U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2019, 03:45 AM

24,499 posts, read 29,529,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Pittsburgh Jewish Chronicle tried to get in touch with this "purported Jewish organization" and were unsuccessful. https://jewishchronicle.timesofisrae...dox-community/
Just want to point out that you mean the people who produced the pamphlet, not the Orthodox Jewish Nurses Association.

Very interesting link.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:45 AM

7,229 posts, read 8,457,126 times
This is silly. There are die-hard vaxxers here who want to force others to do as they believe right, even if it means forcing them against their will, give up liberty in the name of science, I guess.

Then there are anti-vaxxers, some of whom have vaccine-injured children, who want none of it.

If you are in the latter group and worry that your state will remove exemptions, or that your child will be kept out of public school, consider this:

Withdraw your child from school. Don't be a victim. School districts depend on funding, which is distributed by the number of students. Fewer students, less money. Just how long do you think withdrawals will be gladly accepted? Not very long, I'd wager.

You had control all along. You still do. Do what is best for your own child, and not under duress.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:36 PM

6,122 posts, read 2,724,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
A contraindication means that if the patient has that issue, they shouldn't get vaccinated. That has nothing to do with what we've been discussing, and, in fact, those would be the folks that could get a disease and die because an unvaccinated child exposed them.
So you focus on the one contradiction I wrote about & not the fact that autoimmune disorders are correlated to vaccines?

And as demonstrated in recent outbreaks; vaccinated children are both catching & transmitting VPDs.

Quote:
I don't have a fear of vaccinations because I stand a much higher chance of dying from the disease than I do from the vaccination. Would you have avoided the smallpox vaccination, when smallpox has a mortality rate of 60% or more in some populations. I would much rather have been able to have vaccinations against measles, rubella, and chickenpox than to have had the diseases, but the vaccines weren't available when I was an infant, so I ended up having the diseases. My Mom's brother would have loved to ahve had the mumps vaccine available, rather than becoming sterile from the disease.
I personally will have to avoid all vaccines.

Are you saying you caught the measles & lived to tell the tale? Imagine that. And lucky you; you don't have to have the vaccine.

You have an uncle who was sterile. My daughter died. I don't think this is the hill you want to die on.

Quote:
Vaccines cause death and disability in a very small percentage of patients, far smaller than the number that suffer death or disability from the diseases.
That is what you think; as that is what you are told. You are told that based on epidemiology that couldn't correlate gravity to a falling object. You want to believe it because you vaccinate; the same way smokers were the first one's to say that smoking hadn't been proven to be causing lung cancer.

All the Big Tobacco epidemiology in the world couldn't convince the families who had actually lost a loved-one to lung cancer; that the science was correct. Because it wasn't. And it's not now, either.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The proposed law was precipitated by the measles outbreaks in Orthodox Jewish communities this past year. People were being deliberately exposed to measles. Infected and exposed persons would not stay home.

You may want to thank the anti-vaxers who interfered with control of the outbreaks for the new law.

"Detention", by the way, means quarantine. It is an old concept for the control of infectious disease outbreaks.
They were not trying to keep sick people at home. They were trying to keep healthy, unvaccinated people at home.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:03 PM

111 posts, read 26,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m sure that vaccination laws play a small role in some people’s decision to homeschool. I sure hope that if the laws surrounding vaccines become as strict as the laws in NY and CA in every state that legislators won’t start targeting homeschoolers and requiring hat they get vaccinated for everything on the schedule, or else. I worry about that. People should have choice when it comes to their body and medical interventions.
I agree. My son is sidelined. No public school, athletics, art classes etc. There's a risk his brain could swell again after vaccination. This article lists vaccines linked to brain swelling https://www.mctlaw.com/vaccine-injur...cine-reaction/ and states "There have been 1,122 cases of encephalitis (including brain stem encephalitis) reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)." It lists other common adverse vaccine reactions.

Last edited by Withinpines; 11-18-2019 at 11:19 PM..

Old 11-18-2019, 11:33 PM

7,682 posts, read 4,255,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withinpines View Post
I agree. My son is sidelined. No public school, athletics, art classes etc. There's a risk his brain could swell again after vaccination. This article lists vaccines linked to brain swelling https://www.mctlaw.com/vaccine-injur...cine-reaction/ and states "There have been 1,122 cases of encephalitis (including brain stem encephalitis) reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)." It lists other common adverse vaccine reactions.
I hardly believe that an advertisement from a law firm (not an article) should be acceptable or appropriate as evidence in a discussion of medical practices.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
They were not trying to keep sick people at home. They were trying to keep healthy, unvaccinated people at home.

They were trying to keep healthy, unvaccinated people at home who had been exposed to measles and could infect other people before they had any symptoms at all. Ninety percent of those who are susceptible get infected.

They were also deliberately exposing susceptible people.

Old 11-19-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They were trying to keep healthy, unvaccinated people at home who had been exposed to measles and could infect other people before they had any symptoms at all. Ninety percent of those who are susceptible get infected.

They were also deliberately exposing susceptible people.
Vaccinated people were also catching & were contagious with Measles. Why wasn't everybody ordered to stay home?

Old 11-19-2019, 11:01 AM

3,643 posts, read 6,407,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withinpines View Post
How many homeschool because immunization laws prevent your child from attending school? Has your child suffered vaccine injury?

We've homeschooled 5 years because we wanted more flexibility in travel and learning. We are atheist homeschoolers heavily into science, accurate information etc. and my daughter is completely up to date on all her vaccines and will remain so. We don't congregate with those who do not immunize. I have MS and autoimmue issues. I also don't allow my daughter around crazy people pushing a nonsensical conspiracy theory.

Old 11-19-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Vaccinated people were also catching & were contagious with Measles. Why wasn't everybody ordered to stay home?
Those who are vaccinated have about a 3% chance of becoming infected. They also tend to have less severe disease and rarely give it to someone else. In fact, a vaccinated person infecting another person is so rare that an outbreak started in 2011 by such a person generated a detailed investigation and this report:

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/58/9/1205/2895266
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or