Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 08:57 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
2 years, 7 months, 6 days, 5 hours and 33 minutes. Anything older than that is just plain sick.

Its her daughter so she's too old for that when she says she's too old for that. What a non-issue.
She decides what is right for her family. Forcing her daughter to change in public at age 15 will be her choice as the mother, and no one else can judge her for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 09:07 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
She decides what is right for her family. Forcing her daughter to change in public at age 15 will be her choice as the mother, and no one else can judge her for that.

Complain when it happens.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:27 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,722,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I was recently at a beach where it was very busy. While I was there, I saw a mom help change her daughter out of her swimsuit into dry clothes in full view of everyone around them. This young girl looked to be about 6-7 years old and was quite overweight. I had noticed the girl was starting to develop in her chest area.

At the beach there's nice changing stalls near the bathrooms for that purpose. Even if the kid didn't care about changing in front of everyone, I thought it was very inappropriate. The mom was there with 2 other ladies and children. She could of been more discreet about it. Never know if some weirdo may be lurking around the beach. I was a bit disgusted by it.

I think once the kids are out of diapers or pull-ups, kids shouldn't be changing in full view of everyone especially if they're starting to develop. I felt bad for the young girl being exposed like that in front of everyone.
If there are changing stalls at the beach, it is inappropriate regardless of age. (Maybe I'd forgive it for a child of less than 5, if at least two adults were able to fully hold up towels that would provide privacy.)

I don't understand some people. They just have no morals or sense of propriety.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:38 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,863,133 times
At age 5, I remember going to the beach and my parents held large towels around me so that I could change in privacy. I remember that I was already upset at that age, at the thought of being seen by others in the park or on the beach while changing. Those were MY OWN feelings about it, at that age.

I wonder if that little girl's feelings of embarassment were being ignored by her parents.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:08 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
If there are changing stalls at the beach, it is inappropriate regardless of age. (Maybe I'd forgive it for a child of less than 5, if at least two adults were able to fully hold up towels that would provide privacy.)

I don't understand some people. They just have no morals or sense of propriety.
Morals???? Your definition...not mine. So many here making the body sound like it is to be shamed....sad.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:10 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Not sure why you are so up in arms about it.

So what--we don't have nudes on regular beaches in America. I find it a bit disrespectful that a parent would strip down a seven year old in front of people on a beach. It is not common in America--it just isn't. We are not in Europe.

I didn't go walking around in shorts in Egypt. I had some respect for the Culture. I didn't make fun of them. I just went along with the Culture. When in Rome, do as the Romans.
And I don't know why so many here feel the body is to be shamed.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:43 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,246,096 times
If at the beach you're fine with a fit young adult woman wearing a bikini that barely covers her breasts and a tiny bikini bottom then you should be fine with a prepubescent little girl changing quickly.on the beach.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I was recently at a beach where it was very busy. While I was there, I saw a mom help change her daughter out of her swimsuit into dry clothes in full view of everyone around them. This young girl looked to be about 6-7 years old and was quite overweight. I had noticed the girl was starting to develop in her chest area.

At the beach there's nice changing stalls near the bathrooms for that purpose. Even if the kid didn't care about changing in front of everyone, I thought it was very inappropriate. The mom was there with 2 other ladies and children. She could of been more discreet about it. Never know if some weirdo may be lurking around the beach. I was a bit disgusted by it.
Yeah, there could be weirdos staring at a young girls chest... Disgusting indeed.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:12 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
Many people may think that there is nothing wrong with this young girl changing at the beach. That's fine. But I think the real issue here is that in this day and age with all the wackos out there better safe than sorry. It's really about safety to me.
What do you think is going to happen that would make changing a safety concern?

Old 06-23-2019, 12:20 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
At age 5, I remember going to the beach and my parents held large towels around me so that I could change in privacy. I remember that I was already upset at that age, at the thought of being seen by others in the park or on the beach while changing. Those were MY OWN feelings about it, at that age.

I wonder if that little girl's feelings of embarassment were being ignored by her parents.

Who taught you or her to be embarrassed? The appropriate response to her nakedness is no response at all. The kind of response we see here (over-reaction to a normal, natural thing) is what causes embarrassment in the first place. Why in the world should a 6 year old have to be self-conscious or embarrassed because of the senseless, prudish overreaction of adults?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting