U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 12:42 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,102,931 times

Advertisements

You cannot 'disown' your child any more than you can your own flesh & blood (arm or leg, etc).

I have first-hand experience with this, and NOTHING 'good' EVER comes of it.

Whatever issues you may (or may not) have with your Child, whoever your Child has chosen to marry or 'pair-up' with, or whatever off-spring come as direct-result of that pairing, these are PEOPLE...and people NEED other people from time-to-time, in order to learn, grow, PROGRESS-forward in their own lives.

This is YOUR cross to bear, Ma'am, and you WILL be judged, in the end...as to how you carried yourself, in this life.

Flesh of YOUR flesh, blood of YOUR blood.

You should be REJOICING that out of literally BILLIONS of people walking this earth, she FOUND somebody, and somebody found HER.

REJOICE in her choice to commit.

Support her, by sharing your experience & wisdom, wherever/whenever it is asked for.

You cannot 'push' her out of the nest...she has already taken-flight.

REJOICE in the few-remaining years you both have together....

DO NOT leave her with ANY negative-memories, of these years YET to come.

Only THEN, On your deathbed (many years from now), will you then (hopefully) look back, and smile...before letting your last breath go.

She needs you, THEY need you...and YOU need THEM !
Rate this post positively

Old 09-25-2019, 01:04 PM

13,086 posts, read 5,749,263 times
So you have a sister AND a daughter expecting babies with high functioning autistic men.

Wow. What are the odds?

Old 09-25-2019, 01:16 PM

13 posts, read 8,932 times
No. My daughter is my son's sister.

Old 09-25-2019, 01:47 PM

2,667 posts, read 1,544,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybyrd96 View Post
No. My daughter is my son's sister.
But that is not what you said in another post. You said your sister is having a baby with her autistic boyfriend in the post about the baby shower. In this post you said your daughter is expecting with her autistic boyfriend and then in parenthesis you say son in law. Please reread your posts and be clearer on who is who.

Old 09-25-2019, 01:52 PM

23,470 posts, read 9,586,131 times
Tony - before we get into a heartfelt discussion about this baby, can you clarify why you first called the mother your sister and now you're calling her your daughter?

I'm going to assume this mother to be is actually your sister, because that kind of sibling relationship is VERY common, where the milestones of a sibling are ignored or denigrated.

Your relationship to the baby's dad isn't really important here, since you don't state he's done anything offensive.

So. In general, why do you have this rivalry with your sister?

Old 09-25-2019, 04:25 PM

13 posts, read 8,932 times
No. That's my daughter.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:33 PM

16,017 posts, read 24,467,168 times
So OP which is it? Daughter or sister?

//www.city-data.com/forum/paren...by-shower.html

Old 09-25-2019, 04:37 PM

22,164 posts, read 27,295,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybyrd96 View Post
I disowned my daughter. I'm upset that she is expecting a child with her high functioning autistic boyfriend (my son in law). She's upset with me. Was it the right thing to do?
Why would you do something like that. She’s her own person not your slave.

My mom didn’t want me to marry my wife. I told her I don’t give a f what you want. I have my own life. And these were my actual words. My fiancée, my moms husband and everyone else. I didn’t really care what my mom wanted.

Why do people think because they gave birth to a child that they are forever going to control that child’s life. I old tell you to take a hike also. Go ahead disown me.

Someday when you’re old and gray you’re gonna want to see what your bloodline produced. Your daughter may tell you that she disowned you. And I wouldn’t blame her.

Old 09-25-2019, 05:22 PM

13,339 posts, read 15,950,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
So OP which is it? Daughter or sister?

//www.city-data.com/forum/paren...by-shower.html
Somebody gets the Magnum PI, Rockford Files, Columbo and Barnaby Jones award!

Old 09-25-2019, 06:22 PM

19,400 posts, read 21,457,479 times
Unless your daughter is 14 or 15 years old and you will be responsible for supporting and raising her child, it is none of your business except to be happy for your daughter and your grandchild's father,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting