U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2019, 12:55 PM

88,684 posts, read 105,067,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Vaccinated people were also catching & were contagious with Measles. Why wasn't everybody ordered to stay home?
In Rockland County, 9% of measles cases had 1 or 2 doses of vaccines. In fact, only 3.2% had the full two dose series. The other 91% had none, or had unknown status. These stats are similar to what has been seen in other outbreaks, both here and in Europe, that is, in developed countries. It is very rare, to the point of being written up in the medical literature, for someone who has been vaccinated to transmit measles. There has been one known case, EVER.
County of Rockland, New York :: Measles Information
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014...ent-first-time

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 11-19-2019 at 02:08 PM..

Old 11-19-2019, 01:55 PM

7,322 posts, read 4,875,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
We've homeschooled 5 years because we wanted more flexibility in travel and learning. We are atheist homeschoolers heavily into science, accurate information etc. and my daughter is completely up to date on all her vaccines and will remain so. We don't congregate with those who do not immunize. I have MS and autoimmue issues. I also don't allow my daughter around crazy people pushing a nonsensical conspiracy theory.
This.

Though the majority of homeschoolers in our area, especially through charters, choose homeschooling to avoid vaccination requirements and for religious reasons.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
This.

Though the majority of homeschoolers in our area, especially through charters, choose homeschooling to avoid vaccination requirements and for religious reasons.
Charter schools are part of the public school system, which has mandates in every state. How do they get away with that?

Old 11-19-2019, 04:08 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,406,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Charter schools are part of the public school system, which has mandates in every state. How do they get away with that?
They might be a part of the public school system in some states, but not all of them. They aren't a part of the public school system in my county.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
They might be a part of the public school system in some states, but not all of them. They aren't a part of the public school system in my county.
I never heard of a "charter school" that wasn't part of the public school system. In some states, schools can get a charter directly from the state, but they're still public schools. In any event, the mandates apply to private schools too.
https://www.publiccharters.org/about-charter-schools
"Charter schools are public, tuition-free schools that are open to all students. Often operated independently from the traditional school district, charter schools provide high-quality instruction from teachers who have the autonomy to design a classroom that fits their students' needs."

Now this is a rah-rah site, but they have the definition right.

Old 11-19-2019, 05:02 PM

6,137 posts, read 2,739,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
We've homeschooled 5 years because we wanted more flexibility in travel and learning. We are atheist homeschoolers heavily into science, accurate information etc. and my daughter is completely up to date on all her vaccines and will remain so. We don't congregate with those who do not immunize. I have MS and autoimmue issues. I also don't allow my daughter around crazy people pushing a nonsensical conspiracy theory.
I see that's worked well for you.

Quote:
There is a clear indication that vaccination can & potentially does have auto-immune side effects & can even trigger a full-blown autoimmune disease, although quite rare. https://www.ima.org.il/FilesUpload/IMAJ/0/52/26159.pdf
Oh, it's always rare until it's YOU.

Quote:
Common clinical characteristics were observed among 93 patients diagnosed with immune-mediated conditions post-HBV vaccine, suggesting a common denominator in these diseases. In addition, risk factors such as history of autoimmune diseases and the appearance of adverse event(s) during immunization may serve to predict the risk of post-immunization diseases. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22235045
Quote:
Adjuvants have recently been implicated in the new syndrome named "ASIA-Autoimmune/inflammatory Syndrome Induced by Adjuvants", which describes an umbrella of clinical conditions including post-vaccination adverse reactions. Recent studies implicate a web of mechanisms in the development of vaccine adjuvant-induced autoimmune diseases, in particular, in those associated with aluminium-based compounds.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26031899
I mean; really?

Cue the Q for some F. DeStefano studies ...

Old 11-19-2019, 05:15 PM

6,137 posts, read 2,739,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
This is silly. There are die-hard vaxxers here who want to force others to do as they believe right, even if it means forcing them against their will, give up liberty in the name of science, I guess.

Then there are anti-vaxxers, some of whom have vaccine-injured children, who want none of it.

If you are in the latter group and worry that your state will remove exemptions, or that your child will be kept out of public school, consider this:

Withdraw your child from school. Don't be a victim. School districts depend on funding, which is distributed by the number of students. Fewer students, less money. Just how long do you think withdrawals will be gladly accepted? Not very long, I'd wager.

You had control all along. You still do. Do what is best for your own child, and not under duress.
You are absolutely right. Some schools have lost as much as 20% enrollment. I wonder if they waited until after 'count day' to exclude the unvaccinated students?

If so that is outright fraud.

A friend since middle-school is a SPED teacher in a neighboring district. She says about half of her students are documented as vaccine injured. There goes the Medicaid funding too; those parents would not let a vax come into the same room as their kid. They would be gone in a heartbeat.

I'm very lucky that our school district has people in it with intact critical-thinking skills & I will never be bothered again.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:23 PM

24,523 posts, read 29,578,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I see that's worked well for you.
How has it not?

