Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 11:59 AM

453 posts, read 300,999 times

Advertisements

She ASKED so the answer is no.

What's the problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 12:48 PM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Um. This is the dad. The mom is fine with it. It sometimes helps to read the OP.
I could really care less.

Old 11-04-2022, 05:56 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
She's 21 now people. Hopefully at this point she's out of the house and the parents just have to deal with it. Is nobody going to ask why the parents are so worried in general? Do they plan on seeing the piercings? If so that's a whole 'nother issue.

Old 11-04-2022, 08:07 AM

376 posts, read 320,213 times
Even though this thread is old, wondering if daughter asked just to get a rise out of dad because she knows he wouldn't like it. By now, she's probably 22/23, and it's water under the bridge. Whatever. She'll have to live with her decision, not you.

Old 11-04-2022, 05:12 PM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip-Squeak View Post
You said she is an adult and can do what she wants with her body.

Originally Posted by dr.strangelove
She is an adult, act like it. She can do whatever she wants with her body.

I provided examples of this ^^

We are talking mutilating a very sensitive body part. This is not an ear so please refrain from the generalizations regarding tattoos or piercings.

I am glad in some instances you help people. Here you fall short imho
She can do whatever she wants with her body if she is over 18 AND self supporting.

Old 11-04-2022, 08:44 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:

We are talking mutilating a very sensitive body part. This is not an ear so please refrain from the generalizations regarding tattoos or piercings.

My ears are pretty sensitive...ha. Or are you saying it's okay to "mutilate" a body part that isn't sensitive? How do you break out body parts? But I bet you don't really like any piercings other than what you have yourself.

No need to be obtuse about her being able to do "anything" with her body - anorexia isn't comparable.

Old 11-04-2022, 10:21 PM

14,762 posts, read 8,093,254 times
She is eighteen, then I am shocked she even asked or brought it up. It's really no one else's business but her
own, at that age.

She is grown and it's up to her what she wants to do with her own body.

Old 11-05-2022, 06:19 AM

2,208 posts, read 2,149,693 times
Quote:

No, you did not provide an example of this. You compared someone doing nothing different than a tattoo or ear piercing to a deadly illness of suicide. It makes you a bad person.

Piercing a nipple is not in any way mutilating a sensitive body part. That you think it is shows the foul human that you are. Its just another choice that adults make concerning their bodies. It seems to me in every instance all you want to do is control people and force them to live by your standards instead of giving them control over their bodies. Your examples show how simple it is.

Old 11-05-2022, 02:44 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,945,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Personally, I wouldn't do a thing. She's 18. She can shell out the bucks for it, and I wouldn't even bother to comment on it any further, as I wouldn't validate such a decision.
My mother always, said I could get my ears pierced when I could pay for it myself. On my 22nd birthday I called her bluff and got my ears done. She FREAKED!

Old 11-07-2022, 10:26 AM

6,457 posts, read 7,789,115 times
"it's your body but if I told you I wanted to get my nipples pierced, what would be your reaction?"

She would probably say "ewwww...Dad! That's gross". and then my reply would be "yeah, I know".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting