Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 11:56 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,245,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why don't you post stats that don't come from third world countries where sanitation, hygiene, nutrition, antibiotics, shelter and clean water aren't an issue?

Or do you think that WHO stats, based on third world countries, are reflective of the how people in the US live? Water with feces, lack of food, no shelter, no antibiotics, etc?
The only stats i posted that did not pertain directly to the united states were WHO which are worldwide stats but that does not diminsh the many millions of lives that are saved by a vaccine. Many millions every single year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
CDC is just filled with former pharma employees and vice versa. I take anything they throw out there with a large grain of salt.
Yeah not at all like those health news websites that tell you you can cure polio with yarrow root or whatever. Science is real.

Vaccinate your kids people. It might just save their life.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:32 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
The only stats i posted that did not pertain directly to the united states were WHO which are worldwide stats
Again, The Who uses the data of third world countries. Is your position that the US is a third world country?

Old 11-15-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Again, The Who uses the data of third world countries. Is your position that the US is a third world country?
The WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION does not limit their statistical analysis to only 3rd world countries unless they state that in the statistic. The statistic i posted is relevant to the global population

Old 11-15-2019, 01:32 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
I thought once you get chicken pox, you become immune?
Normally that is the case. I keep catching it and the doctor has no idea why.

Old 11-15-2019, 01:41 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Generally. Many people claim to have had chickenpox 2 or more times. On rare occasions, it happens. But usually "One common reason for a child to have a 'second' attack of chickenpox is simply because the first case, or maybe the second case, was really something else that was misdiagnosed as chickenpox. . . Although a full-blown case of chickenpox is hard to miss, other viral infections and even insect bites can be misdiagnosed as mild cases of chickenpox, especially by non-medical personnel, including parents and day care workers."
https://www.verywellhealth.com/secon...en-pox-2633344
I had it twice as a child 7 & 8, and a couple years ago as an adult. All three times diagnosed by a doctor. Most adults get shingles and not chicken pox. She was scratching her head because I am the only patient she has ever had that had it multiple times. I had to go through immune system testing. I have some weirdness like major food allergies. I now have anaphylactic reactions to many foods from almost every major group and some fruits, veggies and meats. I also don’t heal properly. For instance if I get a scratch, it takes 3-4 months to heal. I have been on steroids for weeks to cure an infection in my chest and cough.

Old 11-15-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
The WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION does not limit their statistical analysis to only 3rd world countries unless they state that in the statistic. The statistic i posted is relevant to the global population
This thread is about homeschoolers in the USA.

Global stats of third world countries are irrelevant.

Old 11-15-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
This thread is about homeschoolers in the USA.

Global stats of third world countries are irrelevant.
Honestly. As though the anti vaxxers weren't here including you telling people not to vax their kids.

Old 11-15-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Honestly. As though the anti vaxxers weren't here including you telling people not to vax their kids.
Please copy and paste my post where I told people: "Don't vaccinate your kids." Include the post number as well for quick review, thanks. Looking forward to seeing my post where I said that. That way, everyone can see you're not a liar.

PS. There is no post. I said no such thing. Poster is a liar.

In fact I always say: If you want a vaccine: GO get it. GO get 50. GO get 500. I really do not care. Just leave others who do not want them ALONE.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:40 PM

313 posts, read 268,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Wrong. Thousands have been injured by vaccines. Opt out. Your right as a parent. Don;t fall for this big pharma uneducated brainwash parent BS. Stop the lies.

If your kid is vaccinated why worry? Dumb.
Thank you. I wish more would keep an open mind, take in all the information available. It's not making an informed, educated decision, remaining closed minded. A person will never learn or grow this way. It's not making the best decision for your family unless you're open to hearing all the information. Give the idea consideration. We have the same goal; what's best for kids. Why is working together, combining resources, figuring out a solution TOGETHER, so difficult? I think it can be done.......open minds first.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:10 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
My kids are grown, but I have several friends who home school. I don't think it has anything to do with vaccines. However, one child is autistic and the school was putting pressure on the parents to medicate, yet they wanted to try a more natural way to help him. I believe that was part of their decision to switch to home schooling this year.
THERE IS NO MEDICINE FOR AUTISM.

There are some meds that help with various symptoms, but schools are not allowed to put pressure on parents to medicate even if the child shows symptoms. Teachers and school administrators are NOT doctors. Aside from that it is against federal law.

It is more likely that medication was being recommended for ADD or ADHD than for autism, btw, but that is illegal as well.

https://www.wdsu.com/article/law-sch...ldren/3370499#
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting