Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2018, 01:58 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
It a way to make money to fund the things I do want to do.
Once I’ve attended classes for awhile and I start to feel comfortable I can start to go audition.
Nashville is booming and I’m going to capitalize on it.
You can't hold a regular job with your bad back, but you can dance? Good luck.

Old 12-29-2018, 01:58 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
I’m not. I hate this house. It pisses me off.
All he and I can do is pay off our debts from our early 20s improve our credit scores and get a mortgage for a house once we both have good scores and a decent down payment.

He’s been at his job for a year and a half ish now and things are finally starting to turn around financially.
He was able to get approved for a truck loan.
Next is a home loan.

Since he’s gotten this last job we’ve been doing smart things and being responsible.
We don’t eat out, we don’t go to the movie theatres, the clothes I got for Christmas are the first clothes I’ve gotten in a long time.
Lord have mercy. You're both broke & he gets a truck loan?????

And a home loan? Do you understand what that entails? It's not just a down payment. Not to mention you're not married nor working. YOU won't be getting ANY loans.

Quote:
No I planned on using some of my money to do acting and dance classes. Since I’ll be spending a lot of time in Nashville anyways I’ll be right there where all the dance studios are. I could just head down earlier than the bars let out. Usually these places open at 5pm from what their websites say.
Ok, I'm a dance teacher. Many of my students are pro performers. What are you taking classes for? Dance at 30 is mostly for fun.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:02 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
It a way to make money to fund the things I do want to do.
Once I’ve attended classes for awhile and I start to feel comfortable I can start to go audition.
Nashville is booming and I’m going to capitalize on it.
So his money is to support both of you and dig out of the financial hole you got yourselves into, while your only responsibility is to make a little money to do things you want to do.

Got it.

He might tire of this arrangement sooner than you expect.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So his money is to support both of you and dig out of the financial hole you got yourselves into, while your only responsibility is to make a little money to do things you want to do.

Got it.

I'm surprised he hasn't tired of it already. We'll see what happens when they aren't living rent-free any more.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:14 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
You can't hold a regular job with your bad back, but you can dance? Good luck.
I’m doing physical therapy.
My therapist suggested it and swimming in lieu of running and weight training.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Got it.

I never got us into a financial hole. He has his own debt and I have mine. He’s fixing his.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I’m doing physical therapy.
My therapist suggested it and swimming in lieu of running and weight training.
There's a difference between professional dancing and dancing for exercise and fun at 30. I don't want to be a naysayer, but professional dancers at your age have been doing it for 25 years.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:20 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
I never got us into a financial hole. He has his own debt and I have mine. He’s fixing his.
Seriously?

Your car accident and medical bills? When was the last time you contributed financially to household expenses? How do you eat? Where is the car you are using for Uber?

Old 12-29-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Lord have mercy. You're both broke & he gets a truck loan?????

And a home loan? Do you understand what that entails? It's not just a down payment. Not to mention you're not married nor working. YOU won't be getting ANY loans.

Ok, I'm a dance teacher. Many of my students are pro performers. What are you taking classes for? Dance at 30 is mostly for fun.
He got a truck loan because he had an 89 Ford F-150 that kept breaking down and with his line of work he needed a reliable truck.
So he got one.
Hes just finishing paying back his sister for helping him with the repairs to his old truck that’s still broken and in a few payments he’ll be done paying back a boss for a work trailer he purchased.

After that all he has is his truck payment af far as debt.

I have medical debt.

I’m taking classes because I want to learn and it’s a form of exercise.
Plus it might come in handy with acting.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Seriously?

Your car accident and medical bills? When was the last time you contributed financially to household expenses? How do you eat? Where is the car you are using for Uber?
He buys groceries?
In the driveway? I’ve had my own car since I was 21.
He didn’t buy my car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting