Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 09:41 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What I stated is true. One of the founders of NVIC has a vaccine injured child. For speaking out she gets called names in an attempt to discredit her. I’m sorry you took my comment so personally. What happened to her happens to a lot of parents of vaccine injured children. It happens to all of those who speak up and have anything negative to say about vaccines. It happens to researchers who find things that don’t align perfectly with the mantra that vaccines are always safe and effective. It happens to anyone who even questions the current vaccine schedule. It happens to people who were vaccine injured. It’s terrible. I wish more people could see what is going on. Truth is being suppressed.
How many people have children injured by vaccine preventable diseases?

Whose mantra is it that "vaccines are always safe and effective"?

What you want is Nirvana: vaccines with zero side effects. That is never going to happen.

The truth is the disease is always more dangerous than the vaccine.

Nothing is being suppressed.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:11 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
He does not have autism. After his fourth round of DPT he suffered convulsions and collapse shock and was later diagnosed with minimal brain dysfunction which led to learning disabilities. He spent his school days in a self contained special ed classroom. Prior to his fourth shot of DPT he was a very bright, healthy child. After his fourth DPT vaccine he was not the same kid.

Kathi Williams, a co-founder of NVIC also has a child injured by the DPT vaccine as did Jeff Schwartz.
I believe Fisher calls herself an "autism mom".

Quote:
What I stated is true. One of the founders of NVIC has a vaccine injured child. For speaking out she gets called names in an attempt to discredit her.
Fisher gets called names?

Dr. Paul Offit gets death threats.

https://www.wired.com/2009/10/ff-waronscience/

"Risk is also the motivating idea in Offit's life. This is a man, after all, who opted to give his own two children — now teenagers — the flu vaccine before it was recommended for their age group. Why? Because the risk of harm if his children got sick was too great. Offit, like everyone else, will do anything to protect his children. And he wants Americans to be fully educated about risk and not hoodwinked into thinking that dropping vaccines keeps their children safe. 'The choice not to get a vaccine is not a choice to take no risk,' he says. 'It's just a choice to take a different risk, and we need to be better about saying, "Here's what that different risk looks like." Dying of Hib meningitis is a horrible, ugly way to die.'"

Or, as a reviewer of an anti-vax book once noted, "Not vaccinating your child is like hiding him in a swamp full of alligators to protect him from ninjas."

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 11-25-2019 at 10:21 PM..

Old 11-25-2019, 10:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

"Risk is also the motivating idea in Offit's life. This is a man, after all, who opted to give his own two children — now teenagers — the flu vaccine before it was recommended for their age group. Why? Because the risk of harm if his children got sick was too great. Offit, like everyone else, will do anything to protect his children. And he wants Americans to be fully educated about risk and not hoodwinked into thinking that dropping vaccines keeps their children safe. 'The choice not to get a vaccine is not a choice to take no risk,' he says. 'It's just a choice to take a different risk, and we need to be better about saying, "Here's what that different risk looks like." Dying of Hib meningitis is a horrible, ugly way to die.'"

Or, as a reviewer of an anti-vax book once noted, "Not vaccinating your child is like hiding him in a swamp full of alligators to protect him from ninjas."
And look at what happened right here in MissTerri's state to a pro-vax legislator:
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/ant...-vaccine-bill/
"I’m an emergency room nurse and I ran for office because I think being a nurse is a perspective to have being a legislator. To see how partisan this issue became to me when I walked into it … I never would have thought it was a partisan issue,” he recalled. . . “And to threaten to burn down my house with my children inside of it because I want to make sure our communities are safe, I haven’t been able to wrap my head around it and I just think it’s completely unacceptable,” he added."

More on this story:
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/05/...-death-threat/ Denver Channel 4
"Rep. Kyle Mullica, Lawmaker Behind Vaccine Bill, Receives Death Threat: ‘Leave My Family Out Of It’ "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ninasha.../#38e68b2f2cfd Forbes Magazine
"Not only did the bill die within a few days, the proposer, Kyle Mullica (D-Denver), began receiving death threats. One email stated "The world would be a better place if your house burned down with you and your family in it." "

Vaccine threat - Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › politics › 2019/05/02 › leave-my-family-...
May 2, 2019 - 'Leave my family out of it': Nurse-turned-legislator gets death threat over

Old 11-26-2019, 05:16 AM

10,230 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

That says it all to me about Offit. He experimented on his own children? Horrific. Experiment on your own adult self, Doctor.

The moral is never vote for some Doctor or Nurse running for political office. They seem to be on some mission from God to legislate medicine. Practicing medicine is not good enough for them. When I found out that Howard Dean was a Doctor, he did not get my vote.

Old 11-26-2019, 05:46 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And I don't understand the preoccupation with the "well diagnosis are SO much better now."

I remember very very few kids that exhibited this behavior when I was young. There were very few kids in special ed. Today, classrooms are filled with inclusive education because so many kids have "diagnoses." Where were all these kids who allegedly had autism but were not diagnosed all those years ago?

1 in 166: 2004

1 in 59: 2018 -- NJ has an alarming 1 in 36 rate.

That's not "better diagnosis." Unless pediatricians and teachers were complete and utter idiots who were unable to recognize cognitive and behavioral issues years ago.
What don't you understand about the "changing criteria" for diagnosis of autism??

