U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-16-2019, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
24,538 posts, read 29,596,444 times
Reputation: 30499

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withinpines View Post
Wrong. They have intact immune systems BECAUSE they've received no vaccines. Rabies vaccines are mandated ONLY as a means of protecting humans in the unlikely event the dog SHOULD contract rabies. How cruddy is that? Dogs are made to needlessly suffer ONLY to protect us? Bats are the only carrier of rabies where I live. Google this, so you're better informed. Look up the rabies stats where you live. Many people no longer vaccinate their pets for the same reasons they no longer vaccinate their children or themselves....
People (and pets) who are vaccinated have "intact immune systems", too.

You think there is no possibility your pet could be exposed to a rabid bat?

 
Old 11-16-2019, 11:04 PM
 
111 posts, read 27,195 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
People (and pets) who are vaccinated have "intact immune systems", too.

You think there is no possibility your pet could be exposed to a rabid bat?
If they supposedly were to have had "intact immune systems", then please explain why my son's brain swelled after receiving vaccinations? And why my dog seized each time he received vaccinations? Have YOU been exposed to a rabid bat?
 
Old 11-16-2019, 11:08 PM
 
111 posts, read 27,195 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
People (and pets) who are vaccinated have "intact immune systems", too.

You think there is no possibility your pet could be exposed to a rabid bat?
If they supposedly were to have had "intact immune systems", then please explain why my son's brain swelled after receiving vaccinations? And why my dog seized each time he received vaccinations? Have YOU been exposed to a rabid bat?
 
Old 11-16-2019, 11:12 PM
 
Location: North Dakota
7,978 posts, read 9,516,549 times
Reputation: 11773
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No need for cursing. Join reality. No tin foil hat needed. How many vaccines is enough? Do you have an answer? Or just pathetic cursing and insults instead of any contribution to the discussion?
Once again, science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Why is being able to prevent more infections that cause misery and can cause permanent disability and death a Bad Thing?
I've never understood this either. It goes to show you that natural selection is still in effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You approve of posters cursing at other posters? Apparently so.
A little delicate aren't we?
 
Old 11-17-2019, 08:28 AM
 
9,222 posts, read 2,683,959 times
Reputation: 10335
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Why is being able to prevent more infections that cause misery and can cause permanent disability and death a Bad Thing?
Why is supporting freedom of choice and parental rights and medical freedom a bad thing? Why is anti-mandatory forced drug treatment a bad thing?
 
Old 11-17-2019, 08:31 AM
 
9,222 posts, read 2,683,959 times
Reputation: 10335
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post


A little delicate aren't we?
Nope. Cursing out posters is against TOS and is also a sign of complete ignorance and bullying.
Do you support those who don't follow TOS and act as bullies on CD? Think that behavior is just peachy keen? Apparently. I look forward to you cursing at me in your response.
 
Old 11-17-2019, 09:48 AM
 
2,165 posts, read 997,548 times
Reputation: 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withinpines View Post
Wrong. They have intact immune systems BECAUSE they've received no vaccines. Rabies vaccines are mandated ONLY as a means of protecting humans in the unlikely event the dog SHOULD contract rabies. How cruddy is that? Dogs are made to needlessly suffer ONLY to protect us? Bats are the only carrier of rabies where I live. Google this, so you're better informed. Look up the rabies stats where you live. Many people no longer vaccinate their pets for the same reasons they no longer vaccinate their children or themselves....
I know way more about the risks of rabies than you, having lived in places where I had to have the rabies vaccine due to a high incidence in the local animal population. Where I live now, we have bats, raccoons, coyotes and other rabies reservoir animals, so all of our pets have been vaccinated.

Your so called "intact immune system" is meaningless. It doesn't protect against tetanus, polio, smallpox, flu, colds, or any of the other diseases. The only protection against diseases is exposure and creation of antibodies. There is a lot of evidence that the 1918 flu pandemic actually killed more people with strong immune systems than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why is supporting freedom of choice and parental rights and medical freedom a bad thing? Why is anti-mandatory forced drug treatment a bad thing?
You don't get to decide that you aren't going to risk the health of others because you have some irrational fear of vaccines.
 
Old 11-17-2019, 10:13 AM
 
Location: North Dakota
7,978 posts, read 9,516,549 times
Reputation: 11773
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Nope. Cursing out posters is against TOS and is also a sign of complete ignorance and bullying.
Do you support those who don't follow TOS and act as bullies on CD? Think that behavior is just peachy keen? Apparently. I look forward to you cursing at me in your response.
Oh goodness gracious, I'm so sorry from the bottom of my heart I deeply offended you. Please accept my apologies. I'm losing sleep over this.
 
Old 11-17-2019, 10:36 AM
Status: "Happy New Year!" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
88,710 posts, read 105,100,722 times
Reputation: 34189
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Oh goodness gracious, I'm so sorry from the bottom of my heart I deeply offended you. Please accept my apologies. I'm losing sleep over this.
 
Old 11-17-2019, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
11,443 posts, read 18,038,117 times
Reputation: 29286
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Why is being able to prevent more serious infections a Bad Thing?



Vaccine makers hold no liability for adverse reactions that are not due to a defect in the vaccine.

Should peanut growers be liable for a serious allergic reaction to peanuts?



Stop vaccinating and vaccine preventable disease come roaring back, like measles in Europe after Wakefield's greedy, fraudulent "study".



How did the first rotavirus vaccine come to be removed from the market?

Why does the vaccine compensation fund exist?



Chickenpox generally causes a generalized rash; shingles is usually confined to the distribution of one or a couple of nearby nerves. They look different.



How many SIDS deaths had no relation to a vaccination?



How did the first rotavirus vaccine come to be removed from the market?

Why does the vaccine compensation fund exist?
Suzy, do you know if I’m more likely to get shingles again as an adult since I had it at 6 years old? I know insurance won’t pay for the vaccine until I’m 50, but I could pay for it myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:21 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top