Quote:
Oh, it's always rare until it's YOU.
That it happens to YOU does not make it less rare. The incidence of the leukemia my son had is about 4 to 5 in 100,000 kids under age 15 per year. That he was one of those 4 to 5 does not change the incidence.

Quote:
I mean; really?
Shoenfeld? I mean; really?

ASIA is so vague that anyone and everyone has it:

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/medi...accine-action/

"Repeatedly attributing to vaccines risks that the evidence does not support is the hallmark of the anti-vaccine activist. It is incorrect, today, to describe Dr. Shoenfeld as anything but an anti-vaccine activist, and his latest act – using his position as editor-in-chief to publish a glowing review of an anti-vaccine pamphlet – just reinforces that."

Old 11-19-2019, 06:48 PM

5,212 posts, read 11,389,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Because the vaccine schedule is out of control and growing every year. And because of the school mandate and lack of choice, parents feel the medical decisions for their own children are now mandatory. That they don't have a choice.

There are also 1500 ongoing clinical trials for VACCINES right now. More, more, more .... there is no END to the number of vaccines that can be produced and mandated.

That's why there is a debate. Now.

Here's just one breakdown of how they get up to 72-76 doses of vaccines by the time they are 18. This gets confused because some shots are combined doses. That doesn't mean "fewer vaccines." It just means they are getting them in a combined shot. It's used to "lower" the number of vaccines to make it look like kids aren't getting that many.

13 types of vaccine shots, including:
5 doses of DTaP
4 doses of IPV (polio)
3 or 4 doses of hepatitis B
3 or 4 doses of Hib (the number of doses depends on the vaccine brand used)
4 doses of Prevnar,
2 or 3 doses of rotavirus (the number of doses depends on the vaccine brand used)
2 doses of MMR
2 doses of Varivax (chicken pox)
2 doses of hepatitis A
1 doses of Tdap
2 or 3 doses of HPV (the number of doses depends on the age you start the vaccine series)
2 doses of MCV4 (meningococcal vaccine)
yearly influenza vaccines

these cover 16 diseases, including diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, measles, mumps, rubella, polio, chicken pox, pneumococcal disease, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, meningococcal disease, HPV, rotavirus, Hib, and flu

about 28 doses of those vaccines by age two years (with yearly flu shots)

about 35 doses of those vaccines by age five years (with yearly flu shots). This could look like 23 individual shots by age five years if your child is getting combination vaccines, like Pediarix or Pentacel and Kinrix or Quadracel and Proquad
Who decided the vaccine schedule is "out of control"??

You???

Who cares if there are 1500 studies of vaccines currently ongoing....I wish the number were 3 x that

There is NOTHING wrong with the current vaccine schedule for infants and children, it is safe, appropriate and effective.

Countless lives have been saved due to vaccination programs....not even debatable

Vaccines are one of science's greatest achievements....preventing disease by recruiting the immune system to recognize pathogens and defend the host..

The nonsense from anti-vaxxers about "harming the immune system"?? Ridiculous...

There is no "harm" from "challenging" the immune system.....the immune system is challenged every day whether you avoid vaccines are not...unless you live in a bubble...

There is a reason immunosuppressed folks are at risk for death and disease on a daily basis and it isn't because someone is chasing them around with a syringe looking to jab them....its because a functioning immune system is necessary to fight off daily assaults from antigens in the great wide world...

If homeschoolers want to avoid vaccination fine....just keep those little Petri dishes out of museums, movie theaters, malls and everywhere else where rational parents congregate with their children...

Old 11-20-2019, 06:15 AM

7,055 posts, read 3,884,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Who decided the vaccine schedule is "out of control"??

You???

Who cares if there are 1500 studies of vaccines currently ongoing....I wish the number were 3 x that

There is NOTHING wrong with the current vaccine schedule for infants and children, it is safe, appropriate and effective.

Countless lives have been saved due to vaccination programs....not even debatable

Vaccines are one of science's greatest achievements....preventing disease by recruiting the immune system to recognize pathogens and defend the host..

The nonsense from anti-vaxxers about "harming the immune system"?? Ridiculous...

There is no "harm" from "challenging" the immune system.....the immune system is challenged every day whether you avoid vaccines are not...unless you live in a bubble...

There is a reason immunosuppressed folks are at risk for death and disease on a daily basis and it isn't because someone is chasing them around with a syringe looking to jab them....its because a functioning immune system is necessary to fight off daily assaults from antigens in the great wide world...

If homeschoolers want to avoid vaccination fine....just keep those little Petri dishes out of museums, movie theaters, malls and everywhere else where rational parents congregate with their children...
Maybe you need to keep those BIG Petri dishes out of musems, malls etc.,and SUPERMARKETS.

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/11/nj-h...-outbreak.html

Think this was caused by an unvaccinated home schooled "little Petri dish"? Of course every employee working with the public has gotten every vaccine on the vaccination list for children?

Hide in your home, never go to work, or out in society because you will never know who you come into contact with that might be carrying some vaccine preventable disease you might catch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or