It isn't "diagnosis is so much better now".....it's criteria has changed, screening recommendations have changed, awareness has increased, increased services available....

NJ has an "alarming 1 in 36 rate"...well Colorado has a 1 in 93 rate of diagnosis

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...up-in-the-u-s/

Do you really think there are biologic factors in play that could explain THAT wide of a variation in diagnosis between 2 states in the same country???

Of course not....it has to do with awareness and services available

Your personal recollection of how many kids "exhibited this behavior when you were young" is meaningless as is your recollection of special ed services....

Old 11-26-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
You're not. It's ridiculous. It makes no logical sense.
That Hep. B vaccine came out when my daughters were 10 and 15. Their Pediatrician keep pushing me to get them the vaccination. I kept refusing until he said one day that I needed to get mine also. I walked out the door and never went back there. Today they would not have been allowed in school without that.

Hep. B is not only transferred through sex but through blood as well. Just babies? No, it is pushed on adults as well. I refused it myself working in Group Homes and Public Schools. My husband refused Hep; B vaccination after his heart attack in the hospital. Why does a 66 year old man need a Hep. B vaccination? In case the hospital used contaminated needles. Get it?

Old 11-26-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
They would have been in my neighborhood, at church, at the store, at the movies, trick or treating during Halloween, somebody's brother and sister, etc.

They would have EXISTED in society and would have been noticed.

Where were they? Why aren't there thousands and thousands of adult day care centers to care for all these adults TODAY? Since the parents are too old to do it.

Where are ALL those 1 in 59 adults who cannot function in everyday society? Since, according to you the percent in the population has *never* changed. They have always existed at this incredibly high rate.

Were all of us blind 30 years ago? Show all the diagnosis codes that were used IN PLACE of autism but all these pediatricians that recorded cognitive and behavioral deficits in their child patients.

Never saw them, not because of "better" diagnosis ... they simply weren't here. Most kids were "normal" using the term loosely.
Oh, they were around back then. I am 71. They were the kids in school who were "not quite right" or maybe just a bit "different". Very bad behavior issues? I remember one boy in school who was always having behavior issues. One day he jumped out a third story window. Never saw him again. They were institutionalized, or maybe ended up in a JD facility, or later jail?

Today we have Group Homes. Many of the older adults I worked who had severe disabilities (mental and physical) were sent to institutions as children and became Wards of State for the rest of their adult lives. No, a 70 year old parent cannot be expected to take care of their severely disabled Middle Age child. Today modern medicine has kept them alive longer. A lot would have died young in years past. There are varying degrees of Autism. I did work in a Group Home with an Autistic man in this 50's. He was put in an Institution as a child. Willowbrook in NY. I would guess he was not diagnosed with Autism until he was an adult. They were called Insane Asylums in the past.

Not many vaccines around back in his or my day. DPT maybe? Wasn't that formulation changed recently? WHY? IMHO, it is probably a combination of genetic predisposition and vaccines which can/will add to the severity. Is the prevention of the disease worth the risk? For most of these vaccinations, I would say no it is not worth the risk. HPV? Flu? Do we really need a Common Cold Vaccine? "There can never be too many vaccines!" Right.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:52 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Now that NY has eliminated all exemptions besides medical and also tightened up medical exemptions, they are now introducing legislation to make the HPV vaccine required for elementary school children. You can’t catch HPV in school so it does not make sense for the perspective of keeping kids who can’t get the vaccine safe at school. I suspect this will lead to more homeschoolers.

Not only that, they want to do it without parental knowledge or consent. This is crazy!

https://www.newsday.com/news/region-...ory-1.38808088

Quote:
ALBANY — Two legislative proposals with strong sponsors would require elementary school children to be immunized against the sexually transmitted virus known as HPV, without requiring that their parents agree or even know about the shots.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:58 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Polio cases caused by the vaccine are now outnumbering cases caused by the wild virus in countries that still use the live vaccine. A victim of it’s own success. What a mess.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/polio...irus-1.5372285

Quote:
Four African countries have reported new cases of polio linked to the oral vaccine, as global health numbers show there are now more children being paralyzed by viruses originating in vaccines than in the wild.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:04 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
What don't you understand about the "changing criteria" for diagnosis of autism??

It isn't "diagnosis is so much better now".....it's criteria has changed, screening recommendations have changed, awareness has increased, increased services available....

NJ has an "alarming 1 in 36 rate"...well Colorado has a 1 in 93 rate of diagnosis

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...up-in-the-u-s/

Do you really think there are biologic factors in play that could explain THAT wide of a variation in diagnosis between 2 states in the same country???

Of course not....it has to do with awareness and services available

Your personal recollection of how many kids "exhibited this behavior when you were young" is meaningless as is your recollection of special ed services....
What were the diagnoses of all those kids 30 years ago?

Again, where are they as ADULTS today?

Funny, you can go to target and see kids with the symptoms every day. 30 years ago? Never saw those kids with the same symptoms. Where WERE they?

I don't think you understand my question at all. You are hung up ONLY on the diagnosis. Not the actual number of kids who have behavioral and cognitive deficits over time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting