he kept it from you? Just sit down with him, like mother and son, like adult and young adult, and tell him what you know.
No Im starting to feel worse now lol. Its not easy when my friend lets me know everytime " shes over there "

So ummm should I send him over there while theyre being intimate to catch them in the act or just whenever ???

Old 11-08-2018, 05:05 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,273 times
Quote:
No Im starting to feel worse now lol. Its not easy when my friend lets me know everytime " shes over there "

So ummm should I send him over there while theyre being intimate to catch them in the act or just whenever ???
It's up to you, but I think it would be more traumatic for him to catch them in the act,than if his mother sat him down and discussed it with him. I wouldn't send him out of the house on this windy smokey day, but thats another issue all together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting