U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-15-2019, 10:58 PM
 
7,620 posts, read 4,234,003 times
Reputation: 16505

Advertisements

Is there a significant population of people who select which immunizations are acceptable for their families and which are not or does the anti-vax community largely group all such procedures together?

 
Old 11-15-2019, 11:35 PM
Status: "Happy New Year!" (set 14 hours ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
88,550 posts, read 104,881,764 times
Reputation: 34099
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Is there a significant population of people who select which immunizations are acceptable for their families and which are not or does the anti-vax community largely group all such procedures together?
Some pick and choose, and some are totally opposed to all of them.
 
Old 11-15-2019, 11:38 PM
Status: "Happy New Year!" (set 14 hours ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
88,550 posts, read 104,881,764 times
Reputation: 34099
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
CDC is just filled with former pharma employees and vice versa. I take anything they throw out there with a large grain of salt.
But Jenny McCarthy, RFK, Jr., Bill Maher and others have no agenda, no?
 
Old 11-16-2019, 12:39 AM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
6,112 posts, read 2,709,324 times
Reputation: 19272
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Is there a significant population of people who select which immunizations are acceptable for their families and which are not or does the anti-vax community largely group all such procedures together?
the problem is that the minute you notice that something is going wrong with your child; the health care industry literally starts to shut down around you.

They tell you it's 'normal' about 6 hours before your kid is unresponsive. When you ask 'what about the vaccine?' They say 'absolutely not; it's only a coincidence.'

The more ominous & dire your child's situation grows; the more shutters are drawn.

Parents who would have, at one time; been open to an interactive decision about vaccines; quickly lose trust & become angry. You cannot have an intellectual discussion while your child is regressing or stops breathing & their doctors marginalize you.

The US recommended schedule, it's policy makers & the doctors that support them create die-hard 'antivaxxers'. Being abandoned to care for your vaccine-injured child alone creates 'antivaxxers'. You swing into protective mode & you are irretrievably against any vaccine they would advocate, ever again.
 
Old 11-16-2019, 12:46 AM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
6,112 posts, read 2,709,324 times
Reputation: 19272
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
Vaccinate your kids people.
I DID.

Homeschooling/immunization laws-20191114_160401_hdr_2.jpg

Homeschooling/immunization laws-32170395_123197856965-1-.jpg

My daughter; who died less than 24 hours after vaccination.
 
Old 11-16-2019, 01:15 AM
 
7,620 posts, read 4,234,003 times
Reputation: 16505
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
the problem is that the minute you notice that something is going wrong with your child; the health care industry literally starts to shut down around you.

They tell you it's 'normal' about 6 hours before your kid is unresponsive. When you ask 'what about the vaccine?' They say 'absolutely not; it's only a coincidence.'

The more ominous & dire your child's situation grows; the more shutters are drawn.

Parents who would have, at one time; been open to an interactive decision about vaccines; quickly lose trust & become angry. You cannot have an intellectual discussion while your child is regressing or stops breathing & their doctors marginalize you.

The US recommended schedule, it's policy makers & the doctors that support them create die-hard 'antivaxxers'. Being abandoned to care for your vaccine-injured child alone creates 'antivaxxers'. You swing into protective mode & you are irretrievably against any vaccine they would advocate, ever again.
Quite a generalization to make even as, in your case, the results were of an individual, tragic nature.
 
Old 11-16-2019, 05:50 AM
 
9,029 posts, read 2,634,422 times
Reputation: 10180
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Quite a generalization to make even as, in your case, the results were of an individual, tragic nature.
Everything she says is true.

It has already been determined that vaccines never cause any harm to anyone ever.

What type of data gets collected when the outcome has been predetermined?

What types of treatment protocol/guidelines are developed when it's been determined that there is no possibility of harm? Do you know of ANY drug that has been said: this will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER harm you?

No. Only "vaccines" of which there are many shots, many diseases, many formulations, and many combinations by many manufacturers. But somehow ALL of them are 1,000% safe for EVERYONE. Absolutely no questions allowed about that. Does that make logical sense? No. It doesn't.

It's no longer science. It's marketing, politics, and profit at the expense of knowledge, health, and freedom.
 
Old 11-16-2019, 08:44 AM
 
4,566 posts, read 3,076,812 times
Reputation: 9116
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
THERE IS NO MEDICINE FOR AUTISM.

There are some meds that help with various symptoms, but schools are not allowed to put pressure on parents to medicate even if the child shows symptoms. Teachers and school administrators are NOT doctors. Aside from that it is against federal law.

It is more likely that medication was being recommended for ADD or ADHD than for autism, btw, but that is illegal as well.

https://www.wdsu.com/article/law-sch...ldren/3370499#
Why are you replying in all CAPS? Do you think I'm lying? The school called CPS on my friend and interviewed both her children at school before she was informed, which upset both children, then they were under investigation for several months before cleared. All because they didn't medicate their autistic son. So yes, I'm sure that's one of the reasons she is homeschooling both children today.
 
Old 11-16-2019, 08:48 AM
 
16,471 posts, read 18,499,728 times
Reputation: 16336
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Why are you replying in all CAPS? Do you think I'm lying? The school called CPS on my friend and interviewed both her children at school before she was informed, which upset both children, then they were under investigation for several months before cleared. All because they didn't medicate their autistic son. So yes, I'm sure that's one of the reasons she is homeschooling both children today.
No, not implying that you are lying, but there is NO medicine for autism and if her school thought there was they were totally wrong.

What medication were they recommending? I am curious because I have heard of ADHD meds being recommended, but that is separate from autism entirely though the conditions can be comorbid.
 
Old 11-16-2019, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
11,427 posts, read 17,995,750 times
Reputation: 29200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
My son had a very mild chicken pox at a year old when his brothers got it. At 6 he had a big bump on his foot so took him to the doctor. He said it’s chicken pox and you can get it twice if the first case is mild. By night time he had it bad.
This happened to me at 11 months and 6 years old, but the doctor called it Shingles the second time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top