U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2019, 11:57 AM

1,014 posts, read 396,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I have my risk; they have theirs.
I have no choice in my risk. They do. If they want to spread disease, they can choose to do it among others who are cool with it.

Old 11-20-2019, 12:08 PM

10,507 posts, read 6,166,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
Here's my anecdote:

I was fully vaccinated as a child, with what existed at the time. My parents were kids in the 40s and 50s and saw many children become permanently affected or die from diseases that have been almost eradicated by vaccines.

When I was 25 I went to work in the public school system. There was an outbreak of whooping cough in kids that hadn't been vaccinated. I had the bad luck of catching it. I survived two months of horrible illness. But I was left with asthma, chronic sinus infections and I get bronchitis or pneumonia every time I get a cold. I never had a lung issue before that whooping cough. Fortunately I get fewer colds and minor illnesses because I stopped working with kids.

Since then I have been vaccinated for some things, and then been titre tested. Guess what? My body doesn't seem to take vaccines. Yay me. People who refuse to vaccinate and put every around them at risk, and deny science, tick me off. I have been a "victim" of their ignorance and stubbornness.

How did you know the vaccination status of those who had whooping cough? I thought those records were protected by FERPA? There have been outbreaks of pertussis in schools with 100% vaccination rates.

https://ktla.com/2019/03/16/despite-...hooping-cough/

Old 11-20-2019, 12:19 PM

88,580 posts, read 104,913,484 times
Quote:
I should have been more clear; I was looking at the number of immunizations required by age 6 to start school; not the entire schedules into adolescence. Sorry about that.
Then you were incorrect about the US number. It's 40-43 doses, depending on brand of Hib and rotavirus and just how many flus, depending on the child's birthdate.

Oops! Add 4, I left off polio when I counted.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 11-20-2019 at 12:33 PM..

Old 11-20-2019, 12:43 PM

6,114 posts, read 2,712,795 times
Quote:
I have no choice in my risk. They do. If they want to spread disease, they can choose to do it among others who are cool with it.
Sad that you think my child's death was justified to protect you from getting sick.

I don't. I must not have seen you at her funeral. Surely; you came to pay your respects for one who gave all?

Would you like to come help me with my 6'5", vaccine-injured son when he gets home from school? I mean; he's vaccinated but if you are so concerned about protection you may want to bring a helmet.

For yourself. Like a motorcycle one. Full face protection. With a lot of padding.

One good turn by a herd member deserves another. Remember; his brain was sacrificed to protect you. Your turn!

Old 11-20-2019, 01:03 PM

4,573 posts, read 3,080,739 times
Quote:
Sorry you got sick, but c'mon. Be logical. No one wants to catch a disease or spread it. We are faced with risks every day, there are no guarantees.

If there were no risks to vaccines for any child, they wouldn't have a pamphlet listing the risks. If there was no risk, they wouldn't have doctors give the shots and keeping records. No doctor ever should've told you that all your vaccines were 100% effective. And there will never be 100% of the population vaccinated against everything.

When our pediatrician and family doctor decided our youngest shouldn't get any more vaccines back in the 80's and I was worried about that, they said if she got anything, they would treat her. So she had more risk than you and still has to be careful.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Sad that you think my child's death was justified to protect you from getting sick.

I don't. I must not have seen you at her funeral. Surely; you came to pay your respects for one who gave all?

Would you like to come help me with my 6'5", vaccine-injured son when he gets home from school? I mean; he's vaccinated but if you are so concerned about protection you may want to bring a helmet.

For yourself. Like a motorcycle one. Full face protection. With a lot of padding.

One good turn by a herd member deserves another. Remember; his brain was sacrificed to protect you. Your turn!
Once again (for the posters who think I'm "Hard Hearted Hannah"), I'm sorry for your problems including the loss of your daughter. Vaccines do not cause SIDS or autism. There are numerous posts all over the place here on CD about those topics.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Once again (for the posters who think I'm "Hard Hearted Hannah"), I'm sorry for your problems including the loss of your daughter. Vaccines do not cause SIDS or autism. There are numerous posts all over the place here on CD about those topics.
Yeah except for the fact that sometimes they do.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How did you know the vaccination status of those who had whooping cough? I thought those records were protected by FERPA? There have been outbreaks of pertussis in schools with 100% vaccination rates.

https://ktla.com/2019/03/16/despite-...hooping-cough/
So if records are protected by FERPA, how did the KTLA reporter know that these 50 students were all vaccinated? Riddle me that, MissT.

It has been explained to you over and over again how it happens that sometimes vaccinated people are the preponderance of pertussis cases. You have to look at the denominator. There are 1598 students in that school. That 50 got pertussis is pretty good efficacy. Assuming a 90% vaccination rate (probably low since CA tightened up its exemptions) that's 1440 vaccinated kids, or 3.4%. 96.6% efficacy is pretty darn good!
https://www.google.com/search?client...ke+high+school

Old 11-20-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
So if records are protected by FERPA, how did the KTLA reporter know that these 50 students were all vaccinated? Riddle me that, MissT.
I do not know how they got that information. Do you?

Quote:
It has been explained to you over and over again how it happens that sometimes vaccinated people are the preponderance of pertussis cases. You have to look at the denominator. There are 1598 students in that school. That 50 got pertussis is pretty good efficacy. Assuming a 90% vaccination rate (probably low since CA tightened up its exemptions) that's 1440 vaccinated kids, or 3.4%. 96.6% efficacy is pretty darn good!
https://www.google.com/search?client...ke+high+school
I was not asking how people with the pertussis vaccine can still get pertussis even when vaccinated but thank you for explaining this to whoever has never heard you state it before. I’ll remind you that 98% of the students at this school (not 90%) were vaccinated for pertussis. 100% of the students who came down with pertussis at the school were vaccinated.

https://www.bmj.com/content/366/bmj.l4460

Perhaps you missed the point of my post? I was asking the poster how they knew that students in the outbreak in their school were unvaccinated. Did they assume that they were unvaccinated or did they have documentation that they weren’t? Because people who have been vaccinated for pertussis absolutely can and do get pertussis.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:50 PM

6,114 posts, read 2,712,795 times
Quote:
I know you are not hard-hearted & on another thread, I even said that I respected you for standing up for what you believe.

But my children & I suffered greatly from vaccines, whether or not you would believe me, they/we did & still do. To hear somebody who shares my status as a non-responder state that I should essentially keep vaccinating & continue to endanger my children for THEM?

That is infuriating.

Vaccines are very capable of causing SIDS & autism.

The adjuvants permeate the blood-brain-barrier. The brain is exposed to other pathogens that bypass the normal infectious process (looking at you; Herpes 6) & the microglia cells are damaged wich impacts synaptic pruning.

There is a reason that SIDS, ASD & Alzheimers patients have the same elevated cytokine profiles & disrupted synaptic growth (obviously no synaptic pruning issues after SIDS ). They have the same etiology. And it happens to be an etiology that vaccines are capable of causing.

It just DOES work this way. I wish it didn't & I know that genes will increase the risk for it but it's a very bizarre experience to be me & have people telling me I should continue to vaccinate after this has happened.

I'm not stupid & I wouldn't lie about how it happened & it's happening to others too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or