Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 06:47 AM

23 posts, read 77,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You better be very sure if you make call to CPS because your marriage will suffer. Your hub will know it was you.
Thank you. He and I will make this decision together. We also stand to lose a significant inheritance if we do move forward with allegations. I hope that makes clear to you and others how troubled I genuinely am by her behavior. One respondent recognizes several red flags for intergenerational sexual trauma in the same description other people think is harmless. What a tough situation to sort through!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 06:54 AM

23 posts, read 77,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I totally agree that it's tough to picture someone holding a child by his penis through diapers and clothing, it's like trying to hold something through a pillow.
Yeah, sounds like a hold a lot of parents make, video for reference, notice how often this dad's hands come into contact with buttocks/crotch area. I don't see anything nefarious there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIvZHPeYy6Q
Sorry, but I don’t see the part where this gentleman in the video is affectionately tapping this child’s private. Or restraining his movement by cupping his crotch. Different thing entirely.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:35 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Onymous View Post

We also stand to lose a significant inheritance if we do move forward with allegations.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:04 AM

11,060 posts, read 12,452,032 times
I understand wanting to give her benefit of the doubt, but this is seriously not ok. Who knows where it goes from there. Kids are really moldable, you really can't afford to take this risk.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:09 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
I'm trying to imagine being an adult and working my way through repressed sexual abuse with a therapist, and finding out my aunt didn't want to say anything because she thought she might lose out on an inheritance.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:26 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I don’t see the part where this gentleman in the video is affectionately tapping this child’s private. Or restraining his movement by cupping his crotch. Different thing entirely.
In your response to me, that's not what you said is happening. You said she was holding him BY THE LEG. These are 2 completely different things.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:44 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
If you were talking about a 3-year old girl, and your father-in-law was constantly finding flimsy reasons to touch her vagina, what would be your reaction to that? Would you really need to ask whether it was appropriate?
Exactly.

If this were a man doing the same thing, we wouldn't even be having this thread. The man would be sitting prison right now.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:20 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Exactly.

If this were a man doing the same thing, we wouldn't even be having this thread. The man would be sitting prison right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
If you were talking about a 3-year old girl, and your father-in-law was constantly finding flimsy reasons to touch her vagina, what would be your reaction to that? Would you really need to ask whether it was appropriate?
Exactly. If this were a man he would be in prison or there would be a crowd with pitchforks and torches outside his house. It's no different if a woman is doing it.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:34 AM

16,074 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
You notice where his hand is? That's my point, that just because an adult may hold an infant or toddler with their hand in the crotch area does not automatically mean something untoward is going on. Sometimes it is nothing more than getting a grip on a squirmy child. I don't know your experience around toddlers so AFAIK maybe you don't see it much and it causes you undue concern. OTOH we can't see what you see either, all I'm saying is you need to be certain that you aren't making accusations over a common behavior.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:05 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I'm trying to imagine being an adult and working my way through repressed sexual abuse with a therapist, and finding out my aunt didn't want to say anything because she thought she might lose out on an inheritance.
Right?!

OP you need to just call her out when she is doing it. If you see it again tell her right then and there. Don’t leave her alone with your son, you aren’t comfortable, you think something may be going on. Trust your gut. A mother’s intuition should be listened to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting