Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 10:30 AM

Location: Forest Service Cabin-90% of the yr. Sis & I inherited it and I bought her out.
175 posts, read 125,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawkins803 View Post
FrugalFox, I believe in God, but you can keep your Jesus Christ and your bible quotes. That is NOT what I call my God. I could say a lot about your comments, but I won"t. Keep your spiritual guidance, because everybody can not guide you, and you surely can"t guide me. Keep your prayers for yourself. I reject them and you.
Alright I'll do what you say. FTR, you brought up GOD in the first place. Over and over. Hence the direction of my post //www.city-data.com/forum/54260301-post11.html. Sorry I misunderstood you were a Christian at first.

My parents "let us be free" but they are still being loving parents to both of us. Your wording "letting her be free" as the definition of turning your back...cutting her off... all of this hate mixed it... sorry but, it. is. sinister

She is carrying a child, your kin. Her mental state affects the health of the baby. You cutting her off is enough for an emotional breakdown, deformities, mis-carriages, etc. This is not the time to cut her off in every way, emotionally and financially. It is comforting your grandchild parents are taking care of your teenager.

Sometimes psychiatrists can help the mind when it becomes ill by prescribing medication.
Just like we take for our body when it becomes ill. No difference. I won't be back to the thread, so you know. Good luck

Last edited by FrugalFox; 03-01-2019 at 11:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 02:12 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
Op, I do feel for you, as for those condemning the op, she said "I let her go" not cutting her out of her life. Also if she left home and showed her mother disrespect I don't blame the op for not sending money. I'm sure if her daughter is starving or thrown out the op will be there for her.

Op, just let her know that you will always love her and be there when she is ready. Right now emotions are high and both of you need to step back and cool off. You don't want to be absent from your grandchild s life so try and keep communication open, don't forget her birthday or Christmas. She may possibly marry her boyfriend so I would advise finding a common ground for the sake of your grandchild.
I feel the same.

My heart goes out to mom here. I’m following along for updates. Our family went through this same thing. Emotions run incredibly high.

I’m completely in agreement with not giving money.

We have to remember that daughter chose to take herself out of the child role and put herself into the parent role. With that role comes great responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting